WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

9 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

not sure if Cinder Bed will get anything however

If they do, it will probably be some 6400's.

10 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

not sure where they'd go for right now. Don't think Blade will get XDE40s again because as of late they've been trying to get rid of them which is why 7070-7075 are at Western, 7087-7095 are at West Ox, and 7096-7099 at Andrews. Also I don't think SP will get rid of the blue DE40LFAs since they have trips on the X9 unless they'd send those to Montgomery for MetroExtra service. 

It really is a logistical standpoint. Problem is the 1C and 2B starting way more far out in Vienna and Dunn Loring and the headway for FMR buses. Ballston is fine since a handful of FMR routes are there rn. 

Maybe Cinder Bed could do those lines? They are the next closest depot to those starting points. Dunn Loring is only a 12-15 minute drive from CB, much closer than FMR.

3 hours ago, Chris.A said:

If they do, it will probably be some 6400's.

Maybe Cinder Bed could do those lines? They are the next closest depot to those starting points. Dunn Loring is only a 12-15 minute drive from CB, much closer than FMR.

Speaking of Cinder Bed. WMATA is supposed to take back Cinder Bed on 1/1/22. 

15 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

5507 was on the X2 like two hours ago. Didn't noticed it entered service bc I was doing online classes and ordering Chinese food. Anyways not sure when the rest will enter service as of rn.

ED947A41-2139-4BC0-84A7-3D9093D78794.png

Did the New Flyer Xcelsior XD60s equipped with Voith D864.6 or Allison B500R transmissions

2716 is up for auction on GovDeals.com

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa=Main.Item&itemid=3&acctid=20077

One of the pictures shows an inspection sticker showing the mileage at around 510k miles(Granted being a year old). I assumed WMATA buses rack up a lot of miles. Does anyone know if this is normal mileage or are the odometers reset after being overhauled?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, alexb320 said:

One of the pictures shows an inspection sticker showing the mileage at around 510k miles(Granted being a year old). I assumed WMATA buses rack up a lot of miles. Does anyone know if this is normal mileage or are the odometers reset after being overhauled?

So sad to see these go. I actually saw one recently in service on the U4 I believe (a #3000 series bus, didn't catch the number). The Orion VII OG CNGs will certainly be missed just like their NY MTA counterparts a couple years ago!

In DASH news, we got pictures of the NEW Proterras which are numbered 804-806 I think. These will be replacing all remaining high floor buses alongside the XE40s I believe. Picture taken by Brian Robey on Facebook.

12D776DF-5C54-4B74-BE53-1A0E628BA5D1.jpeg

So Just the remaining 2004-2008 Orion Vs or the Artics and MCIs too?

On 1/30/2021 at 4:51 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

5504 entered service on the X2 as well

About time!

On 1/29/2021 at 8:08 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Update: hearing some of the Blue C40LFRs are retired. Not sure which units but they’re probably at CET or Bladensburg. Other than that idk any numbers

Damn, already!??! That means there's only 7-8 of these CNGs left, no wonder I rarely see them!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alexb320 said:

OK, how much the bus cost and is it damaged? 

20 hours ago, alexb320 said:

if I only had my licenses and a few spare dollars lying around I could've possibly bought it since the bid is only $100

18 hours ago, Chris.A said:

So sad to see these go. I actually saw one recently in service on the U4 I believe (a #3000 series bus, didn't catch the number). The Orion VII OG CNGs will certainly be missed just like their NY MTA counterparts a couple years ago!

So Just the remaining 2004-2008 Orion Vs or the Artics and MCIs too?

About time!

Damn, already!??! That means there's only 7-8 of these CNGs left, no wonder I rarely see them!

Idk how accurate the C40LFRs are but they haven't been tracked for a while. They're either sidelined or retired but not sure. Thinking the 2020 XN40s replaced the blue C40LFRs since most the 2020 XN40s are commonly found on Metroextra routes now.

16 hours ago, JAX Transit 2000 said:

OK, how much the bus cost and is it damaged? 

Bid is only $100 rn. But looking at it, would cost more just to fix up the bus and an additional for fuel.

6 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

if I only had my licenses and a few spare dollars lying around I could've possibly bought it since the bid is only $100

Idk how accurate the C40LFRs are but they haven't been tracked for a while. They're either sidelined or retired but not sure. Thinking the 2020 XN40s replaced the blue C40LFRs since most the 2020 XN40s are commonly found on Metroextra routes now.

Bid is only $100 rn. But looking at it, would cost more just to fix up the bus and an additional for fuel.

Any WMATA Orion Vs for sale? I know one guy on facebook was looking to buy one...

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

Any WMATA Orion Vs for sale? I know one guy on facebook was looking to buy one...

not sure. check in with wmata for sure. here what they say on their sales listing.

Buses
We presently have surplus/used buses. Please call 202-962-5506 to request a bid package.

We periodically have a variety of buses for sale. Please contact 202-962-5506 for a complete listing. All sales are subject to the attached terms and conditions.

https://www.wmata.com/business/procurement/surplus-property/sales-listings.cfm

8 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Great knowledge dude, and where you can find these 2005-06 Orion VII CNG Parts from and what about the John Deere 6081H engines what came off the 2006 Orion VII CNG 40ft order?  Are John Deere 6081H engines running in good condition at WMATA Yard? 

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

OK, what year? 

On 1/31/2021 at 8:43 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Not sure

Check Wikipedia

On 2/1/2021 at 10:54 PM, JAX Transit 2000 said:

Great knowledge dude, and where you can find these 2005-06 Orion VII CNG Parts from and what about the John Deere 6081H engines what came off the 2006 Orion VII CNG 40ft order?  Are John Deere 6081H engines running in good condition at WMATA Yard? 

OK, what year? 

Check Wikipedia

I think they got rid of those engines.

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2021 at 8:31 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Speaking of Cinder Bed. WMATA is supposed to take back Cinder Bed on 1/1/22. 

I wonder if they will change up the bus assignments when that happens? Anyway, with West Ox leaving the system (for now according to a fb post), anyone want to take a guess as to who will be getting the upcoming #4500's? I think  Andrew's, Western, Sheppard's Parkway, and Landover will get these buses.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chris.A said:

I wonder if they will change up the bus assignments when that happens? Anyway, with West Ox leaving the system (for now according to a fb post), anyone want to take a guess as to who will be getting the upcoming #4500's? I think  Andrew's, Western, Sheppard's Parkway, and Landover will get these buses.

yeah the FB groups I'm in already said they're ending West Ox operations although someone said its only temporary but I'm not sure. Not sure where their buses would go as of yet probably to Cinder Bed, Andrews, or Western but I'm not sure yet. I'm pretty sure Landover and Montgomery would get the 2021 XD40s because they're due to replace the DE40LFs and DE40LFRs since MTA MD already retired their DE40LFRs plus not much parts available (damn I'm really getting old lol). I assume Landover and Montgomery will split 4450-4499 and the 4500s would go to Shep, Western, and Andrews to probably kick out some D40LFRs (not 100% sure of these assignments just basing off where they're needed). 

yeah the FB groups I'm in already said they're ending West Ox operations although someone said its only temporary but I'm not sure. Not sure where their buses would go as of yet probably to Cinder Bed, Andrews, or Western but I'm not sure yet. I'm pretty sure Landover and Montgomery would get the 2021 XD40s because they're due to replace the DE40LFs and DE40LFRs since MTA MD already retired their DE40LFRs plus not much parts available (damn I'm really getting old lol). I assume Landover and Montgomery will split 4450-4499 and the 4500s would go to Shep, Western, and Andrews to probably kick out some D40LFRs (not 100% sure of these assignments just basing off where they're needed). 

Well, the 2021 XD60s are also on the horizon, so that could affect the amount of XD40s Sheppard's Parkway depot gets. I think Montgomery is also in line for more new artics. Don't forget the electric buses coming later this year too, on top of all the former West Ox depot hybrids. Interesting year indeed ahead.