Honolulu Nova LFS Order

AlexLy

• 4 weeks later...
It looks like the Gillig Phantoms 600s are being less and used now. The only place you'll now see them is during Express services or being parked at the garages.

Are the LFSes already in service? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
These buses look quite nice. They are EPA2010s

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The..._2011-01-04.jpg

They are nice, yes. But they're EPA 2007...

EPA 2007 Cummins (in the case of Nova Bus):

-Original Venturi exhaust pipe

-No Urea system

-Normal structure

EPA 2010 Cummins (in the case of Nova Bus):

-Shorter exhaust pipe

-Urea system

-New structure

BTW, they were built in August 2010 (from what I remember seeing on metrodemontreal).

They are nice, yes. But they're EPA 2007...

EPA 2007 Cummins (in the case of Nova Bus):

-Original Venturi exhaust pipe

-No Urea system

-Normal structure

EPA 2010 Cummins (in the case of Nova Bus):

-Shorter exhaust pipe

-Urea system

-New structure

BTW, they were built in August 2010 (from what I remember seeing on metrodemontreal).

There are always exceptions. The only way to know for sure it to pop the hood.

• 2 months later...

thebus-honolulu-Yeahh the only reason why they got the novas because there were the low bider compare to new flyer which is little more expensive and nova had more seats. But there saying there having problems wit them recently they had more on order but cancelled it

which sucks! cuz i liked it because of the power and the large clear windows. Clear than any bus in the fleet.

problems with the new ac system

annoying ching ching sound like somethings lose in the whats that called? the box? where all the eletronics is behind the driver compartment

drivers dislike how theres seats behind and across where the front passenger wheel well is

makes it diffitcult for wheel chair to enter the bus cuz of the narrow room they have to manuver there wheelchair/scoooter

back door opens slow

mostly the complants is from the drivers

they prefer driving the phantom then that piece of s*** Nova (one drive sed)

well it its still doin its 6 month testing which it ends in june

all of its findings about the bus will be sent to the city via from maintance/drivers

problems with the new ac system

annoying ching ching sound like somethings lose in the whats that called? the box? where all the eletronics is behind the driver compartment

drivers dislike how theres seats behind and across where the front passenger wheel well is

makes it diffitcult for wheel chair to enter the bus cuz of the narrow room they have to manuver there wheelchair/scoooter

back door opens slow

mostly the complants is from the drivers

they prefer driving the phantom then that piece of s*** Nova (one drive sed)

well it its still doin its 6 month testing which it ends in june

all of its findings about the bus will be sent to the city via from maintance/drivers

Just answerin'!

1. I'm not sure about the sound you're talking about, but that "ching ching" reminds me the back door locks made by Vapor.

2. We can increase the speed. :D Don't ask me how!

• 3 weeks later...
since thebus got the new buses

they been having some problems

like this one seen on the news

heres the link

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/1464331...da-retrofitting

tell me what you think?

thanks

When speccing a new bus I'd say it's the TA's responsibility to ensure the seating configuration they order meets their needs. I don't think Thebus did their homework on this one, nova isn't to blame but if this forces a better solution to the fold down step issue than that's a good result.

When speccing a new bus I'd say it's the TA's responsibility to ensure the seating configuration they order meets their needs. I don't think Thebus did their homework on this one, nova isn't to blame but if this forces a better solution to the fold down step issue than that's a good result.

Like you've just said, Nova Bus isn't the one to be blamed, since TheBus must have spec'd their own buses like that. Nova didn't expect that larger wheelchairs would try to get in!

It is also the manufacturer's responsibility to ensure that their buses meet all ADA requirements, especially when written so in a tender.