GO Transit Locomotive Deliveries

All of GO's other MP40s were tested this way.

I wouldn't call it an aid, more like a backup just in case. Most of the times the F59 isn't active.

Engine 627 is now operating in service on the Georgetown line (17:45 from Union), and is coupled in front of engine 549, just as all the other MP40s were during their first runs..

Nice shot, but It's not operating on the 1745 Georgetown, rather the 1730 Richmond Hill. You can see the locomotive is leading with it's headlight being on. There's also no way to spot two locos for wayside power at Georgetown.

I wouldn't call it an aid, more like a backup just in case. Most of the times the F59 isn't active.

Nice shot, but It's not operating on the 1745 Georgetown, rather the 1730 Richmond Hill. You can see the locomotive is leading with it's headlight being on. There's also no way to spot two locos for wayside power at Georgetown.

It should be the 1745 Georgetown, the engine had JUST pulled in from the west (therefore, the engine was leading). This was also on platform 3 (if the picture wasn't clear), which is normally for the Georgetown line.

It should be the 1745 Georgetown, the engine had JUST pulled in from the west (therefore, the engine was leading). This was also on platform 3 (if the picture wasn't clear), which is normally for the Georgetown line.

Don't forget Richmond Hill uses platform 3 also. I'm pretty sure the equipment cycle chart has shown the consist was on 836 in the morning then for 835 and 839 in the evening the last few days... I remember the Richmond Hill crews have been talking about it for the last few days, and also have seen that consist at Willowbrook past few weekday mornings ready for the RH runs. The morning runs E836 is coupled to E834's consist, which good test for her hauling 20 coaches plus 2 engines up to Richmond Hill.

There's also no way to spot two locos for wayside power at Georgetown.

Why do you need to spot two locos to the wayside?

I thought the wayside system allowed you to plug in as many locos as necessary through the first open connection at one end. At least, that's what they seem to do at Willowbrook.

Dan

Why do you need to spot two locos to the wayside?

I thought the wayside system allowed you to plug in as many locos as necessary through the first open connection at one end. At least, that's what they seem to do at Willowbrook.

Dan

That's true! And I've seen it before and it just didn't click there...

Just got that based on what I was told, but can't always trust what an old hogger says eh?

That's true! And I've seen it before and it just didn't click there...

Just got that based on what I was told, but can't always trust what an old hogger says eh?

Can't believe what the young ones say either sometimes.... ;)

Dan

627 seen this morning in my rear-view mirror crossing Strachan running solo, no backup F59 in sight.

Better adjust that mirror, 627 is still paired with the 549. She was stored at Henry Street in Whitby last night (ok so yes no problems with the wayside lol), came in on 423/454 in the morning and went out this afternoon up to Richmond Hill 835 then 839.

• 2 weeks later...