2006-2007 Edmonton and area spottings

M. Parsons

• Board Admin

Weather is crazy this morning. Many accidents, Many delays. LRT is running on reduced speed of maximum of 50km/h!

Not in the tunnels. :huh: Many accidents for sure - 4911 was in one at 97 Avenue and 104 Street.

My LRT trip was on time despite the slowdowns at switches and slower operating speeds above ground.

Fox Drive was and perhaps could still be a mess. The worst i've ever seen it. It wasn't much of a crawl, more of a inch stop inch stop type thing. The runs on any route running down that stretch of road must be extremely late, my bus was more than 45 minutes slow today. Our GM which was half full helped take a load off a standing load from a Route 30 D40lf, we still had more than enough seats.

Fox Drive was and perhaps could still be a mess. The worst i've ever seen it. It wasn't much of a crawl, more of a inch stop inch stop type thing. The runs on any route running down that stretch of road must be extremely late, my bus was more than 45 minutes slow today. Our GM which was half full helped take a load off a standing load from a Route 30 D40lf, we still had more than enough seats.

Apparently whatever was obstructing Fox Drive has now been cleared up according to my source which provides the latest and greatest every minute :huh:

I am having a bad cold for more than a week now, I kept working all the way along. Yesterday I was coughing very badly and could hardly kept up with day's work, so finally I decided to take a sick day and stay at home today.

Get Well Soon. :huh: I hope you can make it to the meeting tomorrow.

A very interesting day, that's for sure!

I ended up getting 643 on the 109, which is odd because it is a Westwood GM. Anyway, while trying to pull into WEM TC, we slammed into the back of 670! Good thing there was a TSO vehicle right next to us. There was no or very minimal damage, so the two buses just continued on. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics because of the lack of light, odd positioning, and I just didn't want to freeze my fingers off :huh:

Also rode 4012 on the 2.

• Board Admin

It was a stalled car on Fox Drive.

My spottings for today...

Route 5: 172, 181 (Was Kelly on it?)

Route 120: 137, 152, 192

Route 133: 127, with the driver's side headlight out

Route 135: 163, 195

Trolleys I didn't note the route for, or heard: 130, 162?, 163, 189

Train 3 had to use the Emergency Drive at one point in time. Also, there was an alarm that one train was 5 minutes late, so a reason was requested (but I got cut off before finding out what it was).

I spotted da captain at Westmount TC this afternoon :huh:
Lol!!
It was a stalled car on Fox Drive.

My spottings for today...

Train 3 had to use the Emergency Drive at one point in time. Also, there was an alarm that one train was 5 minutes late, so a reason was requested (but I got cut off before finding out what it was).

The motorman stated because of the slower driving conditions.

I spotted da captain at Westmount TC this afternoon :huh:

What a coincidence, I spotted da Microbus at WTC this afternoon. "Funny how that works!"

Kelly had Unit # 181, Janice had Unit # 124, Run 504 had Unit # 121, Marty had Unit # 102. All of the Trolley Troopers (with trolleys) were on time each time I saw them (after work, after swimming, and while out and about on MY Friday night). Laura Lee had a D40LF and spent a couple of trips getting progressively later.

Ken had Unit # 128 on Run 12006 and was on time at 101 Street and Jasper Avenue WB at 1356 and 1840. I told him I was waiting for Pally. He assured me that Pally would be along right away. I told him that from my observations of the Route 1's so far that if Pally shows up 'on time', it'll be because he's early for tomorrow.

Pally had Unit # 4504 on Run 109. He got his bus on time at JPC NB. By the time he got to 75 Street and 90 Avenue on his Route 4 trip, he was -45. He was -35-40 when I boarded his bus at 101 Street & Jasper Avenue WB. By the time we got back Downtown he was only -30. I ended up catching rick on Unit # 198 on my way back to WTC.

Wednesday, 144 came back on the 3! Traffic along Jasper/101 St wasn't so bad, and the 5's, 120's and 135's were more or less on time. The 135's were a little late, and running ahead of a 5, but that is not so unusual. All the 3's I saw showed up on time. 127 on the 133 was on time from Jasper Place to 101 St/Jasper, and then down to about 107 St/97 Ave. The HLB, and 109 St on the southside were just parking lots. 127 was inching along, and wound up getting stuck on a breaker at the Garneau loop. We tried to push it off, but there was a slight uphill incline there, so it couldn't be done. Eventually, a low floor 7 pushed us off the breaker.

Well not a bad start for the Trolleys today.. Until we got to 96 and 102a avenue and stuck in a windrow with #124. So after some big rocking back and forth and stuff. we wernt going anywhere. So here comes James the pusher telling any strong guys to get off and help. Well 4 of us tried to push him out but was not successful. Good thing i saw a 135 coming and helped transfer people to that bus. i believe 370 or something like that came out to replace while a tow was called as the inspectormobile couldnt push the bus either.

Here is a pick of our stuck bus...

124stuck1.jpg

(Yes i know i forgot to turn off the flash but got a good pic! lol)

I wont mention the driver's name for embarassment reasons... however we all know him already.

I had 4449 today, and was on time at 1430.. and no more after that.

Got 45 minutes late within the next 4 hours.

Fort Rd was a parking lot which didn't help.

If you'd gotten two hours late you'd be back on time :rolleyes:

Run 13502 and Run 309 both ended up with jammed retrievers and are running on one retriever. (Amazing the number of trolley drivers that have to borrow knives from passengers because they aren't carrying a knife on their person...they should have their EIW Multi-tool !)

James ! Are you posting pics from your work computer ? How on earth is that possible ? We're not even allowed to stick disks in our computer, or attach those cords that hook up to the camera. Heck, half the websites or things I click on come up with 'Access Denied' or 404 Error. (and it's all legit stuff too).

If you'd gotten two hours late you'd be back on time :rolleyes:

Run 13502 and Run 309 both ended up with jammed retrievers and are running on one retriever. (Amazing the number of trolley drivers that have to borrow knives from passengers because they aren't carrying a knife on their person...they should have their EIW Multi-tool !)

James ! Are you posting pics from your work computer ? How on earth is that possible ? We're not even allowed to stick disks in our computer, or attach those cords that hook up to the camera. Heck, half the websites or things I click on come up with 'Access Denied' or 404 Error. (and it's all legit stuff too).

James has talents lol..

Broken hanger at about 139 and 102. pole stuck in. epcor on way.