7115 : 16-048

7116 : 17-095

7117 : 16-002 (!)

7118 : 17-017

7119 : 18-018

7120 : 18-012

7121 : ?

7122 : 17-033

Can anyone confirm that 7117/16-002 has the early LFS oval cutouts in the front panel?

16-002? On the wiki it says that 16-002 is active... Maybe it's 16-082, as seen from the wiki.

I have a sighting of 16-002 reported here in Montreal in my 1st-gen sightings thread a few weeks ago. I think you guys meant 16-082 instead. If it were 16-002, there would be a little oval-shaped thingy on the front of the bus. Our first 40 or so '96 LFS have this oval.

I can confirm that 7117 has the oval on the front.

18-088 was also in the lot with it, as well as an unmarked LFS.

stmnovas.jpg

The unmarked LFS in that photo is the one that I has noted as 17-094. I haven't actually looked at the pic on my computer yet, so if MTN's website tells true, it's more likely that it's 18-094.

• Board Admin

The unmarked LFS in that photo is the one that I has noted as 17-094. I haven't actually looked at the pic on my computer yet, so if MTN's website tells true, it's more likely that it's 18-094.
Actually, upon zooming in close on my photo, the paper on the windshield says 17-094. So you should be correct.

I have a sighting of 16-002 reported here in Montreal in my 1st-gen sightings thread a few weeks ago. I think you guys meant 16-082 instead. If it were 16-002, there would be a little oval-shaped thingy on the front of the bus. Our first 40 or so '96 LFS have this oval.

Your're wrong Mad Mark and Andru is right. It's ex-STM 16-002 in Vancouver not 16-082. 16-002 was retired recently and 16-082 is still active at Anjou garage. I have the STM roster as of this morning in my hands right now.

• 2 months later...
18-094 is still at Vic. TC - it seems it's still used as a training vehicle!

Looks like 18-094 is heading (or already has) to bus heaven. Just had this picture forwarded to me by one of my friends in Victoria. It was taken by one of his contacts at the beginnning of June.

Victoria%20retired%20MTL%20LFS.jpg

Looks like 18-094 is heading (or already has) to bus heaven. Just had this picture forwarded to me by one of my friends in Victoria. It was taken by one of his contacts at the beginnning of June.

It's probably slight worst condition, so bye bye!

Interesting article on the front page of the most recent Saanich News. (Today's, I guess. Been in Halifax for a few weeks, so I'm not up to speed on local stuff.) With the influx of new buses, BC Transit is scrapping 63 buses. They mentioned our friend 18-094 specifically (not by number, just as a "newer looking blue bus"), because apparently somebody in government or with connections to it made noise about a "new" bus being shredded. The STM Novas were leased directly from Nova Bus for a buck (didn't say if that was a buck each or a buck for the whole shebang). Nova decided that it was not worth the expense of driving this particular bus back to Quebec, and decided to have it cut up here instead. So now we know officially.

There was also an editorial about the environmental aspects of cutting up old buses on page ten of the same paper.

As an off topic aside, apparently Halifax has a couple of Classics powered by Series 50 Detroit Diesels. THAT made me do a double take the first time I heard it. All of their NFI D40s that I saw/heard were powered by Cummins or similar sounding engines.

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting article on the front page of the most recent Saanich News. (Today's, I guess. Been in Halifax for a few weeks, so I'm not up to speed on local stuff.) With the influx of new buses, BC Transit is scrapping 63 buses. They mentioned our friend 18-094 specifically (not by number, just as a "newer looking blue bus"), because apparently somebody in government or with connections to it made noise about a "new" bus being shredded. The STM Novas were leased directly from Nova Bus for a buck (didn't say if that was a buck each or a buck for the whole shebang). Nova decided that it was not worth the expense of driving this particular bus back to Quebec, and decided to have it cut up here instead. So now we know officially.

There was also an editorial about the environmental aspects of cutting up old buses on page ten of the same paper.

As an off topic aside, apparently Halifax has a couple of Classics powered by Series 50 Detroit Diesels. THAT made me do a double take the first time I heard it. All of their NFI D40s that I saw/heard were powered by Cummins or similar sounding engines.

Interesting to read about the ex-STM.

Yes, Halifax have a 1995 and 96 Classic with Series 50 while all of the D40LF have Cummins.

Just think of how many cubes of scrap steel you could make out of that one bus! A dozen at least...

I've heard bad things about these buses, but I still feel it's a waste...

Not alot of metal.