LACMTA NABI 42BRT

ATE2

Thousand Oaks Transit in Ventura County has a few 35-foot Orion VII NG CNGs -- although that's not in LA county.

yep and few TA's in Calfornia such as e-Tran,Sacramento Regional Transit District,Union City Transit,Visalia City Coach and Yolo County Transportation District.

very nice photos. SGV-3 and SGV-9 are my divisions. Please of anybody spots those buses on 76,70,268,264 please post those photos on this forum <_< You guys did a good job of hunting them down.

Right now SGV-9 has only one (4200)

Now it's fixed on line 487 running # 3

But I am not sure what will happen after next week, cause I just saw about 20 drivers training on the bus on friday.

Up to this point 4200 is still the easiest bus to catch cause of fixed route/running number.

The second easiest one should be 4205 cause most of the time it is running on line 685(SFV-15)

Then it will be 4201 and 4202 since most of the time at least one of them is running 33/333 during rush hour(WSC-6)

The last 2 are 4203 and 4204 cause they are the only 2 buses that goes anywhere(I forgot which divisions there belong to but they belong to the same division)

It might be possible to see 4200 running on 76,70,268,264 after next week but up to this point none of them had never run on these lines

^ "The last 2 are 4203 and 4204 cause they are the only 2 buses that goes anywhere(I forgot which divisions there belong to but they belong to the same division)"

I just saw 4203 today, and I saw 4204 a few weeks ago. They operate in the San Fernando Valley, which I think is Division 15? (I don't work for Metro, so I can't verify that.)

^ "The last 2 are 4203 and 4204 cause they are the only 2 buses that goes anywhere(I forgot which divisions there belong to but they belong to the same division)"

I just saw 4203 today, and I saw 4204 a few weeks ago. They operate in the San Fernando Valley, which I think is Division 15? (I don't work for Metro, so I can't verify that.)

Correct -- Division 15.

Right now SGV-9 has only one (4200)

Now it's fixed on line 487 running # 3

But I am not sure what will happen after next week, cause I just saw about 20 drivers training on the bus on friday.

Up to this point 4200 is still the easiest bus to catch cause of fixed route/running number.

The second easiest one should be 4205 cause most of the time it is running on line 685(SFV-15)

Then it will be 4201 and 4202 since most of the time at least one of them is running 33/333 during rush hour(WSC-6)

The last 2 are 4203 and 4204 cause they are the only 2 buses that goes anywhere(I forgot which divisions there belong to but they belong to the same division)

It might be possible to see 4200 running on 76,70,268,264 after next week but up to this point none of them had never run on these lines

line 685 runs by div-3

Below is the pic that 4203 ran for Sunday 7/19 and Monday 7/20

IMG_8591.jpg

IMG_8603.jpg

Interestedly, I read a news article from the Charlotte Observer from Saturday about DesignLine's potential business if they receive the stimulus funding they requested. It mentions that they have possible contracts with Charlotte Area Transit, Ohio State University, UC-San Diego and the city of Los Angeles.

Interestedly, I read a news article from the Charlotte Observer from Saturday about DesignLine's potential business if they receive the stimulus funding they requested. It mentions that they have possible contracts with Charlotte Area Transit, Ohio State University, UC-San Diego and the city of Los Angeles.

City of Los Angeles means LADOT instead of Los Angeles County (MTA/ Metro)

Also NABI is NOT really relaible,NJT's NABI had problems.

since NABI repaired those issues with the NJT ones, i'd say they're more reliable since they actually fixed them, unlike Orion with the Old Generation VII's! Instead of actually fixing the issues, they just dis continued the model, while several TA's have to live to live with those 7's

City of Los Angeles means LADOT instead of Los Angeles County (MTA/ Metro)

wait, so LADOT is like PENNDOT, like, they're in charge of the roads and stuff or is that a TA as well?

wait, so LADOT is like PENNDOT, like, they're in charge of the roads and stuff or is that a TA as well?

LADOT is a public transportation agency responsible for certain local and express bus service within the city of Los Angeles and vicinity, operating alongside the LACMTA. LADOT primarily operates shorter "DASH" shuttle loops and a number of Commuter Express lines, while LACMTA runs most of the busier local routes along with most rapid and express routes.

since NABI repaired those issues with the NJT ones, i'd say they're more reliable since they actually fixed them, unlike Orion with the Old Generation VII's! Instead of actually fixing the issues, they just dis continued the model, while several TA's have to live to live with those 7's

NABI isn't reliiable,remember the recently retired CTA's 6 years old NABI 60LFW,they never fixed those back in 2005,when CTA wanted NABI to fix thier artics,but then now NABI wants to fix CTA's NABI 60LFW,but CTA doesn't want NABI buses anymore,CTA will most likely never buy NABIs again.

as for Orion that OG is long gone,and Orion lost lots of constumers,that Orion 7 OG almost put Orion/Daimler AG out of bisnuess.

at least they fixed TTC OG problem and maybe NYCTA and SF MUNI as well.

yes. we have DOT everywhere in the city.

LADOT might be getting DesignLine buses.

NABI isn't reliiable,remember the recently retired CTA's 6 years old NABI 60LFW,they never fixed those back in 2005,when CTA wanted NABI to fix thier artics,but then now NABI wants to fix CTA's NABI 60LFW,but CTA doesn't want NABI buses anymore,CTA will most likely never buy NABIs again.

as for Orion that OG is long gone,and Orion lost lots of constumers,that Orion 7 OG almost put Orion/Daimler AG out of bisnuess.

at least they fixed TTC OG problem and maybe NYCTA and SF MUNI as well.

remember this: CTA waited a long time to actually alert NABI about this issue, usually, when a major frame issue is found on a bus, it should be issued within the first year, not 54389799374936 years later, and besides, CTA has got to be on the top 10 list of the worst TA's in the world, right along with RGRTA for trying to sue everybody instead of giving the buses an overhaul

remember this: CTA waited a long time to actually alert NABI about this issue, usually, when a major frame issue is found on a bus, it should be issued within the first year, not 54389799374936 years later, and besides, CTA has got to be on the top 10 list of the worst TA's in the world, right along with RGRTA for trying to sue everybody instead of giving the buses an overhaul

that's true.

Also At least CTA is ordering New Flyer artics so that's the good part and at least they order extras to make up the lost of the NABI artics.

I don't see how the LACMTA can replace nearly 700 active Neoplan AN-440s in one year. After all, the newest Neoplans are hardly ten years old, and they all run on CNG, not diesel. I would guess that the RTSs and possibly the D40LFs would be the first to be retired, followed by the Gillig Phantoms (there are only two of them, so it's easy to retire them) and possibly the El Dorado MST IIs, Thomas TL-960s, and the Blue Birds.

Remember that the contracted fleet is being replaced with NABI 31-LFWs, not NABI Metro 45Cs. The 31-LFW order is smaller and will most likely arrive soon.

I've read it in one of the monthly reports, I'm not sure which one though. Although I got a lot of the following information from the "Measure R Implementation and Communication Plan" dated April 16, 2009.

Metro plans to buy 400 more 45C's between FY2010-2013 but this is seperate from any contract bus purchases. So for in house services I don't expect to see anything but NABI's for a long time to come. Contracted buses are currently scheduled to be fully replaced by FY2012, but again this is seperate from in house. There are many smaller agencies that have become New Flyer customers however in recent years because of the Diesel ban, Gardena and Torrance are good examples of that so although LACMTA won't be having a very diverse fleet in terms of the maker, the area in general will still have other types, although largely dominated by NABI and New Flyer.

I think it's also highly unlikely that you'll see any Orion VII NG CNG buses down here as many agencies purchase buses together to lower costs, so it wouldn't make much sense for one agency to go with Orion when no one else has any here.

can i ask something,why does the LACMTA have to order 31 footer buse to replace the contracted fleet,why can't they buy 40 footer to replace the contracted fleet?

LACMTA is never fair,they always have to buy 30 footer buses for contracted bus routes,why can't they get 35 footer or 40 footer to replace the contracted fleet?

it's not fair,everything is always seprated from contracted fleet,they never care for contracted fleet and Contracted Bus Lines,in case why the LACMTA has to be one of the top 10 worst TAs ever.

A good number of the contracted vehicles are 30-foot and otherwise low capacity buses, so why not replace them with similar vehicles?

because 40 footer buses are better.

Remember when the 35 foot GMC RTS retired last year,all the lighty used routes got to use 40 footer buses after the 35ft GMC RTS retire,so why can't LACMTA do the same for contracted bus lines,like get 40 footer to replace all contracted fleet?

because 40 footer buses are better.

Remember when the 35 foot GMC RTS retired last year,all the lighty used routes got to use 40 footer buses after the 35ft GMC RTS retire,so why can't LACMTA do the same for contracted bus lines,like get 40 footer to replace all contracted fleet?

It could also be a maneuverability issue. If a 40 footer can fit in a certain area, then you would need a shorter bus. Also this is getting quite off topic.