Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ATE2

LACMTA NABI 42BRT

48 posts in this topic

LACMTA has a total of 6 NABI 42BRT, which are powered by gasoline electric hybrid. They are not easy to find since they are assigned to different divisions.

4200, which belongs to div 9, used to serve line 287, but after the service change, it mostly sits in the yard

IMG_7675.jpg

4201 and 4202, belongs to div 6

IMG_7736.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

4203 and 4204 belongs to div 15

IMG_8416.jpg

IMG_8413.jpg

IMG_8431.jpg

4205 belongs to div 3

IMG_8391.jpg

Thx for watching

Does 4205 still run on Line 685? I've seen it a few times on the 685, but every time I've brought my camera, I've only seen NABI 40-LFWs.

Does 4205 still run on Line 685? I've seen it a few times on the 685, but every time I've brought my camera, I've only seen NABI 40-LFWs.

yes. The pic of 4205 was taken last Fri, July 3rd

Nice shots!

I'm not a big fan of those wheel covers.

the wheel covers look sort of unatural lol

the wheel covers look sort of unatural lol

The thing about the wheel covers (and I noticed it when I was in LA this weekend with the 60BRTs) is that they're prone to scratching/denting/breaking (which then looks worse tha not having one). If I was in charge of the specs for a transit agency I would spec the bus to not include wheel covers (even if I wanted a sleek looking bus).

I think the wheelcover is just a symbol of the demo bus for NABI BRT style bus. Besides those 42BRTs, NABI65BRT also have the wheelcover on it

IMG_1052-1.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

these new NABI 42-BRT buses and the NABI Metro 45C would replace the 1992 TMC RTS,1995-1999 Neoplan AN440,which they are being retired and they would also replace the 1994 Gillig Phantom S50T4096,1998 D40LF,2001 Thomas TL960,2001 Blue Bird CSRE 3703, 2002 Eldorado National MST II ,and 2003 ElDorado National E-Z Rider II. :D

these new NABI 42-BRT buses and the NABI Metro 45C would replace the 1992 TMC RTS,1995-1999 Neoplan AN440,which they are being retired and they would also replace the 1994 Gillig Phantom S50T4096,1998 D40LF,2001 Thomas TL960,2001 Blue Bird CSRE 3703, 2002 Eldorado National MST II ,and 2003 ElDorado National E-Z Rider II. :D

I think the 42BRT and 45C are only replacing the RTS, AN440, and D40LF, the others are all run by contractors which I think Metro plans to replace with 35LFW's.

I think the 42BRT and 45C are only replacing the RTS, AN440, and D40LF, the others are all run by contractors which I think Metro plans to replace with 35LFW's.

how do you know that?

from what i know the new NABI BRT 42 and NABI Metro 45C would also replace the 1994 Gillig Phantom S50T4096,2001 Thomas TL960,2001 Blue Bird CSRE 3703, 2002 Eldorado National MST II ,and 2003 ElDorado National E-Z Rider II and possibly also replace the 2001 Orion VI as well but the timeline for full retirement of the Contracted bus fleet has yet to be determined.

How many 42BRTs and 45Cs are on order? It seems like we're talking about 800 or so buses to replace.

From what I heard there will be 260 new 45Cs and unknown number of 42BRTs

Here's a picture of 4203 and 4204 in service together.

Also now 4200 is on line 487-03 which runs on the freeway, and it's also the first 42BRT that runs on express line

I have the schedule of 4200 on 487 so if anybody in LA is interested feel free to ask me

IMG_3924modded.jpg

IMG_3958small.jpg

IMG_3924modded.jpg

IMG_3958small.jpg

post-4572-1247509043.jpg

post-4572-1247509130.jpg

From what I heard there will be 260 new 45Cs and unknown number of 42BRTs

Here's a picture of 4203 and 4204 in service together.

Also now 4200 is on line 487-03 which runs on the freeway, and it's also the first 42BRT that runs on express line

I have the schedule of 4200 on 487 so if anybody in LA is interested feel free to ask me

What's the point of making them so fancy looking? A bus is a bus. Gets you from point A to B. What's the difference if it looks fancy with all those extra panels?

how do you know that?

from what i know the new NABI BRT 42 and NABI Metro 45C would also replace the 1994 Gillig Phantom S50T4096,2001 Thomas TL960,2001 Blue Bird CSRE 3703, 2002 Eldorado National MST II ,and 2003 ElDorado National E-Z Rider II and possibly also replace the 2001 Orion VI as well but the timeline for full retirement of the Contracted bus fleet has yet to be determined.

I can't remember specifically but I believe I read it in one of the monthly reports I get from Metro. I don't recall when they intend to finish replacing them all (2013-2014?), but I believe the Orion VI will be the last to go.

What's the point of making them so fancy looking? A bus is a bus. Gets you from point A to B. What's the difference if it looks fancy with all those extra panels?

Well which would you rather get into, a Bugatti Veyron or a 1995 Ford Taurus? The same applies to new riders for buses, although not as much as the service provided, it still does matter for making the bus seem welcoming. Here in Los Angeles where car is king and have a stigma of you're either a student or poor if you ride the bus.

I can't remember specifically but I believe I read it in one of the monthly reports I get from Metro. I don't recall when they intend to finish replacing them all (2013-2014?), but I believe the Orion VI will be the last to go.

the first contracted bus that will be retired first will be mostly likely the 1994 Gillig Phantom S50T4096 since it's already 15 years old and buses are suppose to retire at age of 12 and over and it can be replaced and it would most likely be replace by the new NABI BRT 42 and NABI Metro 45C since it's already 15 years old so they can be replaced.

Also after the 1994 Gillig Phantom retires then next will be 2001 Thomas TL960,2001 Blue Bird CSRE 3703, 2002 Eldorado National MST II ,2003 ElDorado National E-Z Rider II ,then the last one to be retired on the contracted fleet line will be the 2001 Orion VI.

I think it's about time the contracted routes to use 40 footer buses such as NABIs,Neoplans and New Flyers since those buses run Contracted bus lines because LACMTA get to use 40 footer buses on low ridership routes so they should be nothing worng using on Contracted routes.

So this year the 1994 Gillig Phantom will be retired along with the 1992 TMC RTS,1996-1999 Neoplan,and 1998 D40LF.

So this year the 1994 Gillig Phantom will be retired along with the 1992 TMC RTS,1996-1999 Neoplan,and 1998 D40LF.

I don't see how the LACMTA can replace nearly 700 active Neoplan AN-440s in one year. After all, the newest Neoplans are hardly ten years old, and they all run on CNG, not diesel. I would guess that the RTSs and possibly the D40LFs would be the first to be retired, followed by the Gillig Phantoms (there are only two of them, so it's easy to retire them) and possibly the El Dorado MST IIs, Thomas TL-960s, and the Blue Birds.

Remember that the contracted fleet is being replaced with NABI 31-LFWs, not NABI Metro 45Cs. The 31-LFW order is smaller and will most likely arrive soon.

Will any of the new 42BRTs be put into Rapid service on any lines? Just wondering, but I guess right now MTA is still "trying 'em out."

The front wheel covers may add a bit to the aerodynamics of the bus, but I think it's just one more thing to repair or replace should the bus make an unscheduled impact with a high curb or pole.

I don't see how the LACMTA can replace nearly 700 active Neoplan AN-440s in one year. After all, the newest Neoplans are hardly ten years old, and they all run on CNG, not diesel. I would guess that the RTSs and possibly the D40LFs would be the first to be retired, followed by the Gillig Phantoms (there are only two of them, so it's easy to retire them) and possibly the El Dorado MST IIs, Thomas TL-960s, and the Blue Birds.

Remember that the contracted fleet is being replaced with NABI 31-LFWs, not NABI Metro 45Cs. The 31-LFW order is smaller and will most likely arrive soon.

I know the Neoplan AN440 runs on CNG.

okay,but the 1994 Gillig Phamtom might be retired and it can be replace since it's over 12 years old,and the LACMTA should just order NABI 40 LFW bus NOT NABI 31 LFW NOR the NABI 35LFW because I think they need to run 40 footer on those contracted bus line but it's still unknow.

Just remember the 2008-2009 NABI Metro 45C and 2009 NABI 42 BRT is also posssibly to replace all the 1994 Gillig Phantom,1998 D40LF, 2002 El Dorado MST II,2001 Thomas TL-960s, and the 2001 Blue Bird CSRE 3703 .

the contracted fleet line,the only ones would reamian is the 2001 Orion VIs and 2003 ElDorado National E-Z Rider II.

I know the Neoplan AN440 runs on CNG.

okay,but the 1994 Gillig Phamtom might be retired and it can be replace since it's over 12 years old,and the LACMTA should just order NABI 40 LFW bus NOT NABI 31 LFW NOR the NABI 35LFW because I think they need to run 40 footer on those contracted bus line but it's still unknow.

Just remember the 2008-2009 NABI Metro 45C and 2009 NABI 42 BRT is also posssibly to replace all the 1994 Gillig Phantom,1998 D40LF, 2002 El Dorado MST II,2001 Thomas TL-960s, and the 2001 Blue Bird CSRE 3703 .

the contracted fleet line,the only ones would reamian is the 2001 Orion VIs and 2003 ElDorado National E-Z Rider II.

Oh that's right, 31-LFW not 35-LFW, my mistake. Anyway, there are very few contracted lines that would warrant 40ft bus, the only one that I can think of off the top of my head is 232.

None of the 45C's or 42-BRT are going to be replacing any contracted fleets, I'm pretty sure of that. But the 45C is certainly targeting some of the Neoplans, first priority though are the RTS' and D40LF's in that order. Metro plans to order some more 45C's once they go ahead with the new Harbor Transitway-El Monte Busway BRT service.

Oh that's right, 31-LFW not 35-LFW, my mistake. Anyway, there are very few contracted lines that would warrant 40ft bus, the only one that I can think of off the top of my head is 232.

None of the 45C's or 42-BRT are going to be replacing any contracted fleets, I'm pretty sure of that. But the 45C is certainly targeting some of the Neoplans, first priority though are the RTS' and D40LF's in that order. Metro plans to order some more 45C's once they go ahead with the new Harbor Transitway-El Monte Busway BRT service.

ok,how do you know? when will the 31 LFW come,what year?????

I think they should just order 40 footer bus to replace all contracted bus fleet,sometimes LACMTA can be dumb because they are ordering 31 footer bus and those are slow.

as for NYCTA

at leaset NYCTA is smart for ordering 40 footer-60 footer bus and not odering small buses,the only thing the NYCTA is dumb for is ordering Hybrid buses,they should just order clean diesel buses,but the NOVABus LFS Artic order has to be Diesel and NOT Hybrid since NOVABus only has a Diesel Version of LFSA Artic,so MTA has no choice but to buy Diesel. B)

back on topic:

and the contracted line that use 40 footer are 232,96,603,125,128,130,205,that what i know,so they will have to use 40 footer NABI,New Flyer,and Neoplan buses when all the other contracted bus fleet retire.

Also LACMTA should buy Orion VII NG CNG and New Flyer instead of getting NABIs,they have too many NABIs,iwant LACMTA to have also Orion VII NG CNG and New Flyer buses.

Also btw the order of the NABI 42 BRT was origianlly suppose to be an order of the New Flyer GE40LF,but then since the NABI made a NABI BRT 42 and and had hybrid also on option,LACMYTA had to go to them instead of buying New Flyer GE40LF. well sometimes LACMTA can be dumb you know.

well hopefully they start ordering New Flyers and Orions again.

I wish they cna also order NOVABus's buses,but too bad in Calfornia it's "illegal to order Diesel buses and Diesel Electric buses" because it's less polluting,huh.too bad NOVABus did not made CNG fuel version of their LFS/LFSA/LFX buses then that means Calfornia won't able order those buses. :D

Hopefully they make a CNG,LNG,Propane fuel version of LFS/LFSA/LFX so Calfornia can buy LFS/LFSA/LFX.

AT leaset NOT all TA's are going Green in the world,I'm sure most TA go green in the world. :(

ok,how do you know? when will the 31 LFW come,what year?????

I think they should just order 40 footer bus to replace all contracted bus fleet,sometimes LACMTA can be dumb because they are ordering 31 footer bus and those are slow.

as for NYCTA

at leaset NYCTA is smart for ordering 40 footer-60 footer bus and not odering small buses,the only thing the NYCTA is dumb for is ordering Hybrid buses,they should just order clean diesel buses,but the NOVABus LFS Artic order has to be Diesel and NOT Hybrid since NOVABus only has a Diesel Version of LFSA Artic,so MTA has no choice but to buy Diesel. :D

back on topic:

and the contracted line that use 40 footer are 232,96,603,125,128,130,205,that what i know,so they will have to use 40 footer NABI,New Flyer,and Neoplan buses when all the other contracted bus fleet retire.

Also LACMTA should buy Orion VII NG CNG and New Flyer instead of getting NABIs,they have too many NABIs,iwant LACMTA to have also Orion VII NG CNG and New Flyer buses.

Also btw the order of the NABI 42 BRT was origianlly suppose to be an order of the New Flyer GE40LF,but then since the NABI made a NABI BRT 42 and and had hybrid also on option,LACMYTA had to go to them instead of buying New Flyer GE40LF. well sometimes LACMTA can be dumb you know.

well hopefully they start ordering New Flyers and Orions again.

I wish they cna also order NOVABus's buses,but too bad in Calfornia it's "illegal to order Diesel buses and Diesel Electric buses" because it's less polluting,huh.too bad NOVABus did not made CNG fuel version of their LFS/LFSA/LFX buses then that means Calfornia won't able order those buses. :P

Hopefully they make a CNG,LNG,Propane fuel version of LFS/LFSA/LFX so Calfornia can buy LFS/LFSA/LFX.

AT leaset NOT all TA's are going Green in the world,I'm sure most TA go green in the world. :D

I've read it in one of the monthly reports, I'm not sure which one though. Although I got a lot of the following information from the "Measure R Implementation and Communication Plan" dated April 16, 2009.

Metro plans to buy 400 more 45C's between FY2010-2013 but this is seperate from any contract bus purchases. So for in house services I don't expect to see anything but NABI's for a long time to come. Contracted buses are currently scheduled to be fully replaced by FY2012, but again this is seperate from in house. There are many smaller agencies that have become New Flyer customers however in recent years because of the Diesel ban, Gardena and Torrance are good examples of that so although LACMTA won't be having a very diverse fleet in terms of the maker, the area in general will still have other types, although largely dominated by NABI and New Flyer.

I think it's also highly unlikely that you'll see any Orion VII NG CNG buses down here as many agencies purchase buses together to lower costs, so it wouldn't make much sense for one agency to go with Orion when no one else has any here.

I've read it in one of the monthly reports, I'm not sure which one though. Although I got a lot of the following information from the "Measure R Implementation and Communication Plan" dated April 16, 2009.

Metro plans to buy 400 more 45C's between FY2010-2013 but this is seperate from any contract bus purchases. So for in house services I don't expect to see anything but NABI's for a long time to come. Contracted buses are currently scheduled to be fully replaced by FY2012, but again this is seperate from in house. There are many smaller agencies that have become New Flyer customers however in recent years because of the Diesel ban, Gardena and Torrance are good examples of that so although LACMTA won't be having a very diverse fleet in terms of the maker, the area in general will still have other types, although largely dominated by NABI and New Flyer.

I think it's also highly unlikely that you'll see any Orion VII NG CNG buses down here as many agencies purchase buses together to lower costs, so it wouldn't make much sense for one agency to go with Orion when no one else has any here.

Well I know the 1994 Gillig Phamtom would be retired first of the contracted fleet then all the others and the last one to be replaced in the contracted fleet is the Orion VI.

Hopefully LACMTA

LACMTA is dumb for ordering too many NABIs,looks like we won't see any more New Flyers nor Orions nor other bus builders on LACMTA fleet again. :P LACMTA shouldn't even be America's best because they provided worst service before as well. :D

Hopefully NABI goes out of business one day,then LACMTA will have to be forced to buy buses from other bus builders such as New Flyer,Gillig,NOVABus,Van Hools and any other bus builders.

Any Transit Aceney can go to Orion,and LACMTA should buy Orion VII NG CNG but i guess they won't since they always have to buy NABIs.

Most TA always want to order buses from one Bus Manufacter company,it's now gtting annoying. :D

Thousand Oaks Transit in Ventura County has a few 35-foot Orion VII NG CNGs -- although that's not in LA county.

Regarding MTA's 42BRTs, I find it interesting that the fleet numbers for those are in the 42XX series. Could be a coincidence; the 4200s haven't been used since the '70s for the first 35-foot Flxible New Looks.

I believe Gold Coast Transit in Oxnard bases their fleet numbers at least partially on the bus length. They have 31-foot Orion Vs (or VIs, not sure) that are numbered in the 3100s, and their 40-foot NABIs, New Flyers, and Grummans in the 4000s.

Fleet numbering has always intrigued me, as to whether agencies just pull numbers out of a hat, base them on a characteristic of that vehicle, etc.