General FML moments

vivablue5215

tedt

On 1/25/2024 at 10:49 PM, FutureHeartsJunkie said:

People in today's generation won't understand on what the objects they are looking at in this video:

...snip...

Many of us will know what the technology was like back in the days...

I wonder if any of them would know how to use one of these:

WECo302modifiedtowallmount-07.thumb.JPG.bc6ddcdd4e394a1756f76b56b0086f86.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

The other day, I went to a self-checkout in my hometown and tried to uses the "French language" option (by the way, French is one of the official languages of Canada alonside English and also, my parents came from a country in Southeast Asia called "Laos" - which coincidentially was a French colony). This may startled some people, but I didn't take their comments seriously - as I told the workers that I can understand French..

It also reminded me of this:

I had to send my camera off for servicing, as it encountered a strange intermittent problem with the LCD screen, including live view and video shooting, not working.

I don't have any trips planned in the near future so it wasn't an inconvenience in that sense but it nevertheless feels like something important is missing. They received the camera on Monday and they said that there's supposed to be an update within 48 hours as to whether it's serviceable or not, but it's been obviously a lot longer than that already and still nothing.

• Sad 1

The Wild Birds Unlimited store a block from me has been told by their landlord not to put loose seed outside their store because it has been attracting an overabundance of pigeons. As you know, pigeons mate all year round, so it doesn't take long for their numbers to rise significantly.  The store has been doing a neighborhood service for the most part by keeping the pigeons in that area, so that the rest of us in the neighborhood aren't bothered by throngs of pigeons (a few yes, but not hundreds).

Anyhow, the pigeons are back at my condo building. FML.

• 1 month later...

This morning with a temperature of whopping 5 C I was put in the garden centre to cashier. Because some idiot in a climate controlled office said we have to have the garden centre open, God damn it!

A somewhat on an FML moment recently: I really love my mom - but I don't appreciate how she treated me back then (especially with a disability) and now (on an occasional time).

She wanted me to act like the other people but sometimes, there are many obstacles facing me in daily life (in which I'm capable to handle). There are many other examples I wanted to share, but it's a bit TL;DR to discuss here.

While I don't necessarily trust my mom for many situations (i.e. travelling abroad), I prefer to have someone (who understands me more - my father and my older sister for example). 

However, I still love my mother regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

That time when a spider lands in the garbage can with bag and trying to smoke it out and squish it. At least I managed to get it since the alternative was getting a bag and throwing it out which the garbage bag is scented too.

At least it was a clear bag that the spider landed in to help better contain the problem.