GOA transit news, info etc

The Barrhaven Transitway if anyone is interested, is actually coming along real well between Strandherd Station and Fallowfield Station. I took a look at Longfields Station and they have the cement shell of the station completed. The road bed is also near completion.

4299 Whats special about that Invero? :)

4299 smashed into the concrete barriers at the entrance of Queensway Station eastbound in September 2008. The damage to the front was significant.

Good that I'm not the only one who noticed. The 77 I took this afternoon had around 5 people on it when I got on at Bayview
Not only were the express buses empty, the 417 was actually moving today at 4 PM in both directions! In fact all rush hour today I was driving around and there was not a single traffic jam that I could find, even in the usual spots.

I think OC misjudged the ridership of express buses for today, every express bus I saw was pretty empty.

If you think ridership level is low today (Easter Monday), check out Christmas Eve or New Years Eve -- the ridership level on express routes during the PM rush would be much lower than today (empty buses with absolutely no riders).

But ridership remained stable during March Break. In fact, most of the buses I rode during March Break were 40-foot buses on traditionally 60-foot routes.

Anyway, I noticed the rear windows on our NGs have also been sealed and prevented from opening. However, there is no evidence of any screws or bolts holding them in. I think something's inside the latch, because the latch doesn't depress.

But ridership remained stable during March Break. In fact, most of the buses I rode during March Break were 40-foot buses on traditionally 60-foot routes.

Anyway, I noticed the rear windows on our NGs have also been sealed and prevented from opening. However, there is no evidence of any screws or bolts holding them in. I think something's inside the latch, because the latch doesn't depress.

From my experience they aren't sealed, they're just hard to open. :D

Interesting. I have yet to ride one with sealed windows so far. Does anybody know if they are now coming from Orion like this?

Much like what has been going on in Toronto, it appears to be a problem with the windows becoming detached from the arm if the bus hits a bump or something. They are either awaiting installation of a brace-like object or will be left sealed. Finally a problem which doesn't single OC's buses out. :)

The bus fleet page of the OC Transpo site seems to have had an update. I noticed that the fishbowls are no longer listed, and it now shows how many of each bus type are in the fleet. Also the classics are not included. I'm assuming because they might all be gone by years end =/. The number of hybrids listed shows the total amount for all orders, even though around 25 have yet to be delivered

http://www.octranspo1.com/about-octranspo/bus_fleet

The total buses is still out of date, however.

According to my count the bus fleet will have 1050 buses once the Classics are all retired and all hybrids arrive. (I did exclude 6118)

The bus fleet page of the OC Transpo site seems to have had an update. I noticed that the fishbowls are no longer listed, and it now shows how many of each bus type are in the fleet. Also the classics are not included. I'm assuming because they might all be gone by years end =/. The number of hybrids listed shows the total amount for all orders, even though around 25 have yet to be delivered

http://www.octranspo1.com/about-octranspo/bus_fleet

The total buses is still out of date, however.

According to my count the bus fleet will have 1050 buses once the Classics are all retired and all hybrids arrive. (I did exclude 6118)

Enviro500 (3): 1201-1203

Orion VI (140): 4001-4140

New Flyer D40i (326): 4201-4526

Orion VII NG (177): 5001-5177

New Flyer D60LF (279): 6001-6100, 6102-6117, 6119-6178, 6301-6403

Orion V (105): 9701-9720, 9801-9885

Nova LFS (20): 9721-9740

Yup! 1050 buses. The D60LF count on OC's website is incorrect, they're 100 short (possibly a typo).

Interesting?

I was unaware the Para Transpo fleet had some various seat & wheel chair place meant.

GMC 450 Series

91 buses

86 buses with 4 seats & 3 wheelchair postions

5 buses with 12 seats & 2 Wheelchair postions

I know there is at least one Para Transpo bus(not sure if there any more) that slightly different the rear door at the rear of the bus is a double door instead of a single door and I think is a different modle? I think

I also noticed they don't show 2601 on that page either?

Interesting? I was unaware the Para Transpo fleet had some various seat & wheel chair place meant. GMC 450 Series 91 buses 86 buses with 4 seats & 3 wheelchair postions 5 buses with 12 seats & 2 Wheelchair postions I know there is at least one Para Transpo bus(not sure if there any more) that slightly different the rear door at the rear of the bus is a double door instead of a single door and I think is a different modle? I think I also noticed they don't show 2601 on that page either?

2601 was retired last year IIRC