Kingston Transit

D40LF

Also why do you keep saying that 0952 is retired? My sources tell me it is not retired, just not there alot due to issues.

Sorry, I thought it had been scrapped. I might go round to the yard sometime to ask about that and if some of the older retired Classics are still sitting there.

Sorry, I thought it had been scrapped. I might go round to the yard sometime to ask about that and if some of the older retired Classics are still sitting there.

I doubt it would be scrapped, just returned if it was a failure. Actually this is the second Arboc that went to Kingston, the first was the wrong one and it was returned.

I did get to ride 0952 just before it was pulled from service, I was not impressed. Thought when I moved to Calgary I wouldn't see anymore, but they have them here too. O well.

Okay then. Today I saw 0315, a D40LF, when I was taking the E6 Downtown. It was painted in the BRAND NEW LIVERY- i don't know if it was supposed to be new, it looked exactly like the current one but the turquoise stripe looked a lot more blue-ish.

• 3 weeks later...
Is 1041 still in service? I haven't seen it in service and I keep getting conflicting responses on other sites?

The status of these buses seems to be a great source of mystery for people, even KT staff. Before I left Kingston I was able to see them all, late last year I got an email from KT saying they were all in service.

I know they have a lot of issues with these buses, so not sure, 1040 was supposedly retired last year, but as I said I saw it just before I left.

1040 is still in service. I saw it on the B on the weekend.

Yes, I saw it before I left Kingston on November 8. I had been told by numerous people that it had been retired, but then I saw it. I asked KT and they told me that all were still in service.

Personally I think they should get rid off all the cutaways and get something else, they seem to have alot of trouble with them.

The status of these buses seems to be a great source of mystery for people, even KT staff. Before I left Kingston I was able to see them all, late last year I got an email from KT saying they were all in service.

I know they have a lot of issues with these buses, so not sure, 1040 was supposedly retired last year, but as I said I saw it just before I left.

I apologize, the bus in question was 1041 that I was told was retired back in August, but I am sure I saw it before I left, leaving the VIA station.

It's been like that for a while.

Is it really necessary for you to point out every little mistake I make? It's getting pretty annoying. Stop.

As far as I know, only 8870 and 8893 are still in service

8790 is now a driver training bus

Yes, 8790 doesen't have a farebox. I hadn't seen any of the Classics for ages and I was beginning to think they were retired, but I saw one (can't remember which) last night at Cataraqui on the 7.

There was one day last week where they had a bus shortage and 8790 was apparently dispatched to go in service regardless of the farebox.

Lol, so they just had to show the driver their passes or give him change?

Also, saw 0952, the Arboc, in service on the B a few days ago!

Lol, I guess it is. Is it just me, or is the dest. sign noticeably smaller than on the other cutaways?

I would actually be very surprised if the sign was the same size, considering that it is a totally different manufacturer from the other cutaways.

• 2 weeks later...
Weird. I haven't seen it at all since the beginning of last summer.

Also, 0952 is definately in service. I saw it doing the C on Saturday.

I saw it once in early November, or late October as it left the VIA station, so route A or C.

I was also told that 0952 was in service, but we already knew that so I didn't post it.