Kingston Transit

D40LF

• 4 weeks later...

While at the VIA train station today watched a funeral possession go by with a black draped firetruck. A few vehicles behind was Kingston Transit 0942 with a black funeral sign across the rear. First time I have seen this.

There are about 5 Kingston D40LFR's at New Flyer as of yesterday.

Did you get any photos????

KT told me that they would be 6 coming.

I may get to see them then before I had west, which is now pushed back a month.

Here's the pictures! :D (Pretty accurate drawing you made)

Cool! Thanks for posting them.

Looking at the photos I can tell they are missing their bumpers, but I can't see how complete they are on the inside. I can see a drivers seat and wheel but can't make out any other seats.

As for the drawing all I did was change the caps from a D40LF drawing, Kingston is pretty predictable! Thanks however.

Here's the pictures! :D (Pretty accurate drawing you made)

I can't see who's D40LF order is it on your 3rd photo.

Cool! Thanks for posting them.

Looking at the photos I can tell they are missing their bumpers, but I can't see how complete they are on the inside. I can see a drivers seat and wheel but can't make out any other seats.

That's the way how it's made as it's just a shell bus. The final assembly for the interior complete and parts of exterior complete are in the US.

This will have the 2007 emission standards, it's probably one of the last customer in Ontario will have it.

Spent 30 minutes downtown yesterday, spotted 3 Classics during that time. Obviously if anyone wants to get photos of these in the next couple of months, before they are gone, this is the place to be.

Did all of my Kingston Classic spotting already. :o

You can never get enough of spotting Classics!

Also over the last couple of days the D40LFs have new ads with lots of bubbles appearing on the side as part of a new ad campaign for Cogeco.

Spent 30 minutes downtown yesterday, spotted 3 Classics during that time. Obviously if anyone wants to get photos of these in the next couple of months, before they are gone, this is the place to be.

Is 9202 still active?

9202 may be gone sooner than that, once these new D40LFRs arrive it will pretty much spell the end of the remaining high floors.

For anyone interested in seeing 9202 the best routes these days are the 6 and 12.

i was told my mechanic buddy there that 9202 is no longer in service as of last thurs night

I will have to take a look for it at the yard.

Haven't seen it in a couple of days, but then it was reported retired before, only to be seen in service shortly afterwards.

When I rode it, the AA screen was stuck saying "Albert St. at Wellington Street". It was also acting really sluggish. I guess it's safe to say 9202 is retired.

As far as the stop calling system screen goes, that's a bad example. The system is still a bit off sometimes. I think it happens if the driver selects the wrong route, or if the system misses the stop it keeps displaying it until the bus actually passes the stop it's looking for.

As far as the stop calling system screen goes, that's a bad example. The system is still a bit off sometimes. I think it happens if the driver selects the wrong route, or if the system misses the stop it keeps displaying it until the bus actually passes the stop it's looking for.

I have seen many systems do that, even on a D40LF

And thus passeth the last 6V92-powered Orion V in Eastern Ontario... :P

But a part of it shall live on, in the form of the Orion badge which I was able to get today.

On the other hand Kingston is taking delivery of a Chevy Arboc, which I am told will be numbered 0946. There is one in the yard but it was the wrong one and was being returned. The actual one should be in Kingston next week.

Also the D40LFRs should be here in early September.