Kingston Transit

D40LF

Looks like the last of the old license plates has finally been replaced, spotted 8892 this morning with BN8 591. Now the oldest license plate is BH series on an Orion VI

Do they get new license plates when their MTO is renewed? Also, I thought they ran out of BN- ---, since Ottawa's newest buses' license plates are (for example) 146 2BF.

.... for the record while route 6 is not officially accessible right now they mainly sitick LFs on it, I was told out of 3 buses on that route at least 2 are now LF.

I have to say I'm glad to see Route 6 becoming more accessible, at least vehicle wise. But I have been told by the manager that I should not be getting on or off buses at stops that have no curbs. Considering some of the new bus stops have been built with curb cuts, I am not happy. I need accessible transportation and if this rule is made to stick (so far the drivers have allowed me to get on at all stops), I will be hard pressed to get around.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Do they get new license plates when their MTO is renewed? Also, I thought they ran out of BN- ---, since Ottawa's newest buses' license plates are (for example) 146 2BF.

No, the plate remains with the bus.

I am surprised that none of the xxx xBF plates have appeared on KT buses, I have seen one on a private bus in the area. I am guessing it is whatever the local MTO office has on hand at the time.

• 1 month later...

Heard over the weekend that Kingston is considering Nova's for new orders after the New Flyer contract expires.

Not many here like Nova's so will of course have to wait and see. Of course I won't be here!!! :)

Also the next order is supposed to be D40LFR's. If so this would be interesting but then I have heard this before so I will wait and see. Of course with production ending on the old caps it could be true this time.

Found Kingston Transit 5611 in the bush on Saturday just north of Tichbourne (or should that be Itchbourne from all the mosquitoe bites!!!)\

There isn't much left of it, just the front, both sets of door, part of the floor, and the most of the framework.

Found Kingston Transit 5611 in the bush on Saturday just north of Tichbourne (or should that be Itchbourne from all the mosquitoe bites!!!)\

There isn't much left of it, just the front, both sets of door, part of the floor, and the most of the framework.

Did you manage to get a photo?

Did you manage to get a photo?

I did, although it was hard with all the growth around it. Sadly there wasn't much to photograph. Also I did a quick visit to 5601, which is not too far away west of Sharbot Lake and is in much better condition, although the doors have been replaced with wood house doors.

Hey Guys

Is this photo of Canada Coach Lines 2162 taken in the parking lot of Fort Henry? With the fort on the right and Cathcart Tower on the island right on the left edge of the photo?

Yes that is the parking lot at Fort Henry

• 2 weeks later...
Would this mean the end of the Classics and that Orion 5?

Yes

I am told be various sources in KT that they are done the end of this year.

Oddly the International is no longer listed as on order, so I wonder if it was cancelled

Heard over the weekend that Kingston is considering Nova's for new orders after the New Flyer contract expires.

Not many here like Nova's so will of course have to wait and see. Of course I won't be here!!! ;)

Also the next order is supposed to be D40LFR's. If so this would be interesting but then I have heard this before so I will wait and see. Of course with production ending on the old caps it could be true this time.

Drew this which I will post here so people can look at it, I have also posted it to the Transit Drawings thread. Wonder if this will ever happen here.

Drew this which I will post here so people can look at it, I have also posted it to the Transit Drawings thread. Wonder if this will ever happen here.

pretty good drawing done there.

Digging through the city records online last night I came across an interesting find.

When they were ordering the SLF's back in 2002 Orion tendered a 30' Orion VII. The design was rejected due to it being a new model and Kingston didn't want to have issues. Also there was the ElDorado EZ Rider II offered but this was rejected due to issues too.

Guess no matter what they would have purchased there were issues as the SLF has had its fair share of problems here.

• 2 weeks later...

It was around 5:30, 6:00. I was heading back from Ottawa with my mother when I saw it. What's funny is, while I was shooting my ride video of 9202, my car was tailing the bus going up Brock Street. I also came across 8868 on the 10, and 8892 on the 12. I'm not sure what else I saw.

It was around 5:30, 6:00. I was heading back from Ottawa with my mother when I saw it. What's funny is, while I was shooting my ride video of 9202, my car was tailing the bus going up Brock Street. I also came across 8868 on the 10, and 8892 on the 12. I'm not sure what else I saw.

8868 on the 10? The 10 uses low floor buses and doesn't run downtown. More than likely it would have been the 3.