Calgary Transit CTrain Service Disruptions

Some drunk threw up all over 2007...causing the entire 3 car consist to go out of service. Why not just lock off 2007?

On another note, I wasn't all that impressed with the shuttles. The majority of people coming from Anderson were getting off at Somerset, so why not have a bus that goes directly there? The loads on the buses leaving Anderson were also really high. Standees pretty much all the way to Somerset. This was all before the game got out, so I don't think that had an effect. It took me 30 minutes from Anderson to Somerset, and then another 30 from Somerset to Anderson. Inefficient.

Some drunk threw up all over 2007...causing the entire 3 car consist to go out of service. Why not just lock off 2007?

Its a pain in the butt, it takes double time to load and unload the train with a isolated car, stresses out the driver too.

On another note, I wasn't all that impressed with the shuttles. The majority of people coming from Anderson were getting off at Somerset, so why not have a bus that goes directly there? The loads on the buses leaving Anderson were also really high. Standees pretty much all the way to Somerset. This was all before the game got out, so I don't think that had an effect. It took me 30 minutes from Anderson to Somerset, and then another 30 from Somerset to Anderson. Inefficient.

My idea would be to set up direct game shuttels from Somerset to the stadium. ETS sets up "Park And Rides" at major locations in the city to help out heavy loads on there LRT.

I would love to see that Idea here in Calgary.

I noticed that the shuttles were picking up a fair number of people at Canyon Meadows too.

Its a pain in the butt, it takes double time to load and unload the train with a isolated car, stresses out the driver too.
Good points, none of those actually occurred to me. The next train was only a minute or two behind so it wasn't a big problem.
My idea would be to set up direct game shuttels from Somerset to the stadium. ETS sets up "Park And Rides" at major locations in the city to help out heavy loads on there LRT.

I would love to see that Idea here in Calgary.

They kind-of did that, at least once.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/detours/201_...ion_090731.html

It amuses me pages about service disruptions from over 2 years ago are still up on the CT website..including the shuttle schedules. <_<

Tallis's Channel!
Yeah, I have it setup that way at the moment. I'll probably move my transit related videos over to a new channel soon.

Disruption tonight - CT's twitter says a "medical incident." Shuttles were in place between Erlton Station and Chinook Station for a bit over an hour. Anyone know what happened?

In addition, there were some delays this morning. Car accident in the NE (not involving the CTrain though) causing delays there, and equipment failure up in the NW somewhere.

Disruption tonight - CT's twitter says a "medical incident." Shuttles were in place between Erlton Station and Chinook Station for a bit over an hour. Anyone know what happened?

In addition, there were some delays this morning. Car accident in the NE (not involving the CTrain though) causing delays there, and equipment failure up in the NW somewhere.

I saw a 2-car consist at Crowfoot around 1:40pm, could it be related?

Someone fell between the cars at 39th.

:)

There were so many delays today it wasn't even funny. This evening, there were mechanical problems at City Hall. My IB train got stuck at Sunnyside for 10 minutes, and then between 5th and 4th St for about 8 minutes. It took approximately 45 minutes to get from Sunnyside to City Hall (by which point the issues were resolved; although I did see a 201 get given the wrong signal. Luckily the op was paying attention and didn't proceed.) Screwed things up going the other way too, about a 25 minute gap in service at Sunnyside NB. I heard there were problems at City Hall yesterday too.

I saw a 2-car consist at Crowfoot around 1:40pm, could it be related?

Maybe, although the problems were earlier in the day. A car from that train could have just been taken out of service somewhere else for whatever reason.

I guess some guy decided to surf on the coupler and fell off, lost some of his legs or somthing....idiot

:)

There were so many delays today it wasn't even funny. This evening, there were mechanical problems at City Hall. My IB train got stuck at Sunnyside for 10 minutes, and then between 5th and 4th St for about 8 minutes. It took approximately 45 minutes to get from Sunnyside to City Hall (by which point the issues were resolved; although I did see a 201 get given the wrong signal. Luckily the op was paying attention and didn't proceed.) Screwed things up going the other way too, about a 25 minute gap in service at Sunnyside NB. I heard there were problems at City Hall yesterday too.

A 202 "dumped" (ran a red light and the train shuts down.......BAD!) at signal 03A (3rd street east) and was in the switches, the interlocking shuts down when that happens, that means no train can go anywhere, no east, south or west train movents on the avenue, not to mention the buses that get stuck behind the trains. Switches need to be put in manual before the efected train can proceed. The supervisor was stuck in traffic, he was on the far west side of the avenue. Delays were massive downtown, and around the whole city because of that incedint. Some trains were delayed 40 minutes.

I guess some guy decided to surf on the coupler and fell off, lost some of his legs or somthing....idiot

A 202 "dumped" (ran a red light and the train shuts down.......BAD!) at signal 03A (3rd street east) and was in the switches, the interlocking shuts down when that happens, that means no train can go anywhere, no east, south or west train movents on the avenue, not to mention the buses that get stuck behind the trains. Switches need to be put in manual before the efected train can proceed. The supervisor was stuck in traffic, he was on the far west side of the avenue. Delays were massive downtown, and around the whole city because of that incedint. Some trains were delayed 40 minutes.

I heard that he fell off at 39th Ave, not the station but the road. The train carried on and the person was spotted by a south bound train. I have also heard both that he lost and didnt loose his legs, so for now I will wait and see. One fact that is constant in the stories I am hearing is that this person was drunk.

Also heard about the dump, everyone agreed it couldnt happen in a worse place.

Sounds like a disc-brake fire.
Turns out it was similar - the "heating unit" caught fire. Wonder if it was an SD or a U2.
At approximately 1 AM the Calgary Fire Department responded to a report of smoke on an LRT Train located at Centre Street and 7 Avenue South. On arrival, the Engine Company Commander confirmed that the Light Rail Vehicle had the pantograph down and the power was disconnected. Fire crews received reports that smoke was coming from the on board cabin heating unit. 6 riders were evacuated from the vehicle by the Transit Operator, and Fire crews checked the car for hot spots with the aid of a thermal imaging camera. The problem was narrowed down to the heating unit. Calgary Transit crews examined and isolated the system then determined that the Train was safe for movement to their maintenance facility. Riders and Transit Operator were examined by EMS and released on scene. Service interruption was minimal and no injuries occurred during the incident. There is no estimate of damage at this time.

Turns out it was similar - the "heating unit" caught fire. Wonder if it was an SD or a U2.

There was a train yesterday with an issue, the main breaker popped and a smell of smoke or somthing burning was mentioned by the operator. Control said it was dust in the heater, but the operator said it was more of an issue. Not sure what happened after that...

Very commen to hear about the cab heater burning out, and wipper motor burning out, that causes some smoke but typicaly minor

Some not-so-small delays for IB trains at the tailend of rush hour tonight. I heard it was a door problem at City Hall on a NB 201? Not entirely sure.

EDIT:

11:00 PM Oct 19. CalgaryTransit on twitter:

Due to mechanical problems, we are experiencing approximately 30 delay minutes delay on 201 line.

New concrete and probably track at 25th Ave SW crossing. While I can't say for sure why they did it, trains did seem to "grind" while moving through the intersection.

And from this morning:

On Monday, October 24th, 2011 at approximately 0542 hours, there was a collision between a C-Train and a pedestrian that resulted in serious injuries in the 600 block of Memorial Drive N.E.

A westbound C-Train was heading towards the downtown core from the Bridgeland L.R.T. Station. As it began its ascent of the Henry Kroeger Bridge in the 600 block of Memorial Drive N.E., it struck a 22 year old male pedestrian that was lying between the inbound and outbound tracks. The C-Train came to a stop approximately 150 meters past the area of impact.

The pedestrian is currently listed in critical condition in hospital as a result of injuries sustained in the collision. The driver of the C-Train was not injured.

The Calgary Police Service Traffic Section is investigating the incident. Alcohol on behalf of the pedestrian appears to be a factor in the collision.

YsFbJ.jpg

dVbGv.jpg

There's something kinda interesting, and that is worth noting, in the second pic, but I'll leave that to someone else to point out.

There's something kinda interesting, and that is worth noting, in the second pic, but I'll leave that to someone else to point out.

I'm sorry don't see it

This was a sucide attempt. I'm allmost 98.9% certain the drunk homless guy died.

I'm sorry don't see it

This was a sucide attempt. I'm allmost 98.9% certain the drunk homless guy died.

I know it's been brought up here before, and that's why I mentioned it. I'm referring to the gap in barrier between the road and the train tracks there. Now, I realize you could easily hop the barrier anyway, and you have to wander across several lanes of fast moving traffic, but judging by where the train is stopped and by where all the crew are standing, it looks like that's roughly where the man entered the tracks and was hit. I know there are a lot of other places you could easily gain access to the tracks, and that this man could have been hit by a train in another way, but I thought it was an interesting distinction (since it's been brought up here before).

That's a rough area (though getting better). It's a shame he died. :lol:

Tallis, Remember that the image shows where the train came to a stop roughly a 150 meters past the point of collision.... So that gap would more than likely not be the place where this person entered the right of way.

Edit: Wait a minute here, am I looking at the tail end of the train or the front? If that is the tail end of the train, then ignore what I said! :lol:

Edited by BCT-3122-D800-10240

Tallis, Remember that the image shows where the train came to a stop roughly a 150 meters past the point of collision.... So that gap would more than likely not be the place where this person entered the right of way.

Edit: Wait a minute here, am I looking at the tail end of the train or the front? If that is the tail end of the train, then ignore what I said! :lol:

Yeah, I don't want to be the guy on here claiming this is what happened, because I honestly don't know. He could have gotten there a different way. It's just speculation that really will end up going nowhere, so I'm going to drop this (and probably shouldn't have brought it up in the first place).