exo/contractor bus sightings (was: CIT Sightings)

Disney? Never, they only have 2000 to 2002 Novas. :huh:

Anyways, I'll see if it gives me an idea...

Anyway, in the CIT roster list, 375 and 376 are marked as ex-Disneys, so I kinda figured 374 is one too. So, if ever someone catches those buses, try and get a look at VINs, that'll tell us where these buses came from.

Anyway, in the CIT roster list, 375 and 376 are marked as ex-Disneys, so I kinda figured 374 is one too. So, if ever someone catches those buses, try and get a look at VINs, that'll tell us where these buses came from.

I've just removed 5 mins. ago "Ex-Disney Transport" to "Ex-?"

From earlier in the thread:

We now have an answer to this question.. they're both ex-Walt Disney units built in 2000 IIRC..

Also, CITVR classic 663301 is retired and scrapped at Capital Bus Parts in St-Romuald, Qc.

I wonder why Transdev Limocar uses the 9 suffix. Perhaps they indeed are 1999s.

I've just removed 5 mins. ago "Ex-Disney Transport" to "Ex-?"

They are ex-Walt Disney. A few of us were at the garage and got pics and ask the guy in charge of the CITVR garage too. He confirmed that they are ex-Disney LFS's. I'd undo that edit you did to the wiki and put back ex-Walt Disney if I were you.

They are ex-Walt Disney. A few of us were at the garage and got pics and ask the guy in charge of the CITVR garage too. He confirmed that they are ex-Disney LFS's. I'd undo that edit you did to the wiki and put back ex-Walt Disney if I were you.

Ah well, it has already been undo by someone else.

Just started the MRC Les Moulins wiki page. Some questions: Are all the Vs from 2002 and in transit configuration? Were there ever 29109 and 29110? What year are 29220-29226? Does anyone have a list of past buses used? Please correct anything I have missed.

Also an issue with naming on the wiki:

Do the MRC and Ville de __ systems have any official names like the RTCR (L'Assomption)? Would Transport en commune de la municipalité régionale de comté Les Moulins be appropriate for Les Moulins page? Would that work for the others?

Thanks

Edit: just finished Sainte-Julie. Veolia lists it as OMIT Sainte-Julie. Is it correct?

Just started the MRC Les Moulins wiki page. Some questions: Are all the Vs from 2002 and in transit configuration? Were there ever 29109 and 29110? What year are 29220-29226? Does anyone have a list of past buses used? Please correct anything I have missed.

Do the MRC and Ville de __ systems have any official names like the RTCR (L'Assomption)? Would Transport en commune de la municipalité régionale de comté Les Moulins be appropriate for Les Moulins page? Would that work for the others?

Thanks

Edit: just finished Sainte-Julie. Veolia lists it as OMIT Sainte-Julie. Is it correct?

I'll answer the namings for now.

Back in 2002, all the OMITs used to be named as OMITs. Then there was a vast renaming to Ville de ....

The Wiki should name those systems as "Ville de Sainte-Julie" and "Ville de Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu"

The MRC Systems (there are only 2) should be listed as such. "MRC Les Moulins" and "MRC L'Assomption". RTCR is just a marketing name. Like OC Transpo, the Wiki is named "Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission"

Alex

Thanks

I think the first 20 Vs are 2002 and the rest are 2004s. I believe 29220 to 29223 are 2008s and 29224 to 29226 are 2009s. For the naming, Transport en commun de la municipalité régionale de comté des Moulins should be OK, not commune. OMIT Sainte-Julie is correct. RTCR's newest arrivals are 29227 to 29229 at least and they are 3rd gen LFSs.

Here is a photo of CITVR 374309, rear shot only:

CITVR_374309rear.JPG

A work colleague's wife is a driver at Groupe Orléans, Terrebonne division, I'll ask him if he can get her to pick up a fleet roster.

I think the first 20 Vs are 2002 and the rest are 2004s. I believe 29220 to 29223 are 2008s and 29224 to 29226 are 2009s. For the naming, Transport en commun de la municipalité régionale de comté des Moulins should be OK, not commune. OMIT Sainte-Julie is correct. RTCR's newest arrivals are 29227 to 29229 at least and they are 3rd gen LFSs.

CITVR_374309rear.JPG

A work colleague's wife is a driver at Groupe Orléans, Terrebonne division, I'll ask him if he can get her to pick up a fleet roster.

Nice, but seriously, that thing looks more like from another transit system than Disney! Anyway...

Nice, but seriously, that thing looks more like from another transit system than Disney! Anyway...

Umm, that's the first time I see 374 though.. I know 375 and 376 are ex-Disney as they have all white side skirts alla Disney LFS's.. This unit seems to have black skirts!

Here's a picture of 375:

http://stevestransitsite.fotopic.net/p62252877.html

Umm, that's the first time I see 374 though.. I know 375 and 376 are ex-Disney as they have all white side skirts alla Disney LFS's.. This unit seems to have black skirts!

Here's a picture of 375:

http://stevestransitsite.fotopic.net/p62252877.html

Compare your photo with this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apta_2050/2661183007/sizes/o/

Same specs! And the ^ Durham one ^ is an ex-Philadelphia International Airport! Maybe they're from the same transit system!

Compare your photo with this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apta_2050/2661183007/sizes/o/

Same specs! And the ^ Durham one ^ is an ex-Philadelphia International Airport! Maybe they're from the same transit system!

Yes but you're forgetting the fact that the gentleman incharge of the CITVR garage told us that he picked up 375 and 376 from Walt Disney in Florida.

I'll answer the namings for now.

Back in 2002, all the OMITs used to be named as OMITs. Then there was a vast renaming to Ville de ....

The Wiki should name those systems as "Ville de Sainte-Julie" and "Ville de Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu"

The MRC Systems (there are only 2) should be listed as such. "MRC Les Moulins" and "MRC L'Assomption". RTCR is just a marketing name. Like OC Transpo, the Wiki is named "Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission"

Alex

Thanks for the help. With the wiki naming conventions not allowing abreviations, should MRC be Municipalité régionale de comté? For example a page would be called "Municipalité régionale de comté Les Moulins".

Also what about MRC D'Autray, MRC de Joliette, MRC de Montcalm, and MRC Matawinie?

CITVR_374309rear.JPG

Thanks for the help. Changes made. If you can obtain a roster that would be great too.

Thanks again to both of you.

Thanks for the help. With the wiki naming conventions not allowing abreviations, should MRC be Municipalité régionale de comté? For example a page would be called "Municipalité régionale de comté Les Moulins".

Also what about MRC D'Autray, MRC de Joliette, MRC de Montcalm, and MRC Matawinie?

Municipalité régionale de comté Les Moulins would be the best if the Wiki doesn't allow abbreviations.

MRC D'Autray, MRC de Joliette, MRC de Montcalm, and MRC Matawinie all organize their service under CRT Lanaudiere if I'm not mistaken. As they're quite far outside of Montreal, I don't follow them to closely as I do for other suburban transit authorities.

Alex