STM 28-XXX buses are here!

stm_5307N

Remember this post I did almost 2 months ago ^^^^^

Looks like its pretty much on target.. so expect the last batch of 28's to be at Lasalle shortly.

Right on Steve! As proven by Pyerre, delivery has begun two days in advance!

We have Faradays in all our HF and in the LFS. I don't mind the new electronic one that we have in the majority of the fleet. Although the bell on the Newest inveros 4440-4526 have an annoying bell. Its just like a long tone and lower pitched version of your guys new LFS bell. I've also noticed that the newer the bus, the quieter the bell is! On the two hybrids, you can BARELY hear the bell and it stop requested sign is placed almost hidden! I will try to get a recording our version of the annoying bell :unsure:

I thought so... It was strange to see so many new LFS's going to SL garage when LA was suppose to get some. I think LA got 28-105+ , but we'll see in due time.

SL is the closest to St. Eustache so if there is a rate-per-KM, this would be the cheapest way. Just a theory...or maybe SMS knows a little about this more he can share?

28-084 as Hors-Service around LaSalle today.

28-108 on route 110 today.

28-109, 28-110 and 28-111 inside LaSalle garage today too.

Hey pyerre! I think i saw u earlier this week on the 106 (or only FORMATION) going WB Newman/Lapierre on a 22 series as FORMATION. It was a female driver, she went very quickly through the green light, then i saw her braking alot once she went through. She was possibly in her mid 40s..

Hey pyerre! I think i saw u earlier this week on the 106 (or only FORMATION) going WB Newman/Lapierre on a 22 series as FORMATION. It was a female driver, she went very quickly through the green light, then i saw her braking alot once she went through. She was possibly in her mid 40s..

But Pyerre is a man, not a woman... :P

We have Faradays in all our HF and in the LFS. I don't mind the new electronic one that we have in the majority of the fleet. Although the bell on the Newest inveros 4440-4526 have an annoying bell. Its just like a long tone and lower pitched version of your guys new LFS bell. I've also noticed that the newer the bus, the quieter the bell is! On the two hybrids, you can BARELY hear the bell and it stop requested sign is placed almost hidden! I will try to get a recording our version of the annoying bell :P

Our RTSs have the same electronic bell that the older Inveros and your D60LFs have.

I hate the stop request sign, though. Unless it's night time, you can't tell whether or not it's on.

28-093 on 215 today. My non accessible run today on the 215 was 27-521.

Passed Garage St Laurent 30 mins ago. Here is what is on the Guenette side:

28-118, 120, 121, 122

Here is what is on the Bois-Franc side:

28-112, 114, 115, 116

New 28 Watch

11 / 07 / 08

-Anjou's 28-083 on the 124 at Metro Plomondon.

-28-092 on the 164 at Metro Henri-Bourassa.

-28-094 on the 128 at Metro Cote-Vertu.

-28-085 Hors-Service and laying over at Metro Cote-Vertu.

-28-086 on the 121 at Metro Cote-Vertu. Rode it to Metro Sauve. I'm not too particular about those new stop request beepers. One can only assume that some passengers and St. Laurent drivers are not big fans of them.

*All of the above sightings from 28-092 onward shared by Matt Demers and I.

New 28 Watch

11 / 07 / 08

-28-092 on the 164 at Metro Henri-Bourassa.

-28-094 on the 128 at Metro Cote-Vertu.

-28-085 Hors-Service and laying over at Metro Cote-Vertu.

-28-086 on the 121 at Metro Cote-Vertu. Rode it to Metro Sauve. I'm not too particular about those new stop request beepers. One can only assume that some passengers and St. Laurent drivers are not big fans of them.

*All of the above sightings shared by Matt Demers and I.

The new beeping noise is not annoying (yet), but all I can say for now it sure is an attention grabber. Whatever you were looking at and someone ringed, you would end up looking towards the front!

Let's see if a few rides after if it gets annoying for me.

The new beeping noise is not annoying (yet), but all I can say for now it sure is an attention grabber. Whatever you were looking at and someone ringed, you would end up looking towards the front!

Let's see if a few rides after if it gets annoying for me.

I was annoyed the second time I heard it, and confirmed that what I just heard was the bell. To be honest, the first time I heard it, I thought something was wrong with the bus.

There is no way that they can keep ordering like this, it is just ridiculous and it is almost cruel to passengers and drivers.

As those of you who have tortured themselves on one of these new buses knows, no one likes the hell bells, and they are quite distracting, not a pleasent relaxing bus ride at all.

I thought I hated the loud back doors of the 25-27-0XX series, but this now tops the list.

[OT: They are digitizing the dou-dou-dou for the MR-08's, just so that it is played since people are so used to it? Where did you read it? If needed respond in MR-08 thread]

I was annoyed the second time I heard it, and confirmed that what I just heard was the bell. To be honest, the first time I heard it, I thought something was wrong with the bus.

There is no way that they can keep ordering like this, it is just ridiculous and it is almost cruel to passengers and drivers.

As those of you who have tortured themselves on one of these new buses knows, no one likes the hell bells, and they are quite distracting, not a pleasent relaxing bus ride at all.

I thought I hated the loud back doors of the 25-27-0XX series, but this now tops the list.

[OT: They are digitizing the dou-dou-dou for the MR-08's, just so that it is played since people are so used to it? Where did you read it? If needed respond in MR-08 thread]

Any videos on YouTube of this new stop request chime? I can't find any.

Well I missed my 215 featuring 14-128 by seconds so I was really livid but I just sat down in my old school STCUM shelter and cooled off for 15 mins. I guess God had a plan for me today because 28-086 showed up and anyway this has the new bell and get this, I don't hate it! I don't find it to be all bad at all. Frankly it was time for the Faradays to shut up and for us to join the 21st century and really all people have to do is look at the Arret Demande sign instead of perking up their ears all the time, and if they want to hear it then they damn well better pay attention. I think that this new system is done for the luxury of the drivers so that they hear it more than the passengers but it is perceivable for the blind and certainly the arret demande signs do their job for the deaf. I spoke to the driver before getting off and he had a favourable opinion of new buses and the new bell. He also said the bell can be turned off. I took the opportunity to look at the VIN and this is a NOV 2008 batch, so again these buses are very new.

As we passed CT St-Laurent, I noted the following buses but it was very difficult:

28-091 on Thimens side

28-117, 116, 115, 113, 114, 112 all on the Bois-Franc side, all appear to be plated to me and ready to roll!

28-104, 105, 119, 121, 120 and possibly others still on the Thimens side, most likely all plastic removed from the front. Get ready to see these hit the road soon.

At Cote-Vertu:

28-092 on 170

28-103 on 268

Well I missed my 215 featuring 14-128 by seconds so I was really livid but I just sat down in my old school STCUM shelter and cooled off for 15 mins. I guess God had a plan for me today because 28-086 showed up and anyway this has the new bell and get this, I don't hate it! I don't find it to be all bad at all. Frankly it was time for the Faradays to shut up and for us to join the 21st century and really all people have to do is look at the Arret Demande sign instead of perking up their ears all the time, and if they want to hear it then they damn well better pay attention. I think that this new system is done for the luxury of the drivers so that they hear it more than the passengers but it is perceivable for the blind and certainly the arret demande signs do their job for the deaf. I spoke to the driver before getting off and he had a favourable opinion of new buses and the new bell. He also said the bell can be turned off. I took the opportunity to look at the VIN and this is a NOV 2008 batch, so again these buses are very new.

As we passed CT St-Laurent, I noted the following buses but it was very difficult:

28-091 on Thimens side

28-117, 116, 115, 113, 114, 112 all on the Bois-Franc side, all appear to be plated to me and ready to roll!

28-104, 105, 119, 121, 120 and possibly others still on the Thimens side, most likely all plastic removed from the front. Get ready to see these hit the road soon.

At Cote-Vertu:

28-092 on 170

28-103 on 268

And many drivers are turning them off.

It definitely isn't a luxury at all, especially since so many people hate them. And it is quite stupid to have it just for the drivers, they don't need to hear it more, they don't need to hear it at all, they have their favourite flashing dashboard reminding them.

In my opinion the only 21st century chime that is okay is the one on our D60LFs and early Inveros. It seems OC is sticking to it as the new D60LFs have it once again. STO's RTS has those chimes too but they only have one in the front so you can't hear it when your in the back.