York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

well back with me 333 tranny thing

i think it's just an older build of the voith 4 speed and the 4th gear kicks in at 80km/h but don't quote me on that.

can anyone help with these 3 things:

1. on any vanhool when you make any turn greater or equivalent to 90 degrees there's this weird high pitched whine that comes once during the turn and again after you are straightening out... i've been trying to figure it out for a while with no success..

2. there's the chuff chuff noise, especially evident on the AG300'S is that the waste gate releasing the excess turbo pressure?

and finally

3. do the nova's have a retarder that turns on once you let go of the accelerator or is it break activated?

1. no clue....

2. I believe so, but not 100% on it....

3. yes, the retarder is on the accelerator...

I was at Finch yesterday and noticed that the schedule for the 77 has been revised, it seems like YRT reduced the number of trips- can anyone confirm? (trying to find a copy of the old schedule to compare)

Maybe "revised schedule to better reflect acutal travel times" is YRT's new way of saying trip reductions.

I was at Finch yesterday and noticed that the schedule for the 77 has been revised, it seems like YRT reduced the number of trips- can anyone confirm? (trying to find a copy of the old schedule to compare)

Maybe "revised schedule to better reflect acutal travel times" is YRT's new way of saying trip reductions.

You can always check the schedules on the website and compare them.

I believe its because the trips now take longer and the frequency is adjusted to trip times which means it shows less trips as the buses require more time to get from Hwy 50 to Finch

i think i have so solution to the 90 destination sign problem for the luminator horizon's

well i think... anyway

i was on 575 today and it was comming down from the green with 585 runnning in tandem due to the summer school dismissal an extra bus was added

and 575 had the normal 90 leslie to don mills station along with a p/r that said moving york 585 didn't and had the origninal problem

could it be as simple as adding a p/r sign solve this issue temporarily?

or we could go back to the classic 2 lined one slide display for 90...

You have to wait 24 hours after you register before you can request a conversion to non-adult fares.

EDIT: I should make that clearer. You CAN request a conversion immediately once you registered, but the conversion itself happens 24 hours after you register and request it.

Aaand PRESTO is working...everything's working from there now.

Except for Enterprise WB vivastation (not in service), who's the genius that set that up...

Does anyone know about monthly pass support/loyalty program? I know 32 rides gives you the tax credit, but there's nothing on 'free rides after so-and-so rides' that I've seen anywhere.

Aaand PRESTO is working...everything's working from there now.

Except for Enterprise WB vivastation (not in service), who's the genius that set that up...

Does anyone know about monthly pass support/loyalty program? I know 32 rides gives you the tax credit, but there's nothing on 'free rides after so-and-so rides' that I've seen anywhere.

All trips will be charged as $2.60 for the time being

Update:

Just got my card at 1:45, card 32 of the launch. For those who are planning on getting one, be prepared to wait in line. When your done registering you receive a water pack and a pen.

All trips will be charged as $2.60 for the time being

Update:

Just got my card at 1:45, card 32 of the launch. For those who are planning on getting one, be prepared to wait in line. When your done registering you receive a water pack and a pen.

Got mines at 4pm and I think it's card 607 as it's the 3 digit number at the back right before the expiration date.

I didn't have to wait in line; in fact, there were several personnel there waiting to serve someone.

You get a YRT/VIVA plastic water bottle with a YRT/VIVA pen in orange along with a paper card holder, a PRESTO info card, and a bunch of PRESTO infomation pramplets.

Got mines at 4pm and I think it's card 607 as it's the 3 digit number at the back right before the expiration date.

I didn't have to wait in line; in fact, there were several personnel there waiting to serve someone.

You get a YRT/VIVA plastic water bottle with a YRT/VIVA pen in orange along with a paper card holder, a PRESTO info card, and a bunch of PRESTO infomation pramplets.

Going to go over tomorrow, that makes me feel better that I will get in the 5000 limit. :)

When I was registering my card, in my mind I was thinking about how much better Guangzhou's and Shanghai's cards are let alone the Octopus card.

we;ll i haven't used those.. but they've been around for a while so maybe.. just maybe presto will evolve into something as awesome as that :)