2001 D40LF retirement

Blake M

21 hours ago, Danielmuscleguy said:

Hi Nick Shuttle busses are bouncy and bumpy Calgary Transit will be ordered new shuttle busses Electric Grande West Vicinity CNG and Electric busses this fall Novas will be replacing the 7700's series 

Are you a bot?

2 hours ago, PartiallySD said:

Maybe we could strap 2 ARBOCS in a consist, Soviet Bloc style. Boom, artic shortage solved.

I mean, if married-pair railcars exist, what’s stopping anyone from making married-pair buses?

Maybe that’s why CT hasn’t procured any artics lately, they’re still waiting for the debut of the new Arboc SOF27+27 “Twin Freedom”.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, JK-from-YYC said:

I mean, if married-pair railcars exist, what’s stopping anyone from making married-pair buses?

Maybe that’s why CT hasn’t procured any artics lately, they’re still waiting for the debut of the new Arboc SOF27+27 “Twin Freedom”.

Hey, we’re Calgary Transit! We don’t wait for NFI to solve our problems! 

plus, why wait for Arboc to debut the twin freedom when this image has been sitting in a dusty file cabinet in Spring Gardens since 2018?

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 7:00 PM, PartiallySD said:

Hey, we’re Calgary Transit! We don’t wait for NFI to solve our problems! 

plus, why wait for Arboc to debut the twin freedom when this image has been sitting in a dusty file cabinet in Spring Gardens since 2018?

They should be coupled back to back so that the customers can move between vehicles through the rear door. Also the operator can just switch cabs at the end of the route.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

If the 7700’s transferred to Stoney have indeed seen their last kilometre, then keep an eye out for the following MIA units: 7722, 7742, 7743, 7759, 7763, 7764, 7779. Also look for 7723, as that bus was spotted at Anderson and ran on October 18 but hasn’t been active anywhere since.

Edited by JK-from-YYC

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, PartiallySD said:

I’ll take “Unpopular Opinions” for 200, Alex

To be fair, from what I’ve heard about and observed on several 01’s, many units haven’t got a lot of power and have acquired a rather unhealthy engine note. I can’t really comment any further than that because I don’t work for CT and don’t have exact stats about their reliability, but I will say the 7600’s did not need their engines rebuilt when they were only 6 years old…

6 minutes ago, JK-from-YYC said:

To be fair, from what I’ve heard about and observed on several 01’s, many units haven’t got a lot of power and have acquired a rather unhealthy engine note. I can’t really comment any further than that because I don’t work for CT and don’t have exact stats about their reliability, but I will say the 7600’s did not need their engines rebuilt when they were only 6 years old…

"many units haven’t got a lot of power" huh?  You sure you aren't talking about 7921-7962?

• Haha 4