8176-8183 "Airporters"

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Are the racks only on 1 side? (ie, are there more racks opposite the one in the pic?)

Negative. Just the one side which is why I took that angle. Also, someone was sitting on the other side of the bus that may not have wanted to be in the image. With this setup, I believe there will be only one wheelchair position available on these 5 buses. They can't loose that one remaining wheelchair position to have more luggage racks and I also believe this will be enough luggage space for most trips.

Negative. Just the one side which is why I took that angle. Also, someone was sitting on the other side of the bus that may not have wanted to be in the image. With this setup, I believe there will be only one wheelchair position available on these 5 buses. They can't loose that one remaining wheelchair position to have more luggage racks and I also believe this will be enough luggage space for most trips.

Its should be enough space, the only people that ride the Airport service are employee's

I love how CT uses Insight seats for the very back row, but Metropolitan seats elsewhere... o.O It looks odd like that.

I believe CT did not really have a choice here. Nova uses a moulded seat assembly on top of the engine, and it's always the same style regardless of the seat model the operator selects for the rest of the bus.

I believe CT did not really have a choice here. Nova uses a moulded seat assembly on top of the engine, and it's always the same style regardless of the seat model the operator selects for the rest of the bus.

Well if that's the case... CT should've went with Insight, just to match with the rear row. :)

Well if that's the case... CT should've went with Insight, just to match with the rear row. :)

You are aware that CT uses American Seating in every single low floor bus (except for 3 USSC units) right?

So it would make no sense to switch to another company for the sake of matching 5 seats per bus.

Insight is by American Seating though...

It is indeed, but it is not the same American Seating model that CT has been using for a while now. I am not sure you can get the Insight with the metal backs and handles though? This is something that CT has been getting since 2006 now.

Do people like tourists ever use these buses to get to hotels or is it usually just airport workers and people that live here that need to take a flight?

8180 has been on the same rte 300 for 3 days in a row now!

I wouldn't be surprised if it did that route indefinitely. No point having luggage racks doing the 3 or anything like that.

Do people like tourists ever use these buses to get to hotels or is it usually just airport workers and people that live here that need to take a flight?

I wouldn't be surprised if it did that route indefinitely. No point having luggage racks doing the 3 or anything like that.

Same route 300 in reference to the same key number.

As others gave said yes tourtists do use this service.

Well, there are supposed to be 4 other Nova's (8176-8179) with the luggage racks besides 8180. But what I was getting at was that 8180 was on the same route 300 key 141, 3 days in a row this week. It was on the same one yet again today.

Has anyone seen any of the 8176-8179 on any other route 300 key besides the one I have been posting about?

You really need to read the other posts as I already answered that question, and yes some were tourists.

8176 was also on the 300 today.

As noted above 8180 now has the luggage racks, when I photographed it recently it still had seats there.

When I drove the 300 there were lots of people with luggage, also had flight crew.

Well, there are supposed to be 4 other Nova's (8176-8179) with the luggage racks besides 8180. But what I was getting at was that 8180 was on the same route 300 key 141, 3 days in a row this week. It was on the same one yet again today.

Has anyone seen any of the 8176-8179 on any other route 300 key besides the one I have been posting about?

Seen 8176 on the 300 too.

• 2 months later...