TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Had my interview today, hour and a half long just like someone else posted. I thought it went well, 2-3 weeks to hear back from them.

Regarding parking, interesting to note that the interview email said there is no parking on-site. So I arrived with plenty of time to see the neighbourhood and found out right away there's paid parking across the street or right next to the building for $7 bucks maximum rate.

Had my interview today, hour and a half long just like someone else posted. I thought it went well, 2-3 weeks to hear back from them.

Regarding parking, interesting to note that the interview email said there is no parking on-site. So I arrived with plenty of time to see the neighbourhood and found out right away there's paid parking across the street or right next to the building for $7 bucks maximum rate.

In regards to parking...I believe the no parking that the email is referring to is on TTC property. Of coarse you can park anywhere else as it stops becoming TTC concern. BTW I believe you're referring to the school parking where I had also parked my car.

Goodluck during the waiting period. Its honestly the toughest waiting period throughout the whole process.

Thank you!

2 - 3 week wait to know the outcome of the interview is not that bad. If I pass that, then I'd feel good to wait even longer for the next steps.

Yes, across the street is the George Brown campus parking, but the one next to the TTC building is closer and a dollar cheaper.

Big congratulations!.

So, the way it seems to work 3 weeks after the interview is: if you don't pass it, they send you an emai letting you know. If you do, they send you an email or call you to come in for documentation. After documentation they would send you for a medical, a police certificate and check your references.

Am I correct?

Big congratulations!.

So, the way it seems to work 3 weeks after the interview is: if you don't pass it, they send you an emai letting you know. If you do, they send you an email or call you to come in for documentation. After documentation they would send you for a medical, a police certificate and check your references.

Am I correct?

After you get the congratulatory phone call they will make a date for you to come in for a "conditional offer signing". Documentation and training dates comes after your medical and references and police clearances have been satisfactory by the TTC. This process can take another 2-3 months

TTC will provide all the uniforms on the first day of trainning ,right ? or after we passed test.

You could wait months till after your training is finished to receive all your uniforms. Well for certain things anyways. The jackets are very quick but I waited almost a month for pants and for a pretty regular size. You will have to visit three different places for sizing of different pieces and not at the most convenient locations.

Good morning!.

So, if I'm not mistaken, if you pass the interview, you receive a congratulatory phone call... And if you don't, it's a generic thank you very much email?

I believe you were told you will find out in 2-3 weeks if you have passed the interview by receiving a congratulatory phone call. If you have not received a phone call during that time frame than you might receive a letter from what I have read from members in this discussion board. As I said before this is the toughest wait period. Its honestly do or die. Just stay positive and hope for the best.

Alot of older operators are waiting till the next contract is negotiated which is next year before they take their retirement.

I know of at least 45 ppl, in that position, some are at QSY, birch, MTD, Malvern, Russell, Roncy, Wilson sub..

The new contract process is looking from the inside to be a messy affair.

These is still alot floating around some divisions right now. I am told Queensway has never had this many trainees before!

my friends are going nuts, my bff, has had ppl on his run, several times in the last few months, before he was lucky if he got 1 a year.

Got my documentation date! It will be on this Thursday, and my training is tentatively scheduled to start on January 20th, 2014. I will share with you which division and mode of transportation I will get assigned to.

Hey Bud, I also have received my training date for the 20th. See you then