TTC Application Process

ericgu22

I do have a good question for us waiting for our confirmed interview.

What happens after training?.. They take you to the Ministry of Transportation with the bus and if you pass the road test then you start working right away?

Thx in advance for your input.

I'm a little out of touch, but for the longest time, (decades), the MTO trained and authorized at least two of the TTC Instructors so they could do final road tests wherever/whenever they needed to.

and actually grant licenses (same powers as MTO examiners)

Have the TTC down away with this practice? and they now make you actually go to MTO?

I'm a little out of touch, but for the longest time, (decades), the MTO trained and authorized at least two of the TTC Instructors so they could do final road tests wherever/whenever they needed to.

and actually grant licenses (same powers as MTO examiners)

Have the TTC down away with this practice? and they now make you actually go to MTO?

The other day I went to renew my license at the MTO in Downsview, I saw the TTC people arrive in a bus with the examinees.

They might have instructors with Signing Authority, but the trainee would still have to go to the MTO for eye tests, and to hand in the completed tests.

They might have instructors with Signing Authority, but the trainee would still have to go to the MTO for eye tests, and to hand in the completed tests.

Incorrect instructors also admin the eye tests and hand in the completed tests. Trainees travel in a group on a bus to the MTO just to switch license over to CZ.

I participated in info session last 29th Oct, and am waiting for the next step. They explained that we could receive the results through e-mail within 2months. I am wondering if there is no more phone interview?

With almost whole forum opinion read, I found that phone interview existed until last year.

Has the procedure changed this year?

I appreciate your information and experience.

I participated in info session last 29th Oct, and am waiting for the next step. They explained that we could receive the results through e-mail within 2months. I am wondering if thers is no more phone interview?

With almost whole forum opinion read, I found that phone interview existed until last year.

Has the procedure changed this year?

I appreciate your information and experience.

No they don't do phone interviews any longer. After your information session you will receive an email letting you know if you have moved on to the next step which is your in person interview.

Got my police clearance letter today. It has taken less than 3 weeks. I guess the TTC gets a preferential treatment from the TPS because they are both municipal agencies. The same clearance letter that I requested for the provincial corrections took over 3 months!

Anyway, I have been informed by my recruiter that my reference has proved to be satisfactory and she is just waiting for the Ministry of Transportation to approve my medical. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the ministry to approve the medical? Also, does anyone know if there is any training class starting in January?

Thanks

Got my police clearance letter today. It has taken less than 3 weeks. I guess the TTC gets a preferential treatment from the TPS because they are both municipal agencies. The same clearance letter that I requested for the provincial corrections took over 3 months!

Anyway, I have been informed by my recruiter that my reference has proved to be satisfactory and she is just waiting for the Ministry of Transportation to approve my medical. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the ministry to approve the medical? Also, does anyone know if there is any training class starting in January?

Thanks

The medical is the last piece of the puzzle before going in for documentation, as that is the day you get assigned the division, type of mobile you will be working out of and of course your training start date. Because medicals vary in time delays, this is when the TTC gets to select the group they want at their own disclosure. When I went for documentation I had a few guys who did their medical 3 months prior to mine so it's all a waiting game from there.

The medical is the last piece of the puzzle before going in for documentation, as that is the day you get assigned the division, type of mobile you will be working out of and of course your training start date. Because medicals vary in time delays, this is when the TTC gets to select the group they want at their own disclosure. When I went for documentation I had a few guys who did their medical 3 months prior to mine so it's all a waiting game from there.

I see. Thank you for answering my question, Nokia. How's your work? I spoke to one operator working out of the Russell division and he told me that street car is by far the most difficult mode of transportation. According to him, it's basically..... street car>>>>>>subway>bus. Do you agree with his statement?

I see. Thank you for answering my question, Nokia. How's your work? I spoke to one operator working out of the Russell division and he told me that street car is by far the most difficult mode of transportation. According to him, it's basically..... street car>>>>>>subway>bus. Do you agree with his statement?

I'm working out of Malvern division with Hulk and I think it's a great division with decent routes. I've said to myself that I wanted to be assigned streetcar because it seems like fun and I would get to experience the new streetcars being rolled out in the next year or so but after driving a bus you come to realize that you have such more control over your vehicle and overall it makes you a much better driver.

Training really opens your eyes in terms of watching your surrounding areas for sudden movements, during training you start to drive your car like a bus because your in the mind-frame. If it wasn't for people committing suicides in subway stations I would have picked Subway as my #1 only because you are confined to your own small space without interacting with anyone, you don't have to deal with traffic and most importantly you don't work past 2am!!!!

Hope you do great and let us know which division you get, sorry to hear about the news dark_fury, just apply again next year and you will be fine.

I'm working out of Malvern division with Hulk and I think it's a great division with decent routes. I've said to myself that I wanted to be assigned streetcar because it seems like fun and I would get to experience the new streetcars being rolled out in the next year or so but after driving a bus you come to realize that you have such more control over your vehicle and overall it makes you a much better driver.

Training really opens your eyes in terms of watching your surrounding areas for sudden movements, during training you start to drive your car like a bus because your in the mind-frame. If it wasn't for people committing suicides in subway stations I would have picked Subway as my #1 only because you are confined to your own small space without interacting with anyone, you don't have to deal with traffic and most importantly you don't work past 2am!!!!

Hope you do great and let us know which division you get, sorry to hear about the news dark_fury, just apply again next year and you will be fine.

Will do, thanks!

Wait until you drive in the snow storm. It is really hard to brake especially there is no friction on the rails. Don't under estimate the power of snow. My bus slide down the slope at Warden and Ellesemere on a several occasion. Luckily I leave myself a lot of space to prevent an accident and the fact that I shifted the bus into lowest gear possible.

Wait until you drive in the snow storm. It is really hard to brake especially there is no friction on the rails. Don't under estimate the power of snow. My bus slide down the slope at Warden and Ellesemere on a several occasion. Luckily I leave myself a lot of space to prevent an accident and the fact that I shifted the bus into lowest gear possible.

The absolute worst is going down Southwood on Rte 64, the worst slope maybe even worse then York Mills between the DVP and Don Mills

wanfish: how did it go with your interview?.

hi45: did you get the invite to an info session?.

For me, I completed my job shadowing assignment last week. I was a bit surprised to see other candidates doing their assignment at the same time on one blue night. Interview next month.

the_dark_fury: I'm sorry to hear you did not get in. I do wonder what happened since they were checking your references meaning the interview went well... Perhaps the references didn't check out?. Best of luck out there.

References are called after successfully completing the interviewing and passing, right after you signed your conditional. References aren't called before than. This of course might have all changed since I was last involved in the application process but I am sure it still works the same way. I don't see why they would pay a third party company to run reference checks on you if they haven't decided on whether you have been hired or not.