TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Also, OT is paid anything over the 8 hours of platform time, meaning you can have a piece of work that pays 9.25 hours but your platform time is no more than 8 hours of driving and no OT is paid, sounds confusing but it works out. And if you work past the 8 hours of platform time, they pay you for half of the overtime you put in.

Example; Your platform driving time is 8.5 hours, but the overtime is actually listed as 15 minutes being paid as time and a half.

Happy New Year!!!

New jobs have been posted by Toronto Transit Commission today.

Transit Operator (Drivers) Recruitment - Operator Program

https://ttc.talentnest.com/en/job/7240

Hope many people apply and get a good news.

Its not how many people apply and get good news. Its more of a question of how many apply and are successful throughout the whole process.

Keep checking in on this post and you will start hearing from new people who will be applying along with you.

Just to clarify, the open report pays half the waiting time when you get assigned work. If you have an open report and they send you home after 5 hours, you get paid for 8, not 8 plus half the waiting time.

Correct.

Don't forget forced OT, if your runnng late it is double time!!!

I have also put in a couple 70 hours weeks when subways were down,which works out to 3 extra shifts a week and lets just say a very nice pay day just not the taxes paid......

Hello guys, I have my medical coming up next week and to be honest I am a little nervous. Can someone who has recently done it explain what they actually do there?

Thanks

I call them science experiments, then a pee test and for the grand finale they make you strip down naked completely while the doctor grabs your scrotum and makes you cough.

As funny as it sounds, anyone who has done medical will and can vouch for my statement above. Good luck and may the force be with you!

• Like 1

I call them science experiments, then a pee test and for the grand finale they make you strip down naked completely while the doctor grabs your scrotum and makes you cough.

As funny as it sounds, anyone who has done medical will and can vouch for my statement above. Good luck and may the force be with you!

Wow.... i guess i have to be prepared to be violated? :blink:

• Like 1

Nokia boy is right. The doctor does grab you by the nuts and ask you to cough. I don't know what he would do to female candidates. The process was quick and painless though, because the doctor was an old gentleman who didn't seem to be interested in anything kinky lol

Honestly, if you are not a drug user, you should't really worry about the medical. I was a bit worried about the vision test because my prescription was not up to date at the time, but I ended up passing it with no issue.

They will also ask you to do some physical exercises, such as carrying a heavy fare box and climbing a ladder.

It's obvious that if you are female, you will see a female doctor.

And there are no experiments of any kind there.

It's a hearing test, a vision one, a medical, a drug test and a physical.

Yup, that is what mostly the sheet says, I am more interested in what they do for the medical. I have dry skin and i dont know if that is grounds for disqualification andi am a little worried.

Yup, that is what mostly the sheet says, I am more interested in what they do for the medical. I have dry skin and i dont know if that is grounds for disqualification andi am a little worried.

Lol you wont get disqualified for having dry skin. The main things they check is your sight and hearing. If your colour blind you cant do subway but you can still do bus and street car. They also do a physical test its pretty basic if you can handle 50 pounds.

This thread is going deep into specifics with everything, as much as it's informative it really is taking the fun out of the process to do all these things and I know for sure if I knew ahead of time what was going to happen it wouldn't be the same anticipation.

But hey, I don't mind answering questions if you really can't wait to find out for yourself :D

Just so people are not overly concerned with the medical, I have seen some rather obese people and with less than perfect eye site pass with flying colours recently. Probably not a good idea to drink alcohol or smoke up, as well not use mouth wash or eat poppy seed bagels. Remember at all times you must maintain a 0% blood alcohol.

Good luck all,

Just so people are not overly concerned with the medical, I have seen some rather obese people and with less than perfect eye site pass with flying colours recently. Probably not a good idea to drink alcohol or smoke up, as well not use mouth wash or eat poppy seed bagels. Remember at all times you must maintain a 0% blood alcohol.

Good luck all,

It is highly unlikely that any alcohol traces in mouthwash will remain detectable for more than 10 or 15 minutes, but you can use an alcohol-free mouthwash just to be safe.

Poppy seed bagels, on the other hand, have been known to leave traces of opiates and should be avoided.

It is highly unlikely that any alcohol traces in mouthwash will remain detectable for more than 10 or 15 minutes, but you can use an alcohol-free mouthwash just to be safe.

Poppy seed bagels, on the other hand, have been known to leave traces of opiates and should be avoided.

Funny you mentioned that, I actually ended up having a poppy seed bagel once the medical was done for lunch.

That's very useful info, champ19!

I'm exactly in that situation, awaiting medical results, police clearance and work references check.

When you dial that 800 number it instructs you to dial a local number (416) 235-1773 where you enter your driver's license number and then in my case it says that "an approval letter was mailed to you on x date in December to your address". But I haven't received such letter and HR never told me that I was going to receive it, only the police clearance certificate.

So, I'm wondering if such MTO letter gets mailed to the TTC instead as it was mailed about 2 weeks ago and since they're the ones paying for the medical...

Happy New Years

So as a new badge, I have been placed on Spareboard (at the bottom). I have been on report where times I would not get detailed and go home after 5 hrs and times where I get detailed after 4 hrs of sitting and run the night bus until 6 AM.

My question is, how long will this process of being in the spareboard last until? I know the new board period just started and wont end until Feburary. I just want some routine and know my start/end times so I can resume my studies. Being on spareboard can be very difficult as you have to find out the work for the next day and start/end times can be terrible.

Thanks.