TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Heard some instructors today talking about the hiring freeze. If you've signed the form acknowledging the freeze and the possibility of being laid off then you are affected. As for right now my class and the class behind me are safe to their knowledge otherwise they're not sure.

Heard some instructors today talking about the hiring freeze. If you've signed the form acknowledging the freeze and the possibility of being laid off then you are affected. As for right now my class and the class behind me are safe to their knowledge otherwise they're not sure.

For this one. Does it also affect for the person who are waiting for documentations & training seasons?

i had my documentation feb

had my documentation feb.2 and I did not signed anything about this. they alao never mention any laying off people in near future. instructors tend to scare new employees for their entertainment

For this one. Does it also affect for the person who are waiting for documentations & training seasons?

If during documentation you sign that form you will be affected. If you don't sign the form and commence training you're fine.

i had my documentation feb

had my documentation feb.2 and I did not signed anything about this. they alao never mention any laying off people in near future. instructors tend to scare new employees for their entertainment

There's no need to scare new employees at this point. They wouldn't talk about it to scare us because we're almost finished training. It was a conversation I overheard during training between two instructors.

Hey Jaywells and anyone else that may be in the know.........

other than the instructors you overheard talking,

have you heard anything about "the hiring freeze"? in the media or else where?

I did documentation last week and there were no papers to sign about layoff,

and no mention about a freeze and infact, she actually said that

"they may be opening operator recruitment" again so if you know

anyone that wants to apply, tell them to make an online profile

and watch the site for recruitment opening up again.

And also for your information Azriel, the instructors are definitely not into "amusing themselves by scaring trainees..."

They are very professional and they are there to teach you how to drive a bus. Not to be entertained, that's what I saw when I trained.

^This. My instructor told us the layoff rumors have been around for decades lol

Good,keep it up,,all the best for rest of training.

Thanks!

so....up to now.....will TTC start to call who already signed conditional in December to do the documentation or not? It seems that no one got a call/email regarding the documentation. I remembered from the previous quote that the last documentation/training started on Feb 17, 2015. So, when will they start to call for documentation again?

So no one who has started training currently has signed that document?

Still not accepting applications online so waiting pool must still be sufficient.

An instructor told me that failures have increased in the last year.

I wouldn't worry about layoffs. Still plenty to retire and service increases on the way.

And also for your information Azriel, the instructors are definitely not into "amusing themselves by scaring trainees..."

They are very professional and they are there to teach you how to drive a bus. Not to be entertained, that's what I saw when I trained.

Glad to see someone not taken in by second hand information, rumor, gossip and innuendo.

Nope, still waiting.

Will get soon,

how long it took them to acknowledge the police clearance, did they replied to email or not? Thanks for sharing info.

Ok thank you. Yes I did do fingerprinting already and got everything back on Friday. I signed my conditional on Dec 4th.

Hi, did u hear anything since you emailed ur police cl.

Hi everyone,

Just want to share regarding the police ref check. I received by post on Jan 19, and scanned it to my recruiter the day after he/she replied and mentioned no need finger print and retain the original until documentation session.

On 5 Feb, Got another email for finalizing the reference and the third party already got my last reference check (around 9 Feb). Just FYI, overall 6 of my reference were checked. And currently still waiting for next session for Documentation & Training. And from this forum, the last training date that I heard was 17 Feb, and after that I didn't see that anyone got a call to attend documentation.

I signed the conditional on 4 Dec 14. Anyone got a call to do the documentation after today's date.