TransLink Future - Dream's and Aspirations

cleowin

I've always thought the 312 and 316 should be 600-series numbers as well, since they are in mostly in "Delta." So 612 and 616 could be used for those. I don't think the 314 matters anymore to be a 600-series. Then the 391 would become 691 -- that's where the 691 number can be used instead of for Boundary Bay. I agree with neopasturquoise that 605 should be used for Boundary Bay since that was the original number.

I think the 600-series should just stick to the South Delta region not the North Delta region.

Um? All the way up River Road to Scott Road Station? I think it runs more in North Delta than South ;)

Well everything east of the Alex Fraser is North and everything west is south or is that just Delta ? But there is more distance west of the Alex Fraser than east of it so I think there is more South than North.

Well for the 480 didn't it go all the way down to Stevenson at first, 155 used to go all the way to Coquitlam Rec Centre, 502 went down to Fernridge and Aldergrove, and the 640 used to go down to Tsawwassen ferry terminal. You can see that the routes got shortened down but I don't think T/L would change the route number just b/c the route got shortened.

Platform doors would be nice..

Removal of the trolley system

Enviro500!

Platform doors would not work given the different lengths between doors on the Mk I and IIs. Enviro 500s would also be a costly venture given that none of our current facilities can accommodate them. I also think that they are prone to some new issues, such as people getting trapped upstairs on a crush-loaded bus or getting up to leave too late and missing their stop (we all know how transit-users here are).

Why would you want to remove the trolley system? You know that captaintrolley is going to berate you for this idea, right?

You gotta chill a bit like this is a dreams and aspiration thread. He can say what ever he wants to as this is just a thread to express how you want this transit system too look like.

I think XN60's would be a nice addition the the system. Move them to PoCo and then the artics there will be transferred to Richmond or Surrey for service improvements.

Platform doors would be nice..

Removal of the trolley system

Enviro500!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, because there's nothing like increasing our dependence on fossil fuels at a time where world pollution is at an all-time high, where fuel prices are at an all-time high, and a cartel of oil-producing companies basically controls world oil prices. Sounds like a great idea!~