Blue Line/Southwest Transitway

DavidW

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

I’d assume it would be the same story with the 65? Also, will the outbound ones get new signs or will they still say “WESTDALE?”

I believe there gonna say ridgewood but I can’t confirm and I also can confirm that Brandon garage is gonna be open Monday thru Sunday as there is work operating outside of there on routes 60 and blue on the weekends maybe transit finally using bg as the BRT garage  

7 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

I believe there gonna say ridgewood but I can’t confirm and I also can confirm that Brandon garage is gonna be open Monday thru Sunday as there is work operating outside of there on routes 60 and blue on the weekends maybe transit finally using bg as the BRT garage  

Are all the bendy buses stored at BG? I know that this change, at least two of the all-day 36es (36-5 and 36-6, to be specific) are out of BG (I can see the run cards when I get off) and I’ve only ridden XD60s on that route this change. Then again, the 60-footers are used on weekends.

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Are all the bendy buses stored at BG? I know that this change, at least two of the all-day 36es (36-5 and 36-6, to be specific) are out of BG (I can see the run cards when I get off) and I’ve only ridden XD60s on that route this change. Then again, the 60-footers are used on weekends.

I looked at the 60s and the blue (100-1 and on) are all BG runs for weekends and I believe most of the weekday is as well so I assume that most of the artics will be out of BG a few 60s end as blue line and blue lines become the 60 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://winnipegtransit.com/en/service/blue-rapid-transit/

Starting in late March, you will be able to plan trips on the improved network using
the Navigo Trip Planner.

I'll soon be able to ride the 23 Broadway bus from Mood Disorders to my apartment without having to walk too far and using one bus instead of doing FREE/55/160/? bus and 11/21/24 to get to Sherbrook.

https://winnipegtransit.com/assets/2584/23.pdf

However, weekend service headways on the new 47, the 74 and other routes are gonna suck. We need FTW to push for improved servic on the weekends.

13 hours ago, LilZebra said:

[W]eekend service headways on the new 47, the 74 and other routes are gonna suck. We need FTW to push for improved servic [sic] on the weekends.

When I redesigned the 47 for the Custom Routes thread, the headways I suggested were 21 minutes on Saturday (same as the current route and on the lower end of what’s proposed) and 30 minutes on Sunday (on the upper end of what’s proposed, but still better than the current route). Believe it or not, the 60-65 headways proposed for the 74 on weekends are an improvement on the current route and its nearly 75-minute Saturday headways. Still, for the only route running between Polo and the Outlet Mall, that’s unacceptable. River Heights really is a black hole at times on weekends, especially on Sundays (no 68, no 74, no 78, 45-minute headways and no evening service on the 20). The least they should do on Sunday nights (in my opinion) is run a short-turn 20 from the airport to Pacific Terminal, preserving service to north River Heights and the connection between St. James and the airport.

5 minutes ago, LilZebra said:

What's Pacific Terminal? Is that at the Airport?

Pacific Terminal is eastbound Pacific at Martha (stop 10800). Located across a parking lot from the Manitoba Museum, it’s where the 21, 24, “Shoppers’ Special” 11s and various rush-hour express routes terminate.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, SirAndrew710 said:

I’d assume it would be the same story with the 65? Also, will the outbound ones get new signs or will they still say “WESTDALE?”

I wish they would just call it Charleswood. Nobody I know calls it Westdale lol

35 minutes ago, LilZebra said:

That's what they were signed in the 80s/90s until about November 1997.

I was going to ask if the 67 would have simply said “67 CHARLESWOOD EXP,” in the vein of the 40 or 57, but I guess that was the era before rollsigns gave way to Luminators.

When was the Moray branch of the 67 and 79 introduced? All I could find was a Wikipedia article mentioning that the bridge was opened in 1995 and a city council document from 2004 about the decommissioning of that service and its replacement with the 98 effective the summer change of that year.

As I recall it was in February of 1996, but that isn't right because it doesn't jive with WT's new scheduling calendar. So maybe late 1995.

Maybe the Free Press archives would have a clue.

"Winnipeg Transit Winter Service & Schedule Changes" (November 8, 1995). Winnipeg Free Press. p. B3

If you don't have access to NewsPaperArchive.com I can save that page and e-mail it to you.