Your wishlist of route changes, try to keep it realistic

Goldeneye

How about extending the 60 or the 73 C west to Wild Water Kingdom in the Summer?

The 36 or 96 could be extended as well along Finch. All of which would be a really long ride. A shorter/faster option would be seasonal branch of the 191. Perhaps if they kept the Humber College service level but ran those buses west instead. Now it'd just be a matter of finding a place to loop. It'd also provide TTC access to the Indian Line campground. I actually get a lot of (most Europeans) people asking if there's a campsite with accessible transit. As it stands both campgrounds are accessible by GO Transit.

Due to Wild Water Kingdom's location, would there be a fare zone supplement? Maybe if they pay for the supplement that it could run on the regular fare.

Everyone needs strawberries and corn on the cob!

Maybe they can route it so they dont have to go down the narrow section of steeles east.

I'd like to see them try and run a bus through there. If it passes, they could make a loop at to near the farm.

• 2 months later...

I found this proposed Viva Orange service change stuff somewhere on Urban Toronto. I agree to it to some degree, and would like to share it. I have also made some modifications on my own part.

Brampton Transit 501 Zum Queen | VIVA 605 Orange

Integrated full service. It operates on the same basis as it did back in the YRT / BT 77 partnership. This involves extending Viva Orange to Downtown Brampton Terminal. Zum Queen will extend towards Downsview Station. Due to this service change, Zum Queen will operate at a frequency of 30 minutes, and so will Orange. The combined frequency for the two routes will be 15 minutes for the entire day.

An option for the route would be routing east on Highway 7, skipping Interchange Way (Vaughan Corporate Centre stop would have to be relocated on Highway 7), then south on Keele Street, to minimize congestions on Jane Street.

This does not affect BT 501A Zum Queen.

VIVA 607 Orange "A"

Viva Orange "A" would bypass York University (I do realize how many passengers are from York University, but keep in mind this is just a suggestion), not serving all the stops between Interchange Way and Downsview Station. Viva Orange "A" after leaving the relocated Vaughan Corporate Centre stop will proceed east along Highway 7, then east on Centre Street, and to the current Purple routing (through Promenade Terminal, etc.) towards Richmond Hill Centre. Viva Orange "A" only operates during rush hours only.

VIVA 601E Blue "E"

A new branch of Viva Blue "E" provides rush hour trips between Newmarket Terminal and Finch Station, only serving Newmarket Terminal, Mulock, Wellington, King, Bernard, Major MacKenzie, 16th-Carrville, (bypassing Richmond Hill Centre, optional), Finch Station. (Express stops negotiable)

VIVA 608 Purple "A"

I think this has been talked about before on the YRT thread on this forum, and some claim that it exists already. This Viva Purple branch would by-pass Richmond Hill Centre during rush hours, and will NOT service Enterprise Road, instead, continue east on Highway 7 after Town Centre Blvd. After Town Centre Blvd. stop would be Kennedy Road.

Route changes I would propose (various TTC, MT, YRT, BT)

Add rush-hour express branches to the following bus routes: 25 Don Mills, 32 Eglinton West, 34 Eglinton East, 36 Finch West, 52 Lawrence West, 58 Malton

Extend route 36 Finch West to Westwood Mall (kill MT 22)

Extend routes 67 Pharmacy & route 91 Woodbine to Don Mills stn

Allow TTC passengers to use Mississauga Transit routes 3,11,12,20,26,76 for trips inside Toronto, kill TTC 49 and 50

Allow TTC passengers to use Viva Green for trips inside Toronto (it serves some major office parks on Gordon Baker Rd)

Extend 501 Zum to Downsview, kill Viva Orange

Extend MT 4, 5 and 23 to Islington, allow use by TTC passengers within Toronto and reduce service on TTC 123

Make MT 109 stop at Square One and extend from Meadowvale TC to Meadowvale Business Park

Route changes I would propose (various TTC, MT, YRT, BT)

Add rush-hour express branches to the following bus routes: 25 Don Mills, 32 Eglinton West, 34 Eglinton East, 36 Finch West, 52 Lawrence West, 58 Malton

Extend route 36 Finch West to Westwood Mall (kill MT 22)

Extend routes 67 Pharmacy & route 91 Woodbine to Don Mills stn

Allow TTC passengers to use Mississauga Transit routes 3,11,12,20,26,76 for trips inside Toronto, kill TTC 49 and 50

Allow TTC passengers to use Viva Green for trips inside Toronto (it serves some major office parks on Gordon Baker Rd)

Extend 501 Zum to Downsview, kill Viva Orange

Extend MT 4, 5 and 23 to Islington, allow use by TTC passengers within Toronto and reduce service on TTC 123

Make MT 109 stop at Square One and extend from Meadowvale TC to Meadowvale Business Park

For Express buses they should bring back 118? Finch Allen, but as an express. There has been talks about extending 67 to Fairview, but I guess that went out the window. Same with 91.

I agree that there should be an express on 58, but not 52.

For Express buses they should bring back 118? Finch Allen, but as an express. There has been talks about extending 67 to Fairview, but I guess that went out the window. Same with 91.

I agree that there should be an express on 58, but not 52.

The 91 Woodbine and 67 Pharmacy extentions to Don Mills Stn was looked at before the Sheppard Subway was opened plus a few other routes like 78 St Andrews to connect at Bayview Stn from York Mills Stn, 115 Silver Hills to connect at Leslie Stn and service removed on York Mills Rd also 122 Graydon Hall to connect at Don Mills Stn from York Mills Stn while the 91 Woodbine took care of the Eastern part of the 122 route East of Don Mills Rd. All of those proposals wasn't recommended.

Finch West should have some form of express service. As you said bring back 118 Finch Via Allen and I agree to that but instead of 118 how about 136 Finch West Express out of Downsview Stn? Similar how the 39/139 is set up. Have the 136 running out of Downsview Stn then Express to Weston Rd with stops at Dufferin/Finch, Keele/Finch, Jane/Finch and Weston/Finch then Local to Humberwood Loop or even to Westwood Mall.

For the 58 Malton here's what I got in store for it. 58E Malton Express (Lawrence Stn - Pearson Airport). Express between Lawrence Stn and Weston Rd then Local to Pearson Airport. Stops at Lawrence Stn, Avenue Rd, Bathurst, Lawrence West Stn, Dufferin, Caledonia, Keele, Jane and Weston Rd then local from there.

Finch West should have some form of express service. As you said bring back 118 Finch Via Allen and I agree to that but instead of 118 how about 136 Finch West Express out of Downsview Stn? Similar how the 39/139 is set up. Have the 136 running out of Downsview Stn then Express to Weston Rd with stops at Dufferin/Finch, Keele/Finch, Jane/Finch and Weston/Finch then Local to Humberwood Loop or even to Westwood Mall.
They would need to reconnect the quarter loop at Finch/Dufferin to make the westbound stop possible, otherwise it would be hard to have a westbound stop at Dufferin/Finch.

The 91 Woodbine and 67 Pharmacy extentions to Don Mills Stn was looked at before the Sheppard Subway was opened plus a few other routes like 78 St Andrews to connect at Bayview Stn from York Mills Stn, 115 Silver Hills to connect at Leslie Stn and service removed on York Mills Rd also 122 Graydon Hall to connect at Don Mills Stn from York Mills Stn while the 91 Woodbine took care of the Eastern part of the 122 route East of Don Mills Rd. All of those proposals wasn't recommended.

For the 58 Malton here's what I got in store for it. 58E Malton Express (Lawrence Stn - Pearson Airport). Express between Lawrence Stn and Weston Rd then Local to Pearson Airport. Stops at Lawrence Stn, Avenue Rd, Bathurst, Lawrence West Stn, Dufferin, Caledonia, Keele, Jane and Weston Rd then local from there.

I was thinking that as well, 136 to Downsview Station. And yes, to westwood mall. And 136A or whatever branch, onto Albion road to Kenview or something, connecting with 11 Steetles Brampton, and Wild Water Kingdom.