90xx & 92xx D40 Watch

306 Carlton

:lol: Another one bites the dust...

Hurdmanhugz told me recently that it had GPS and Printer removed. I was also checking if there were any others retired with a supervisor, every one of the D40's remaining showed "This bus is not assigned." in the computer, except 9008 showed "This bus does not exist." They are going fast ;)

Hurdmanhugz told me recently that it had GPS and Printer removed. I was also checking if there were any others retired with a supervisor, every one of the D40's remaining showed "This bus is not assigned." in the computer, except 9008 showed "This bus does not exist." They are going fast :lol:

As long as 9013 hasn't been retired. That's the only one I've actually ridden.

This worries me though:

Most of the remaining D40s are missing all their interior and exterior adds and none of the D40's plates have been renewed for next year so they outlook isn't looking too great right now... I advise to get your shots and rides in ASAP because they most likely won't make it past March 31.

It was on a Pinecrest run. :rolleyes:

9013 has been at Pinecrest for more than a week now.

Anyways, I'll be at Albert and Brickhill (near Lebretion Station) hoping get pictures of any remaining D40s that are in service. Friday afternoon was disappointing as only three were spotted in service.

Parked? Does that mean they're not officially retired yet? I haven't seen the term used before.

They are just putting those buses aside until scheduling permits them to actually undertake the task of retiring the buses (i.e. taking the licence plate off, painted over the OC logos/decals, removing radio/GPS/transfer printers, etc).

This was the same case when the GM Fishbowls were retired in 2007 (they were parked in April, and were actually retired in May).