A day in the life of an STM bus driver

stm_5307N

Ever wanted to know what an STM driver does from the time he arrives at the garage to the end of this work shift? Well know you can get a better idea of what its like to be an STM driver through this 11 minute video shot by a STM driver from St Laurent garage. The only things not shown are when he had people on board his bus. This is a must see video! The video must have been taken in the last few days as there are many new 3rd gens seen at St Laurent garage including what seems to be 29-125! The first bus of his shift is 12-011!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-L_AzNdW2k

Excellent video, didn't know STM assigns buses to drivers on a computer screen that is somehow your punch machine too!

Great video, and he just happened to get an MCI Classic for this video! Hey look, there's no radio in this bus!

Ya Cool video, i have to say i SL sucks! This guy's shift covered so much territory from FV to SM!!! Plus that god awefull long supper break. Really a crappy schedule, much better would be to start at 18h or 19h and finish around 2-3ham.

The guy that posted the video said that he's a 'reserve' driver out of SL garage.

He must be pretty low on the ladder for reserve drivers. With seniority comes better choice like premiere equipe or maybe even right throughs. Even so reserve means you never get bored. This guy clearly isn't!

He must be pretty low on the ladder for reserve drivers. With seniority comes better choice like premiere equipe or maybe even right throughs. Even so reserve means you never get bored. This guy clearly isn't!

Yes, just like me! I like to sign "reserve". You never get bored and there is LOTS of action!!!

By the way, it's a very good video.

Being a reserve driver doesn't mean your new or got stuck with that. Some drivers only do reserve for their whole career, as you get alot of variety.