Hamilton Street Railway

Hybrid0920

14 hours ago, fromthe905 said:

Yes it was.

Speaking of training units, the remaining training units besides 0803 was moved up to Bryans Auction for this upcoming auction. 

Bummer. :(

Reason I asked is because someone posted a video of them revving #0714, and it looked to be at a trailer park. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished updating the in-service dates on the Wiki last night for the 2023 LFS Natural Gas buses. I noticed there have been no new buses that have entered service since January 18; is there an issue preventing the remaining units from entering service? There are still 13 units that have not yet entered service, most of which have been on property since at least mid-December. HSR had been pretty good about preparing new buses into service in about 1 month after delivery.

15 hours ago, Articulated said:

Finished updating the in-service dates on the Wiki last night for the 2023 LFS Natural Gas buses. I noticed there have been no new buses that have entered service since January 18; is there an issue preventing the remaining units from entering service? There are still 13 units that have not yet entered service, most of which have been on property since at least mid-December. HSR had been pretty good about preparing new buses into service in about 1 month after delivery.

Im no master but those 13 buses have been sitting "up the hill" for god only knows how long. Since those are expansion, they need new fare boxes, rangers, presto etc (duh) and they could be on back order with the part shortage. Not confirmed just a guess

On 2/23/2024 at 12:59 AM, fromthe905 said:

Im no master but those 13 buses have been sitting "up the hill" for god only knows how long. Since those are expansion, they need new fare boxes, rangers, presto etc (duh) and they could be on back order with the part shortage. Not confirmed just a guess

With the move of the 0900’s to training I would think that would free up fare boxes, rangers and Presto machines. It could be a matter of not enough people to install. 

1 hour ago, JRM1000 said:

With the move of the 0900’s to training I would think that would free up fare boxes, rangers and Presto machines. It could be a matter of not enough people to install. 

The fare boxes and everything from the 09s went to the Novas. Those 13 Novas up the hill are expansion units which means they need new everything.

Speaking of Novas, i got word that 1701 returned to service this morning but ended up having to be changed off due to a "fire" light on the dash.

15 hours ago, fromthe905 said:

The fare boxes and everything from the 09s went to the Novas. Those 13 Novas up the hill are expansion units which means they need new everything.

Speaking of Novas, i got word that 1701 returned to service this morning but ended up having to be changed off due to a "fire" light on the dash.

Ah, I was unaware. I had thought the move of the 09’s to training was recent and would have freed up those fare boxes, rangers, and Presto machines. Thanks for the clarity. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 9:13 AM, Articulated said:

I finally got an official answer as to this question. The 13 buses not in service are waiting on Radios. Everything else has been installed in the buses. With the worldwide parts shortage, apparently the new radios may not arrive until April/May.

HSR Maintenance has been doing a fantastic job of meeting the expansion service levels implemented in September with the old fleet size. Occasionally, work has been cancelled but it has not happened all that often.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Leapster10 said:

What's with the inactivity here?

Anyways, I was curious if any of the 2010's have retired yet. Any info?

No 2010s have been retired. They wont retire until a new order has arrived, and to my knowledge nothing is on order for this year so far.

18 hours ago, fromthe905 said:

No 2010s have been retired. They wont retire until a new order has arrived, and to my knowledge nothing is on order for this year so far.

I did hear we are budgeted for 33 buses for this year, but haven’t been able to confirm if anything has been ordered. 

23 hours ago, Leapster10 said:

What's with the inactivity here?

Anyways, I was curious if any of the 2010's have retired yet. Any info?

Not sure what kind of activity you're expecting? The last batch of deliveries have all been in service for a few months and there's nothing else ordered yet so they can't really retire anything until something new arrives to replace it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wonka said:

Not sure what kind of activity you're expecting? The last batch of deliveries have all been in service for a few months and there's nothing else ordered yet so they can't really retire anything until something new arrives to replace it.

We also cannot confirm if the remaining buses are in service yet. At last check they were awaiting radios.

55 minutes ago, JRM1000 said:

We also cannot confirm if the remaining buses are in service yet. At last check they were awaiting radios.

Buses 2262, 67, 68, 70-72, 85-92 are still parked up the hill at the garage and have not entered service.

As for new buses, I was under the impression that no new buses are arriving this year but I will try to confirm with the maintenance manager.

13 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

Buses 2262, 67, 68, 70-72, 85-92 are still parked up the hill at the garage and have not entered service.

As for new buses, I was under the impression that no new buses are arriving this year but I will try to confirm with the maintenance manager.

Thank you for confirming. 

I have recieved word that 1010 has had all of the fabric seat inserts removed this afternoon and are currently going through a deep clean due to the fact that it was the warming bus over the winter. 1010 should return to regular service within the next couple days on a regular basis.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:39 PM, fromthe905 said:

I have recieved word that 1010 has had all of the fabric seat inserts removed this afternoon and are currently going through a deep clean due to the fact that it was the warming bus over the winter. 1010 should return to regular service within the next couple days on a regular basis.

It actually did see some service while it was the warming bus. Mainly school trippers. 

There will be 14 Nova LFS CNG buses arriving in September. All of them will be replacement followed by 16 more in the 2nd quarter of 2025.

There were no expansion buses planned for this year. Prior to the ransomware attack, all expansion hours were going to be off peak and weekend requiring no peak vehicles (thus fleet expansion). However, with hiring currently frozen, the planned expansion for this year most likely will not happen although nothing has been confirmed at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2286 has entered service. Just saw it on Centennial Parkway near Confederation GO on route 44 Rymal. Destination sign needs to be programmed to the updated signs. Sign says "44 Rymal to Eastgate Square" instead of "Confederation Walmart"