Brampton Transit - Employment

mustangali

<_< :angry: :):)B)B)B)B)B)B)

I'd say it's your age, which can be an "insurance" issue, and the fact that you probably haven't got much "large" or "heavy" vehicle experience. You haven't indicated what class of licence you hold. If it's a Class ABZ, BZ, or CZ "with experience" I can't see why they wouldn't call you .....except for your age. Just my .02 cents, sorry.

No worries.

Sorry qsy6737, but I have to agree with the other fellow...they probably don't hire many people under 25. This was actually my first time applying for Brampton Transit, but on my cover letter I mentioned that my father had 34 years of service for the TTC and my brother has over 20 years service...maybe that helped. Plus I think being 39, a female, and a fairly clean driving record for 23 years helps too. Good luck in the future with getting a call.

THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Got a call today, so excited, Jan 21st 9-1 at the Civic Centre. Same instructions as previously mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
Who needs post secondary when you have a career as a bus driver?

Sarcastic??? Or No?? Personally I think it's a good idea to get some sort of post secondary. Do some part-time studies at Seneca or something while still working full-time driving is my best suggestion. That's what I'm doing anyways.

Sarcastic??? Or No?? Personally I think it's a good idea to get some sort of post secondary. Do some part-time studies at Seneca or something while still working full-time driving is my best suggestion. That's what I'm doing anyways.

While I agree, full-time driving / part-time studies sounds much better to me than full-time studies / no driving.

True, but it's not cheap to goto school. So it's nice to be working at the same time (even if it's part time) to still have some sort of income while going to school. At least driving will give you a better income than say working in a mall or something part time. Again it does all come down to what your future plans are but also you have to think about money too.

Go to Post secondary, get your education, then drive.

If you know that you're going to end up being a bus driver, why bother going to college/university? You spend all that money to get the education for what exactly? Many of my co-workers have degrees and it's all wasted because they ended up not following through with it. Unless you plan on taking a transportation class so you have a chance of advancement in the transit company I say don't bother. It's a waste of money.

If you know that you're going to end up being a bus driver, why bother going to college/university? You spend all that money to get the education for what exactly? Many of my co-workers have degrees and it's all wasted because they ended up not following through with it. Unless you plan on taking a transportation class so you have a chance of advancement in the transit company I say don't bother. It's a waste of money.

Exactly. I actually know of a teacher who quit that to drive buses for TTC, and others with BA's MA's also. Go figure that one out.

What really matters is your Secondary school you must complete, otherwise the chances to find a job is much much harder to get in.

I would have gone to work for an office job, but something will happen as I won't survive in the office field.

I'm not sure about test times for Jan 19th...my test is on Jan 21st at the Civic Centre from 9-1.

I am in this testing group aswell. I competed the MT testing in November and passed that. I figure this testing will be simliar. If you want to talk with me before testing mustang, I am a blond haired, six foot tall guy. With that it shouldn't be too difficult to spot me in Brampton. :) I just finished by Z air brake course at Humber Transportation. Very good course and the instructor is top notch. Too bad they don't train on the bus just trucks. Drivers from this school are trained to be safe and responsible on the road while other schools are lacking in this area. Good luck to everyone taking the test.

I am in this testing group aswell. I competed the MT testing in November and passed that. I figure this testing will be simliar. If you want to talk with me before testing mustang, I am a blond haired, six foot tall guy. With that it shouldn't be too difficult to spot me in Brampton. :) I just finished by Z air brake course at Humber Transportation. Very good course and the instructor is top notch. Too bad they don't train on the bus just trucks. Drivers from this school are trained to be safe and responsible on the road while other schools are lacking in this area. Good luck to everyone taking the test.

Me neither, LOL. I'm 6'4" brown hair, you'll probably spot me too.

Now, I would assume as soon you pass through Brampton, you want to make decision which ones have better pay and work to commute!