2009 Charter

M.Wright

48 members have voted

1. 1. What bus would you rather have as a charter?

• 89XX (1989 Classic)
    • 90XX (1990 D40)

Ok, I don't know wtf happened here, as I tried to ask you, but I decided to 'shut the f*ck up' at your request. Only thing I see here is a bit of a disagreement with the admins. If I may say something:

How exactly is Promagstyle affecting your personal life? You say you can handle the stress at school, and you can handle the stress at work, but Promag has somehow suddenly overstressed you. All you're doing is using some weird personal thing against Promagstyle as a scapegoat, and punishing the rest of the board as a result. The only reason Promag seems to be affecting you is because he hasn't been banned. Live with it.

If you don't want to do the charter for whatever reason, then so be it. But don't blame others who have nothing to do with it, even if you hate their asses for whatever reason.

I have nothing against you Mike and you are a good friend of mine but I have to agree with Kyle here.

There is a point where you can't handle stress anymore, just like boiling water. So in order to cool my self down, I need to find ways to remove stress. The charter is the only one I could find that I could change due to the fact it's the only non-mandatory thing in my life at this point.

I'm also fed up with all the crap going on here. So at this point I couldn't care about anything.

Then say that. Don't put the blame towards a member that has nothing to do with it.

Then say that. Don't put the blame towards a member that has nothing to do with it.
Like I said, that is the cause of it though. For example before all this stuff came up, I was able to balance my stress perfectly. Anyway to save the admins from saying this, we're getting off topic.

I don't really approve of how a lot of chit-chat finds its way into posts in the Ottawa section. But I won't touch the above posts.

But haven't I berated you guys enough already? Let me try to say something friendly and useful (perhaps for a change). Whenever something stresses me out badly I just stop what I'm doing and I go do something I like. Sometimes it's riding a bus, or checking out a route I haven't been on in a while, or getting some food at a fave restaurant, or seeing a movie or a friend or something! Charter planning isn't supposed to be a chore, we do it cause it's fun! I sometimes do it to procrastinate from my school work.

And it deserves to be said that you just can't take everything personally here. So what if people don't like me on this board. I'm here to provide a service. On a good day for me it's business as usual, I get to post my sightings and read other people's sightings and news and have a good time. On a bad day I need to do damage control, ban bots, resolve conflicts, often thanklessly... so in other words, no point getting worked up on someone else's problems.

I don't think anyone is going to get banned or suspended because when proper decorum is met from all parties, everything is fine and we can move on. It is not my mission to do that here. On the other hand, what I try to do is make good conversation, and create events that bring like-minded people together. Ultimately it's up to you whether you want to hold your event or not but I'll be pretty sorry to see you give up for a really petty reason. I guess that's all I have to say so please consider that as a fellow charter organizer and a brother in arms.

After some recent developments and feedback I've been receiving, I've decided it was more selfish then anything to cancel the spring charter. So after a long thinking process, decided that was stupid of me so I am going to go ahead with it. So I am sorry.

Another reason I see it as important is because there is only 1 stripe liveried 1989 Classic remaining in the full stripe, so may as well go with a maple leaf one because that stripe one is junk and I got a video to prove it if you do not believe me. Also OC seems really keen on getting the D40s out of here so I figure a D40 charter is a must as those appear to be most at risk at this point. So I am not doing this for myself, I am doing this for the D40s.

After some recent developments and feedback I've been receiving, I've decided it was more selfish then anything to cancel the spring charter. So after a long thinking process, decided that was stupid of me so I am going to go ahead with it. So I am sorry.

Another reason I see it as important is because there is only 1 stripe liveried 1989 Classic remaining in the full stripe, so may as well go with a maple leaf one because that stripe one is junk and I got a video to prove it if you do not believe me. Also OC seems really keen on getting the D40s out of here so I figure a D40 charter is a must as those appear to be most at risk at this point. So I am not doing this for myself, I am doing this for the D40s.

When are you aiming to do this as i would be interested to take part ( pending on when it takes places of coarse.)

Just 1 thing to note, TTS is having a GO Transit Prevost charter on Sat, April, 25, 2009 that I and other members of the board will be taking part in.

Thanks.

8916 has the full stripe

When are you aiming to do this as i would be interested to take part ( pending on when it takes places of coarse.)

Just 1 thing to note, TTS is having a GO Transit Prevost charter on Sat, April, 25, 2009 that I and other members of the board will be taking part in.

Thanks.

I am aiming exactly for May 30th. I am also considering starting the charter around noon because the lunch stop would be too hard to pull off and there is nothing nearby to eat at with lots of choice. So I am wondering if anyone is for that? Also I figure that way you guys are getting more for your money as there is more bus riding and with the kinds of rates OC charges us (this year the total cost is $1050), we may as well get the most out of it that we can. Also around noon that would give people who aren't staying overnight to get here from Toronto and it's also easier on me because I hardly have any service at 6 AM which is when I got to St. Laurent for the 8769 charter. In fact on that day, I didn't realize it until I got to the stop but I just missed the first bus of the day.

8916 has the full stripe

The risk with 8916 is that it is part of th 2008 disposal program. Unless plans have changed, it would be a risk if 8916 were to be the bus to charter.

I think I saw 8931 recently with the original red and white livery.

• 2 weeks later...
I am aiming exactly for May 30th. I am also considering starting the charter around noon because the lunch stop would be too hard to pull off and there is nothing nearby to eat at with lots of choice. So I am wondering if anyone is for that? Also I figure that way you guys are getting more for your money as there is more bus riding and with the kinds of rates OC charges us (this year the total cost is $1050), we may as well get the most out of it that we can. Also around noon that would give people who aren't staying overnight to get here from Toronto and it's also easier on me because I hardly have any service at 6 AM which is when I got to St. Laurent for the 8769 charter. In fact on that day, I didn't realize it until I got to the stop but I just missed the first bus of the day.

Yeah, im for the straight charter without lunch as it is short and would give us more riding time( you can eat any other time!). may 30 sounds fine but since I only know what i am doing 6 weeks at a time, it is too soon for me to commit 100% . I will know my work for then after april 20. When is the cut off date for when u must know who's coming? I'll assume were looking at 20 - 30$ per person?

Yeah, im for the straight charter without lunch as it is short and would give us more riding time( you can eat any other time!). may 30 sounds fine but since I only know what i am doing 6 weeks at a time, it is too soon for me to commit 100% . I will know my work for then after april 20. When is the cut off date for when u must know who's coming? I'll assume were looking at 20 - 30$ per person?
I usually don't have a cut off date until a few days before the charter. As for the price, I was looking at $25 a person.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about doing a 2 hour emergency charter for 8792 seeing as it's still running.

Features of this will include a bump that if the driver accerates while going over it, it feels like the bus will tip over.

Also another feature will be Ottawa's crappiest road. If you think Quebec Roads are bad, well comparing those roads to this one, Quebec Roads are much better.

That crappy road, when I last went on it, it was so bad that the Invero we were on had a ceiling panel fall down.

I'm thinking about doing a 2 hour emergency charter for 8792 seeing as it's still running.

Features of this will include a bump that if the driver accerates while going over it, it feels like the bus will tip over.

Also another feature will be Ottawa's crappiest road. If you think Quebec Roads are bad, well comparing those roads to this one, Quebec Roads are much better.

That crappy road, when I last went on it, it was so bad that the Invero we were on had a ceiling panel fall down.

Lol, I remember that ride on that invero on Ottawa's Crappiest road with you where the ceiling panel starting falling out! :D

Here's a picture that I took after the driver attempted to put back the panel in the ceiling.

DSC_0261.png

ISMichael. ;)