Celebrity Death Thread

Gregory

2 minutes ago, Bincey said:

Akira Toriyama, creator of the Dragon Ball series has sadly passed away at the age of 68

Oh no, he's went to heaven to be with the Lord from time to eternity and he was one month shy from turning 69 next month on April 5th. As a young Christian man living in the Caribbean, Dragon Ball Japanese Anime was my favorite cartoon show when I was growing up and they were used to come on in English Dub voice overs edited for syndication USA channels for young children (during my primary school era time when I was small in 2000s and 2010s then) such as Cartoon Network, Nicktoons and WB Kids Saturday Morning Block (Early/Mid 2000s) on WPIX 11 New York and KTLA 5 Los Angeles long before WB amd UPN merged together in 2006 and renamed The CW (CW 4 Kids Saturday Morning block). 

Rest in Peace 1955-2024

Steve Lawrence, American singer, comedian, and actor, best known as a member of a duo with his wife Eydie Gormé, billed as "Steve and Eydie", and for his performance as Maury Sline, the manager and friend of the main characters in The Blues Brothers. Steve and Eydie first appeared together as regulars on Tonight Starring Steve Allen in 1954 and continued performing as a duo until Gormé's retirement in 2009 is dead yesterday at 88 years old from complications due to Alzheimer's disease in Los Angeles according to Wikipedia. 

• Sad 2

Today marks 27 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was shot and killed in Los Angeles on March 9, 1997. My friend was listening to old Biggie Smalls clean version songs on the radio this morning for 27th anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death. That was happened during my sisters' time when they were young in the 1990s.

i001346868.jpg

Where were you at the time on March 9, 1997? 

To add another one on this thread, Tarako, Japanese actress, voice actress and singer. Her debut role was as a preschooler on Urusei Yatsura. She is better known as the voice of Momoko “Maruko” Sakura, the popular title character in the long-running anime series Chibi Maruko-chan which has been on the air since 1990, before her eventual death in March 2024 while the series is currently in its 34th season. She was employed by the talent management firm Troubadour Musique Office is dead on March 4, 2024, at the age of 63 according to Wikipedia. 

Wikipedia had confirmed that During the 18th Seiyu Awards on March 9, a moment of silence was held for Toriyama and voice actress Tarako, who died on March 4, in recognition of their contributions to the anime industry.

3 hours ago, 9924 said:

Oh goodie, something new for the critical "thinkers" and conspiracy "theorists" to lose what little of their brain cells they have over ...

"Boeing whistleblower found dead in US "

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68534703

Oh no, he's went to heaven. Poor old senior citizen man. 

As I already mentioned it on the article you posted, the person's name was John Barnett, and he was 62 years old. He shot himself to death. 

Rest In Peace John Barnett. Gone but not Forgotten. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

Oh no, he's went to heaven. Poor old senior citizen man. 

As I already mentioned it on the article you posted, the person's name was John Barnett, and he was 62 years old. He shot himself to death. 

Rest In Peace John Barnett. Gone but not Forgotten. 

What are you rambling on about? 

2 hours ago, Gregory said:

Singer Eric Carmen, whose best known hits include “All By Myself” and “Hungry Eyes”, has died at the age of 74.

I'll be honest, I read Carmen as Cartman 😅

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Paul Alexander, The Man In The Iron Lung, passed away March 11, 2024 at the age of 78.

Watched his documentary a number of years ago.  Man achieved more despite a life stuck in a contraption than most normal people ever will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Breaking News!!! Rare one here. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4lL2NRrpy2/?igsh=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Shigechi Negishi, Japanese Engineer who invented the Karaoke is dead  on January 26th ,2024 at 100 years old from natural causes following a fall. 

https://www.wlky.com/article/billionaire-angela-chao-mitch-mcconnell-died-tesla-into-pond/60199493

TEXAS —

Angela Chao, a shipping industry CEO and sister-in-law to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, died on a Texas ranch last month after her car went into a pond and became submerged in water for an extended period of time, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Chao, 50, died Feb. 11 in the Texas Hill Country. A family statement at the time did not disclose details about her death and authorities in Blanco County have not released additional information, citing an ongoing investigation.

• Sad 2

Debra Byrd, American vocalist who worked with Barry Manilow in and after Lady Flash and Bob Dylan, appeared on Broadway, and served as the head vocal coach for American Idol and Canadian Idol, also singing backup for the contestants. Byrd helped with vocals on the Hub Television Series "Majors and Minors" is dead on March 5, 2024 at 72 years old according to Wikipedia. 

• Sad 1