Quick Coach Lines/Quick Shuttle

canuck600

Two questions:

1. Will you guys still be using the yard on industrial avenue or selling it?

2. Is Quick now a "franchise" owner of Horizon in the Vancouver market or has Horizon given up their right to be in this area? If it is not a franchise operation, Horizon will let you guys keep their name on the coaches?

Horizon Coach Lines is doing very poorly nationwide (for reasons I will not discuss on this list).

The cruise contract in Seattle and Vancouver has become an albatross for the company.

The Vancouver division has been on the chopping block for at least 18 months, looks like they finally moved it. Seattle shut down in February, only to reopen on a limited basis to handle the cruise contract they couldn't transfer to anyone else.

I'm really surprised anyone picked up HCL Vancouver.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting! Knowing what I know of the ownership of Quick and CBL i would not be surprised in the least to see a bit of a rebranding of Horizon Coachlines or even it being absorbed eventually. My gut would lean more towards a rebranding somehow. I couldn't guess how though.

I don't think they will keep those MCI's. I've been told by a horizon driver last year that when Horizon was making the switch to Prevost, they let go on those MCI's. They are really beat and sound really rough. That and Quick/ CBL is basically Prevost. I also THINK some of those Horizon Prevosts will be kept depending on condition they are in. Anyways, here are some shots of Quick coaches doing cruise transfers today!

14398224819_f127e00fc8.jpgQuick Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #1706 by Translink fan, on Flickr

14581484661_009025f1ca.jpgQuick Coach Lines Prevost H3-41 #1603 by Translink fan, on Flickr

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Quick Shuttle 1710 for the first time myself today. Look real pretty, but could use some dura brights ;)

14834258153_52f8ee7843_z.jpgQuick Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #1710 by Translink fan, on Flickr

14811338031_cee8382f5e_z.jpgQuick Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #1710 by Translink fan, on Flickr

14812046854_01b1d83860_z.jpgQuick Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #1710 by Translink fan, on Flickr

• 2 months later...

ex Horizon viewers: The latest word is that the parking lot near Ballentyne Pier will be kept throughout the winter. Unknown if the lot will be kept once lease has run out (I'm not privy to the date of end of lease of lot). I suspect that all ex-Horizon work will run out of Delta next year as there is no washing/can dump facilities on the lot near Ballentyne.

The shop has been cleared out and all maintenance will be done at the Delta BC location.

Look to see all "Horizon" logos disappear. This winter all ex Horizon equipment will go through vigorous maintenance/upkeep or if dollar figures too high to fix to standard, scrapped or sold. Look to see old Horizon fleet numbers disappear also. I haven't heard yet if H345s, for example, will become 1711+ or will have a new numbering system.

The new Powell Street overpass (Over the BNSF/CN rail connection to CP and Ballentyne areas) makes a great viewing platform for the lot and of trains. I look forward to your photos from this location.

ex Horizon viewers: The latest word is that the parking lot near Ballentyne Pier will be kept throughout the winter. Unknown if the lot will be kept once lease has run out (I'm not privy to the date of end of lease of lot). I suspect that all ex-Horizon work will run out of Delta next year as there is no washing/can dump facilities on the lot near Ballentyne.

The shop has been cleared out and all maintenance will be done at the Delta BC location.

Look to see all "Horizon" logos disappear. This winter all ex Horizon equipment will go through vigorous maintenance/upkeep or if dollar figures too high to fix to standard, scrapped or sold. Look to see old Horizon fleet numbers disappear also. I haven't heard yet if H345s, for example, will become 1711+ or will have a new numbering system.

The new Powell Street overpass (Over the BNSF/CN rail connection to CP and Ballentyne areas) makes a great viewing platform for the lot and of trains. I look forward to your photos from this location.

Looks like another adventure awaits for me. Going to see if I can swing by this week and see this lot for the first time. Never knew Horizon had a lot there.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

The equipment being kept (from the Horizon aquisition) for next season, with their new QCL fleet numbers, are as follows:

1595-1597 3 MCI 102-D3

1711-1726 16 Prevost H345

1801-1804 4 MCI 102-DL3

As time allows I will update the Wiki with VINs and ex-Horizion fleet numbers.

Note: the 2 H345s that have wheelchair lifts will have schedule decals and upgrades to augement the Vancouver-SeaTac schedule fleet. All other H345 aquisitions will recieve "simplified" Quick decals.

Unknown at this time if any of the MCI products will recieve what, if any, paint and decals.

The Blue Ford shop truck is being kept for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thursday Jan 29 2015:

20150130_132035.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some more handful of shots of more Ex Horizon units from the past week along with 1710 now with some spiffy Alcoa Durabrights B)

18624693340_cd76d5a31c_z.jpgQuick Coach Lines MCI 102-D3 #1597 (Ex Horizon) by Dannny29, on Flickr

18504115398_07f80e3b3c_z.jpgQuick Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #1725 (Ex Horizon)-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr

18694275901_8f7b5cfa31_z.jpgQuick Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #1720 (Ex Horizon)-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr

18692011495_0b34587d5e_z.jpgQuick Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #1718 (Ex Horizon)-2 by Dannny29, on Flickr

18504329988_b3cd97b955_z.jpgQuick Coach Lines MCI 102-D3 #1596 (Ex Horizon) by Dannny29, on Flickr

18687251162_caea6cfc01_z.jpgQuick Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 #1710-1 by Dannny29, on Flickr

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...