Hybrid Spottings and News

kevlo86

So... it turns out I did see 6003 without a bike rack last week (Wednesday March 19th). By today it had, had a bike rack installed. Note the holes in the bumper in the first shot of 6003 to allow for the mounting of a bike rack.

Photo taken today isn't the usual roster shot. I had other reasons for taking photos from that spot, at that angle.

Riding on 6000, with 6003 just ahead... I could see the HVAC unit thorugh the grills. It is a Sutrak unit. I beileve that's a first for ETS, although, I don't know what the other hybrids have. I did take a photo as best I could of the unit if anyone is interested.

When I was riding 6003 the damn fans fired up during my recording (although, my recording was paused at the time). Those things are loud!! Two girls sitting near me seemed to comment on them.

Although they aren't as quiet as I thought they were because the fans were running... I still think they are pretty quiet and sound nice. Those two are definately my favorite hybrids. I also figure they have the least chance of ETS purchasing more of, should they buy more hybrids.

A video of 6003 is avalible at:

CIMG5006.JPG

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

I saw Unit # 6001 on the Route 8 SB 100 Street and Jasper Avenue at approximately 1408 hrs.

Forgot to mention about this bus this morning...

Caught it on the 0619 departure from Mill Woods TC, a route 8 run that ends at NAIT.

It looks like the run you saw Terry could have been one of the midday short turns. The 0619 run is a high floor run... so is the midday short turn you could have seen.

It would explain why Ode found a hybrid on the 49.

None the less, going out figureing I'd be stuck with a diesel, the hybrid was very nice (the routing it took to my stop was best described as interesting... at first I thought it had been changed off...)