York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

Also looks like changes to 85 as well... and yes, YRT got tons of complaints with the scheduling of the 90B, both frequency and travel times as well as passenger volumes exceeding available room. And looks like also that we are slowly starting to be able to drive normally instead of "dogging" it everywhere due to some schedule adjustments I've seen so far (some for the next board period and I know there's more to come in the future).

I rode the 85 yesterday and it really needs some adjustment. Especially during rush hour the buses bunch up together with at least one of them over crowded and the others empty/ over taking each other.

Those are the different branches. Its a little more difficult to spread those ones out since you have the 'A' that loops at Napa Valley and sometimes finishes at Rutherford GO for Train meets. Then you have 'B' that loops beaver creek and also fossill hill. If it was straight 85's bunching then I could see your complaint more, but with the branches, it's sort of a non-fixable issue in a way, plus aside from the 'B' branch (and really even the B branch most of the time), those 85's and 85A's are generally on schedule (or within a few minutes of the correct schedule).

Viva Blue A (The new branch, 602) is visible on the June schedule finder, but just leads to the normal Viva Blue schedule.

Ya.. I noticed that too.. I don't think everything is updated yet... give it another week or 2...

Does anyone know when the transition day between Tomakjian and Veolia is / is the new garage finished yet?

Last day for Can-ar is July 31st.

The garage isn't done yet! Last visit I checked about 2 weeks ago, the south area isn't finish building up walls.

Last day for Can-ar is July 31st.

The garage isn't done yet! Last visit I checked about 2 weeks ago, the south area isn't finish building up walls.

There's still two months to go, so hopefully they finish by then. Maybe I'll go by there when I have time, it's only a 15min bike ride from my house.

I don't know when google maps was updated for the garage area, but on street view you can see 8003, 2020, 518 and 2006 parked there.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news/local/artic...brate-customers

YRT to celebrate customers

York Region Transit and Viva aim to show how much they appreciate you on Clean Air Day.

Free reusable water bottles and YRT/Viva schedules will be given out Wednesday June 2 during the morning rush hour (6:30 to 8:30 a.m.) at the Richmond Hill Centre terminal and during the afternoon rush hour (3:30 to 6:30 p.m.) at the Finch Station GO terminal.

This is the eighth annual customer appreciation day for the regional transit services and holding the event Wednesday is intended to highlight the environmental benefits of public transit.

One YRT bus can take 40 cars off the road, save 70,000 litres of fuel and keep 168 tonnes of pollutants out of the air each year.

For more information, visityrt.ca or call 1-866-MOVE-YRT (668-3978).

You can never have enough! :mellow: I wonder if they'll be doing anything in regard to the bike rack launch?

Ya.. I'm actually surprised I saw nothing about it anywhere. Not on yrt.ca, not on yorkregion.com, not on transit toronto. Nothing nowhere.

Major detours caused this morning's commute to be a mess, with buses bunching, falling behind schedule, and bypassing stops. Routes 1, 2A, 4A, 9, 18, 85, 201, 303, purple, and school specials were snagged by a huge delay due to the closure of Highway 7 between 9th Line and Wootten Way because of a fire at the Colonel Mustard plaza (for the lack of a better name), beside the Tim Hortons. Route 1 and purple were the only routes which had to detour via Wootten and Church however, but traffic caused the aforementioned routes to fall behind on their schedules up to 25 minutes. This is coupled with the new routing for routes 9 and 18 due to the closure of Butternut Lane for construction. Highway 7 was reopened around 8:45am, but delays will likely persist through most of the day, though I'm sure route 1 buses will have no problem making up time. If anyone sees purples bunched together, this was the reason.

Detour on Yonge Street this morning near Steeles Avenue to add frustration to the already slow stretch of Yonge. Buses on routes 5, 23, 77, 99, 300, 301, 302, 303, blue, and pink were detouring via Clark, Hilda, and Steeles, because of an accident north of Doncaster. Route 2, 88+, and 91+ buses were not affected by this detour. This detour was cleared by 9:30am.

Major detours caused this morning's commute to be a mess, with buses bunching, falling behind schedule, and bypassing stops. Routes 1, 2A, 4A, 9, 18, 85, 201, 303, purple, and school specials were snagged by a huge delay due to the closure of Highway 7 between 9th Line and Wootten Way because of a fire at the Colonel Mustard plaza (for the lack of a better name), beside the Tim Hortons. Route 1 and purple were the only routes which had to detour via Wootten and Church however, but traffic caused the aforementioned routes to fall behind on their schedules up to 25 minutes. This is coupled with the new routing for routes 9 and 18 due to the closure of Butternut Lane for construction. Highway 7 was reopened around 8:45am, but delays will likely persist through most of the day, though I'm sure route 1 buses will have no problem making up time. If anyone sees purples bunched together, this was the reason.

Detour on Yonge Street this morning near Steeles Avenue to add frustration to the already slow stretch of Yonge. Buses on routes 5, 23, 77, 99, 300, 301, 302, 303, blue, and pink were detouring via Clark, Hilda, and Steeles, because of an accident north of Doncaster. Route 2, 88+, and 91+ buses were not affected by this detour. This detour was cleared by 9:30am.

That Hwy 7 plaza was some sort of dry cleaner, that whole place was gutted and I don't understand why police had to close it as the fire was put out while I was deadhead to start service on route 1. Thank god the resume route just before I reach to the destination.

The afternoon was an absolutely mess! Southbound on Yonge was shutdown to one lane for construction and buses for expressway had to be shuffled around. I was part of the shuffle group.

There's still two months to go, so hopefully they finish by then. Maybe I'll go by there when I have time, it's only a 15min bike ride from my house.

I don't know when google maps was updated for the garage area, but on street view you can see 8003, 2020, 518 and 2006 parked there.

Spoken to someone about the garage update, unfortunately it won't be done in time.

Did anyone get the free water bottles this morning?

Also, about the new Viva Blue A. I know this might spark up some confusion, but wouldn't it be better (in my opinion) to assign another colour to the Viva Blue A, like I mean something like Viva Brown, Viva Black, or something like that... so people can actually differentiate between the "express" and the "regular". Just a thought.

Service changes are now up officially -

NEW Viva Blue "A" - New Viva blue “A” will operate five new morning rush hour and five new afternoon rush hour trips between Newmarket GO Bus Terminal and Finch GO Bus Terminal, bypassing Richmond Hill Centre Terminal.

All school related routes and diversions are cancelled for the summer.

15 - Two new weekday trips are being introduced. A 3:35 pm from Wal-Mart and a 4 pm from Eastern Gate. Two trips will have their start times adjusted 5 minutes later (4:15 eastbound and 4:40 westbound).

20 - Rush hour trips adjusted to operate every 18-19 minutes.

23 - Due to 'operational issues in the surrounding residential area' (NIMBYs?), weekday midday and evening trips are no longer serving Rutherford Village Plaza. Trips operate to Lebovic Campus Drive.

40 - New Dial-A-Ride route will operate at 11:15 pm.

41 - Dial-A-Ride departing Markville every 60 minutes.

54 - Routing will be changed to service Yonge Street via Wellington to connect to Viva Blue and service Aurora GO Station. Stone Road service cancelled.

55 - The 9:45 pm westbound trip will no longer serve Upper Canada Mall.

58 - Two new weekday trips are being introduced. A 1:20 pm northbound and a new 1:50 southbound (from Mount Albert).

82 - Four trips will be discontinued due to low ridership. 8:25 and 8:50 pm southbound, and 8:20 and 8:50 northbound.

83 - To meet demand, a new 7:42 am weekday southbound trip is being introduced.

88E - Customers will be able to board or depart at Yonge and Steeles.

90B - Service improved to 20 minutes.

303 - New 4:30 pm trip introduced to meet demand.

TTC 160 - Route will become low-floor.

Did anyone get the free water bottles this morning?

Also, about the new Viva Blue A. I know this might spark up some confusion, but wouldn't it be better (in my opinion) to assign another colour to the Viva Blue A, like I mean something like Viva Brown, Viva Black, or something like that... so people can actually differentiate between the "express" and the "regular". Just a thought.

Does this mean you want 3B, 4A, 33A, 55B, 57A, 58A, 77A, 83A, 84A, 84C, 85A, 85B, 88A, 88E, 90B, 91A, 91B, 91E, and 224B renumbered too?

How about...Viva Blue Lite. Heeheehee.

82 - Four routes will be discontinued due to low ridership. 8:25 and 8:50 pm southbound, and 8:20 and 8:50 northbound.

You mean four trips. ;)

NEW Viva Blue "A" - New Viva blue “A” will operate five new morning rush hour and five new afternoon rush hour trips between Newmarket GO Bus Terminal and Finch GO Bus Terminal, bypassing Richmond Hill Centre Terminal.

Personally, I would've prefered Viva Light Blue, but eh...

All school related routes and diversions are cancelled for the summer.

15 - Two new weekday trips are being introduced. A 3:35 pm from Wal-Mart and a 4 pm from Eastern Gate. Two trips will have their start times adjusted 5 minutes later (4:15 eastbound and 4:40 westbound).

These two are related... the midday 15 (which normally goes off to the PM 415, then back to the 15 for half a trip) looks like it's gonna do an extra RT. I'm happy, Stouffville no longer has that random 1 hour gap in service while the SS is operating.

23 - Due to 'operational issues in the surrounding residential area' (NIMBYs?), weekday midday and evening trips are no longer serving Rutherford Village Plaza. Trips operate to Lebovic Campus Drive.

Not sure what that's about, as when it turns onto Rutherford to loop there's no residential area there. Maybe the operational issues are related to looping through the plaza at Rutherford/Bathurst?

54 - Routing will be changed to service Yonge Street via Wellington to connect to Viva Blue and service Aurora GO Station. Stone Road service cancelled.

This has been on the books for a year, and gives one of the last 5 routes without a connection to Viva a connection. Probably a good idea, puts more service along Wellington (especially with the elimination of off-peak service of 32). Only question is how will it loop - via McDonald like 33/A does currently, or another way?

303 - New 4:30 pm trip introduced to meet demand.

FINALLY - I thought it's always been horrible that 303 only starts after 5PM, and thankfully there's now another trip. However, how will the bays be sorted out since there's a 301 leaving at 4:30 as well? It would be better for the 303 to be at 4:35 or even 4:25 instead.

This has been on the books for a year, and gives one of the last 5 routes without a connection to Viva a connection. Probably a good idea, puts more service along Wellington (especially with the elimination of off-peak service of 32). Only question is how will it loop - via McDonald like 33/A does currently, or another way?

FINALLY - I thought it's always been horrible that 303 only starts after 5PM, and thankfully there's now another trip. However, how will the bays be sorted out since there's a 301 leaving at 4:30 as well? It would be better for the 303 to be at 4:35 or even 4:25 instead.

We'll find out the loop routing when the route navigator comes out. Oddly, the schedule doesn't mention any stops around Yonge/Wellington.

If the 303 platforming issue becomes a major problem, they'll just change it in the next board period. Maybe it'll just wait until the 301 leaves. *Shrugs*

If the 303 platforming issue becomes a major problem, they'll just change it in the next board period. Maybe it'll just wait until the 301 leaves. *Shrugs*

they could locate it to Platform 8 (Route 2 platform) as with the changes last board there is no Route 2 at 4:30

20 - Rush hour trips adjusted to operate every 18-19 minutes.

ABOUT TIME. Why did they even reduce rush to 25 minutes anyway? Oh right...