Post TTC Application (You've made it! Now let's talk!)

nokia_b0y

Sorry I should have also mentioned that it's my choice to work holidays as i have enough seniority to request them off.

You don't need much seniority to book off holidays. I know two junior Ops with 5-6 months on the job when they asked and got Christmas and New Years Eve off.

Ya I avoid working holidays at this point. Even if I'm on days for the board I'm stuck on night bus. Ruins your whole week.

You not on Vaca board are you?

You don't need much seniority to book off holidays. I know two junior Ops with 5-6 months on the job when they asked and got Christmas and New Years Eve off.

Depends on division/mode, I know my first 2 years I had no choice but to work all the holidays except for family day. Plus not being at full rate for your first 2 years every little bit extra helps and its easy work.

No not on vacation board but its easy to get holidays at Queensway usually all the guys at the bottom are NR for most holiday.

I remember they told me the day I started dont even think about getting off Xmas, new years etc. Didn't work any of them. Seems seniors like holidays here. I've worked two holidays in a year thanksgiving and Canada day and both by choice.

Depends on division/mode, I know my first 2 years I had no choice but to work all the holidays except for family day. Plus not being at full rate for your first 2 years every little bit extra helps and its easy work.

At Mt Dennis is it just lowest guy has to work? I've talked to a few guys at Queensway who are senior but were forced to work over a junior because they were requesting all holidays off while the junior was only asking for that one.

Its not really a problem now cause we have so many NR on holidays but pretty sure if you book this holiday the guy under you gets the next one off over you. I need clarification on that but I know its not simply seniority rules all for holidays at Queensway.

No not on vacation board but its easy to get holidays at Queensway usually all the guys at the bottom are NR for most holiday.

I remember they told me the day I started dont even think about getting off Xmas, new years etc. Didn't work any of them. Seems seniors like holidays here. I've worked two holidays in a year thanksgiving and Canada day and both by choice.

Not really, seniors usually only work Family day and the lesser ones. It really depends on who or how many put slips or don't put slips in.

I tried 2 nites ago, that's why I'm asking. She didn't say much other than she was a "traffic checker".

Officially they check passenger load counts. I'm surprised yours actually got on the bus. Most I see don't even bother anymore, usually you see them in their cars, in a lawn chair under a tree in the summer, etc,. can't imagine how accurate a count that is. A lot are ex-drivers who went down on medicals, so maybe that explains a lot! LOL

I've encountered them in my bus twice already.

I had no idea what was going on both times. I though it was a crazy one second time around because of how she was acting. At the end of the line and seeing she wasn't getting off I asked her politely what was her stop in case she missed it and that's when she said what she was.

I thought she was observing how I drove, the speed and how good were my customer service skills but most of all, if I was checking fares.

Officially they check passenger load counts. I'm surprised yours actually got on the bus. Most I see don't even bother anymore, usually you see them in their cars, in a lawn chair under a tree in the summer, etc,. can't imagine how accurate a count that is. A lot are ex-drivers who went down on medicals, so maybe that explains a lot! LOL

Yeah, I had them many times on my bus out to Westwood.

Quick question I hope someone can help me out with. I'm a new(ish) driver, and my CZ license is expiring this year. The renewal slip I received in the mail states there is a written test ($15.25). Can anyone tell me what to expect with the test? Is it regarding air brakes? (I've tried Googling 'CZ License Renewal Written Test', but haven't found anything helpful.) If I go over my TTC Air Brake handbook from my initial training, will that be adequate? Any help will be appreciated.

Quick question I hope someone can help me out with. I'm a new(ish) driver, and my CZ license is expiring this year. The renewal slip I received in the mail states there is a written test ($15.25). Can anyone tell me what to expect with the test? Is it regarding air brakes? (I've tried Googling 'CZ License Renewal Written Test', but haven't found anything helpful.) If I go over my TTC Air Brake handbook from my initial training, will that be adequate? Any help will be appreciated.

40 questions on C and D (driving distances, how to control speed downhill etc).

20 questions on road signs.

Not sure if there are Z questions

Every 5 years you have to do vision Tests and written for the C and Z upon renewal. If you're actually driving everyday don't see why you'd have to go over anything its all pretty straight forward.

When I was in training they told me you can go do all your tests at hillcrest upon renewal but not sure how that works. Maybe someone who's done it can help.

Every 5 years you have to do vision Tests and written for the C and Z upon renewal. If you're actually driving everyday don't see why you'd have to go over anything its all pretty straight forward.

When I was in training they told me you can go do all your tests at hillcrest upon renewal but not sure how that works. Maybe someone who's done it can help.

First of all, don't be cheap by doing it at Hillcrest. If you do the written tests at Hillcrest, it is free. However, if you fail any of the tests, they will suspend you until you pass the tests. If you are confident enough, you can give the training department a call to set up an appointment. If you fail the test at the MTO office, you can write as many times as you want. Your license won't be suspended until your license expires.

When you are renewing your license, you are required to do the vision test. I only read the MTO air brake book once before I go in to renew my license. The bus component is pretty easy. They ask you stupid questions such as if your bus is behind schedule, you should a) speed to catch up to the schedule B) drive according to the road condition, etc. As for the general knowledge questions, you can google free G license questions to practice. The signs are pretty easy. They are piece of cake. Air brake questions are the hardest as they can be pretty tricky.