Post TTC Application (You've made it! Now let's talk!)

nokia_b0y

No RRSP matching...

There is a calculation of age and years on the job where you can retire early with a near full pension. When you get closer to retirement you can always sit down with a rep and they can work out your entitlement. I'm in the same situation I will definitely not stay till I'm 65 with 30 years on the job so best to prepare outside the pension as well. As I mentioned first things I did were pay off my mortgage and max out TFSA limits. A side from the pension the TTC offers many other benefits, make sure you take advantage of them.... note I didn't say abuse.

Yah, the benefits are definitely very good.

Also another quick question if you don't mind helping me out. Whenever I apply for banking products, they require my employment address and telephone number and I am unsure of what to put down. Should I just put down my division's address and the general HR number to hillcrest? At the same time I don't want banks poking around at my employment though.

Yah, the benefits are definitely very good.

Also another quick question if you don't mind helping me out. Whenever I apply for banking products, they require my employment address and telephone number and I am unsure of what to put down. Should I just put down my division's address and the general HR number to hillcrest? At the same time I don't want banks poking around at my employment though.

I just put division and don't worry as far as I know nothing has ever been followed up on.

Articulated buses that have sometime serve 129 McCowan North has been officially eliminated since they are shifted to 53 Steeles East and 85 Sheppard East. 129 McCowan North is to now only serve with 40ft Orion VII and Orion VII NG.

Articulated buses that have sometime serve 129 McCowan North has been officially eliminated since they are shifted to 53 Steeles East and 85 Sheppard East. 129 McCowan North is to now only serve with 40ft Orion VII and Orion VII NG.

So the fact 9067 and 9102 are on the 129 right now is a complete fabrication?

And what does this have to do with this thread?

Yeah folks don't be afraid to create your own threads so we can all participate in discussions pertaining to the thread.

So are we allowed to bypass a customer if they are smoking profusely or are we to open the door and wait until he finishes? Sometimes I feel like just keep going forward haha

Yeah folks don't be afraid to create your own threads so we can all participate in discussions pertaining to the thread.

So are we allowed to bypass a customer if they are smoking profusely or are we to open the door and wait until he finishes? Sometimes I feel like just keep going forward haha

Bypassed a few, after having a few do the super suck smoke finish and walk on the bus and blow smoke leaves me not impressed. Also when they do the super inhale I hesitate at least 5 seconds after they exhale... they get a little annoyed especially in cold weather but screw it why should I inhale their smoke!

Where did you get the idea you are ever allowed to bypass anyone?

Where did you get the idea you are ever allowed to bypass anyone?

Why do people get the idea I want to breath in their second hand smoke? Not unheard of for operators do leave smokers behind. Some senior operators equate smoking when the bus stops to meaning they don't want the bus.

The only time I've bypassed stops was when I was over tax or when I'm running behind and the same bus is already serving the stop. But for smokers I haven't done it but I'd like to hear situations as second hand smoke poses a health risk in my opinion

Wanted to bypass some this weekend while doing 300. Supervisors loading bus solid when normally only a couple passengers should be getting on even after I told them I'm prob not making it to Pape....so when I got to Broadview and dumped everyone off people were not impressed because oh look the shuttle they should have gotten on just bypassed as I pull into Broadview to express to my regular route... maybe bypassing a few would have been the greater good. I still don't understand why some 300s run 45 mins after subway normally opens.

Well its a good back up, if there's a delay with the start of service. I don't know if its still around, but at around 6:15 - 6:30am ish, there use to be a MTD bus going Westbound around Donlands Coxwell area in service. I think it use to go on to 71.

This 300 which turns into a Kipling bus goes out of service at 648am at Jane, thought that was odd.

The only time I've bypassed stops was when I was over tax or when I'm running behind and the same bus is already serving the stop. But for smokers I haven't done it but I'd like to hear situations as second hand smoke poses a health risk in my opinion

What does pushing the "over tax" button do? I've been on many crowded buses and the operator pushes it as they pass a stop.

Every time an op pushes over tax it is documented by a supervisor to add to Nokia's.

Yea and if you're wondering why that is, it's because if a customer calls in to complain they will clearly see that the operator hit over tax.

Most of the time the stop gets bypassed without informing the customer as its bluntly obvious that the bus is jammed. Some wave there hand indicating the bus is full. You might argue that stopping a filled bus is causing more time delay as you need to open the doors and explain to the customer that person might think we're opening the doors to let them in and then having to say no.

Also just to add, if my bus is jammed packed and I let off 2 people it doesn't mean I can replace those 2 passengers with another 2 I'm already over capacity.

If you're a great driver like me you have them pay when boarding and then kindly ask them to board from the back doors. Everyone loves to leave the back empty for some odd reason especially at the end where we have a few steps people can actually stand there too.

Everyone loves to leave the back empty for some odd reason especially at the end where we have a few steps people can actually stand there too.

The reason the back stays empty is that with people on the stairs and aisle right in the back, it's very difficult for people getting off the bus to get past them. You stand there once or twice, and you quickly learn why no one stands there. There's also a lack of places to hold, so often you have your hand on the seat, where someone is trying to put their head. Once 2 or 3 are standing in the back, it's pretty much full, despite looking empty.

Similar issue on the ALRV and CLRV right at the back, where there is room for 3 or so people to stand, but rarely only 1 ever does, because there isn't a single handhold, and the person furthest back is holding on to the last available thing, leaving some empty floor space behind them. This would easily have remedied with a couple of horizontal bars running along the sideways-facing seats at the rear. Though probably no point yet, as presumably they'll all be gone in another 7 years.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I couldn't find this information anywhere and can't remember if I was told this. How long is the subway training? I remember busses being somsomewhere close to 25 days.

In my information session package it says that subway training is 31 days, I don't know if this is still accurate. Any subway operators who know the answer please correct me if I am mistaken.