CATA (Centre Area Transportation Authority); Discussion, Sightings, News, etc

septa105R5/seClip9

• 1 year later...

Last Saturday 3/18/2017 while I was in transit to State College for a conference, manage to have extra time for a little transitfanning of CATA Bus's Buses in action. As usual because it was Saturday at the time, the New Flyer Xcelsior XN40 handled most of the routes; the other bus I saw at the time was the New Flyer C35LF used on lower ridership routes.

This time with great weather (no wind), I manage capture great sound of their buses without using the wind noise reduction feature. As a result, recording of their Cummins Westport ISL-G on the Xcelsior was successful compare to previous videos I've recorded before.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in State College yesterday for a tour, and decided to get some pictures and videos of CATA. The weather was bad, but I managed to see every model in the fleet (including the C35LF). I saw an El-Dorado CNG, but was unable to photograph it. And of course there were many C40LF and XN40 (including the 2014 models).

IMG_0315.JPG

Also here's my video with a C35LF at the end: 

• Like 3

On 3/20/2017 at 8:54 PM, MAX BRT said:

C35 is a rare bus! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah it is. And great to see CATA still has them though this bus will be 20 next year.

On 4/1/2017 at 0:21 PM, WMATAC40LF said:

I was in State College yesterday for a tour, and decided to get some pictures and videos of CATA. The weather was bad, but I managed to see every model in the fleet (including the C35LF). I saw an El-Dorado CNG, but was unable to photograph it. And of course there were many C40LF and XN40 (including the 2014 models).

IMG_0315.JPG

Also here's my video with a C35LF at the end: 

Nice.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Meanwhile, from recent trip at State College yesterday. Quick video of CATABus New Flyer Xcelsior XN40 and C35LF. Impressed that the New Flyer C35LF is still in service after 21 years on the road!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcs6de4zSPo

On 3/5/2018 at 4:52 PM, Chris W said:

Has CATA gotten any new equipment as of late?

Not that I know of although I've heard in their annual budget report, they wanted to replace their older buses (1998-2000 New Flyer C35LF and C40LF). That depends mainly on funding, etc.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, septa105R5/seClip9 said:

Meanwhile, from recent trip at State College yesterday. Quick video of CATABus New Flyer Xcelsior XN40 and C35LF. Impressed that the New Flyer C35LF is still in service after 21 years on the road!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcs6de4zSPo

Not that I know of although I've heard in their annual budget report, they wanted to replace their older buses (1998-2000 New Flyer C35LF and C40LF). That depends mainly on funding, etc.

When did they last buy new CNGs? Back in 2014?