HSR Bus Drivers

Hybrid0920

please tell what you think about hsr drivers: Some drivers are friendly, most are unprofessional and rude. A few years ago my mom had a dispute with a driver over a transfer. He got so angry he punched her in the arm. The police were called and they got him in trouble. HSR needs to smarten up and control their drivers. Agree? please tell your stories about hsr drivers!

please tell what you think about hsr drivers: Some drivers are friendly, most are unprofessional and rude. A few years ago my mom had a dispute with a driver over a transfer. He got so angry he punched her in the arm. The police were called and they got him in trouble. HSR needs to smarten up and control their drivers. Agree? please tell your stories about hsr drivers!

Unfortunatly, there's not much you can do as someone who's the head of the operational manager have lack of control and bad administration.

For the last 9 years since I rode HSR, alot of the operators are silence. Also, many of the drivers doing mischief. Mind you the passengers in Hamilton are really bad.

'Buschic' will tell you more stories about it as she's been living Hamilton all her life, except recently she moved to TO for better living.

I'm trying to evision a seated driver with their body at a 90 degree angle to the cusomter, punching said customer who is a few feet away. Anyways, I don't feel we need to try to create a thread to complain about one or two bad drivers. It doesn't look good for us... Transit enthusiasts complaining about a few bad drivers we might have encountered. It isn't going to change a single thing. Since this is one of your first posts, I sure hope you didn't join just to hear other people complain about HSR drivers you seem to dislike... that you have mostly lumped altogther as "unprofessional and rude".

Anywho, without having a HSR transfer in hand... I'm sure it more than likely said that if there's a problem with the fare/ transfer... pay the fare and record the details... bus, time, route etc. and contact HSR. Why didn't you mom do that?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if Anything, I will DEFEND the Drivers of the HSR, they are actually some of the nicest people you could ever meet, YES, there are a few "bad apples" but their few and far between, when you look at the way they are treated by BOTH the Company AND the union that is SOPPOSED to represent them, and then you add in the mixture of the evil and mostly RUDE, obnoxious passengers that are in Hamilton, you only have to add those factors up to conclude to why they are usually silent and surly, I will tell you from first hand knowledge, seeing my friends come under attack each and every day, that they have a right to be silent, if not polite and cheerful.

I dare you to go spend a few hours on the 1 KING, 2 BARTON, 5C West Hamilton, 41 Mohawk, 25-26 Up, Wentworth/Wellington on a Friday night or a Saturday night, even during McMaster school year, I will GARUNTEE you wont be thinking the same afterwords! I have personally seen my friends get attacked in many ways.

I infact know at least 5-7 DIFFERENT people that have had to take time off from being injured, and that is IF HSR will allow them to.

I have witnessed too many nasty incidences to speak of here, some would make your skin crawl.

My best friend had Cancer due to the job and was not even allowed off time to go for treatments :P , they had to take time off, not even talking about sick days here, WORKING DAYS, to be able to get the treatments they needed.

:blink: So, sorry, if you want to hear driver bashing, DO NOT come to me. :P

;) Yes there are jerks within HSR, but not enough to really speak of.....unless it stays OFF-RECORD, then there are many, not including the few drivers that can be jack*****..... ;)

Hamilton is the only transit agency that while photographing I have not been harassed. I find the drivers are very nice, they adhere to their schedules as well as they can, and help customers. They are not afraid to have a conversation during layovers, or make a comment to you about the bus they are driving, which is also the one you just photographed. Overall, some of the best drivers I have ever seen.

When I went fanning the HSR, all the jerks were out driving. Some lady bitched at us because we asked about the GO fare discount and got a rude response "NOT ON MY BUS!!!!". Then there was that guy who photographed us while photographing his CNG V. Yeah, lovely HSR drivers!!

When I went fanning the HSR, all the jerks were out driving. Some lady bitched at us because we asked about the GO fare discount and got a rude response "NOT ON MY BUS!!!!". Then there was that guy who photographed us while photographing his CNG V. Yeah, lovely HSR drivers!!

Must be bad timing on your behalf, Kyle W.

Actually, if Anything, I will DEFEND the Drivers of the HSR, they are actually some of the nicest people you could ever meet, YES, there are a few "bad apples" but their few and far between, when you look at the way they are treated by BOTH the Company AND the union that is SOPPOSED to represent them, and then you add in the mixture of the evil and mostly RUDE, obnoxious passengers that are in Hamilton, you only have to add those factors up to conclude to why they are usually silent and surly, I will tell you from first hand knowledge, seeing my friends come under attack each and every day, that they have a right to be silent, if not polite and cheerful.

I dare you to go spend a few hours on the 1 KING, 2 BARTON, 5C West Hamilton, 41 Mohawk, 25-26 Up, Wentworth/Wellington on a Friday night or a Saturday night, even during McMaster school year, I will GARUNTEE you wont be thinking the same afterwords! I have personally seen my friends get attacked in many ways.

I infact know at least 5-7 DIFFERENT people that have had to take time off from being injured, and that is IF HSR will allow them to.

I have witnessed too many nasty incidences to speak of here, some would make your skin crawl.

My best friend had Cancer due to the job and was not even allowed off time to go for treatments :P , they had to take time off, not even talking about sick days here, WORKING DAYS, to be able to get the treatments they needed.

:blink: So, sorry, if you want to hear driver bashing, DO NOT come to me. :P

;) Yes there are jerks within HSR, but not enough to really speak of.....unless it stays OFF-RECORD, then there are many, not including the few drivers that can be jack*****..... ;)

Buschic, yes those are the ones you've told me about in the past and I can pretty much figure out the good from the bad during the times that I'd be around the HSR area.

To be specific, I can recall a time when I was on a 1A-King going westbound to downtown. The bus was crowded...a 02 C40LF no less. She was boarding passengers just past Gage IIRC...when one of them boarded, he complained why it's so crowded at the front. The drivers' response: "Just blame the people who haven't moved back which is why they're at the farebox."

I don't think that guy boarded. Nevertheless, it made me want to get off at the very next stop, which I did. I gave the driver when exiting my traditional, "Have a good day/night." No response from the driver...It didn't bother me. But I knew how the feeling was at the front of the moving bus... ;)

That had to have been the longest sentence I have ever read.

If they don't like the way they are being treated, they should quit and find another job. Not only is this terrible for customer service, its terrible for company morale.

Rude and obnoxious passengers are part of the job, if one can not handle it, they are clearly in the wrong industry.

When I board the bus, I don't give a rats ass how management or the union treats you. When I say hello, I expect a smile and nod at the very minimum. As I said before, rude people are part of the job, what you are saying is no excuse.

That comment is non-sense. There are regulatory government bodies that would never allow HSR to force injured operators to drive. Surely someone wold have went to the labour board by now if it was all that bad.

What sort of injuries are you talking about anyway? As physically demanding of a job as driving a bus is, I can't see too many people getting hurt, although yes, it does happen.

If it's that bad, she should find another job.

That had to have been the longest sentence I have ever read.

If they don't like the way they are being treated, they should quit and find another job. Not only is this terrible for customer service, its terrible for company morale.

Rude and obnoxious passengers are part of the job, if one can not handle it, they are clearly in the wrong industry.

When I board the bus, I don't give a rats ass how management or the union treats you. When I say hello, I expect a smile and nod at the very minimum. As I said before, rude people are part of the job, what you are saying is no excuse.

That comment is non-sense. There are regulatory government bodies that would never allow HSR to force injured operators to drive. Surely someone wold have went to the labour board by now if it was all that bad.

What sort of injuries are you talking about anyway? As physically demanding of a job as driving a bus is, I can't see too many people getting hurt, although yes, it does happen.

If it's that bad, she** should find another job.

You are so insensitive it is disgusting, I wont even validate your sarcasam, with responses, just to say, people like YOU are the problem that keeps good people from doing a good job, your kind of comments inflict severe damage to morale, get a brain and get into reality.

**this driver has many years of service, who is going to hire a 62 year old woman bus driver? not many, so that is WHY they stay!!

You are so insensitive it is disgusting, I wont even validate your sarcasam, with responses, just to say, people like YOU are the problem that keeps good people from doing a good job, your kind of comments inflict severe damage to morale, get a brain and get into reality.

**this driver has many years of service, who is going to hire a 62 year old woman bus driver? not many, so that is WHY they stay!!

With all due respect sweetheart, I've been around the transit industry for a little while now. I have first hand experience with the atmosphere and attitudes that are present at such a government entity.

You know only what she tells you. I on the other hand, see everything from a different perspective.

I am a sceptic. I have every reason to be after seeing and hearing everything that I have. If you only knew half of what goes on behind the walls of a system such as HSR, your head would spin.

You have NO idea how people work the system, because it is flawed, and most companies don't have people who are willing to take on these false claims of injury, nor have they the time.

As for who would hire a 62 year old woman, my company would. We are an equal opportunity employer.

Do me a favour and next time you decide to spew garbage about me "getting a brain", stop and think for a moment. Maybe then you'll realize that your ignorance can't possibly allow you to see the whole picture.

On the whole, I would say that my experiences with HSR employee's have been very positive in my 5 years living here, especially compared to TTC employees. I would blame the latter on Toronto being a very dense, big city with a large base of immigrants or otherwise "new to the city" passengers that either have very little english speaking skills, or who just aren't accustomed to the city layout... or both. These can both be very taxing on any driver's patience. Hamilton is for the most part a blue collar, working city full of people who have lived in the immediate area for a long time and who speak fluent english. There are less routes, only one kind of surface transit to worry about and the crowds are usually less hectic than would be on the TTC. The traffic is also much less congested, mostly owing to the one way street system (which is both a blessing and a curse, depending on the issue). These things make for a much more managable drive for the employee's of the HSR (although I'm sure those better informed and in the know would deny me of this fact).

Just some ideas to throw out there.

My best friend had Cancer due to the job and was not even allowed off time to go for treatments :angry: , they had to take time off, not even talking about sick days here, WORKING DAYS, to be able to get the treatments they needed.

:( So, sorry, if you want to hear driver bashing, DO NOT come to me. :P

hey buschic,,, i know most of the drivers are nice, i have a friend that drives the 25/26 upper wentworth/wellington. his name is john. he is the nicest man you will find. (bring him some food and he will be happier)lol. if drivers need time off, i think they should get it. i believe john had 2 heart attacks (glad he recovered) but he got all the time off he needed :) if you can , get to know him.he is an older man with white hair. has a big belly...lol. bye!

• 1 month later...

hey buschic,,, i know most of the drivers are nice, i have a friend that drives the 25/26 upper wentworth/wellington. his name is john. he is the nicest man you will find. (bring him some food and he will be happier)lol. if drivers need time off, i think they should get it. i believe john had 2 heart attacks (glad he recovered) but he got all the time off he needed ;) if you can , get to know him.he is an older man with white hair. has a big belly...lol. bye!

OH MY GOD! , YOU know "Poppa" I have known that man since I was 6 years old, he ahs been one of my closest friends for YEARS!

LOL ask Chris or Matthew they are two wonderful young men that ride with him all the time, I miss John horribly, I never got to say goodbye when I left Hamilton, I miss him so much, he helped me through a lot of challanges through my life.

Sweetest person you could EVER know. HANDS DOWN.

OH MY GOD! , YOU know "Poppa" I have known that man since I was 6 years old, he ahs been one of my closest friends for YEARS!

LOL ask Chris or Matthew they are two wonderful young men that ride with him all the time, I miss John horribly, I never got to say goodbye when I left Hamilton, I miss him so much, he helped me through a lot of challanges through my life.

Hey, By the way, chris is my cousin... and john just came back again from surgery... is this the same chris i am talking about?

John is retiring next year!!! that is sad!!! :lol: i will never see him again!!

Hey, By the way, chris is my cousin... and john just came back again from surgery... is this the same chris i am talking about?

John is retiring next year!!! that is sad!!! :D i will never see him again!!

Yup thats the one!

I have to go see John soon, I am going to be in Hamilton next friday, so I will probally go see him.