First Student Canada

School Bus 101

Got a photo of R388 today. Had to leave school boundaries to photo this one: http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

I spotted R394 parked in Dover earlier today. Same body and style as R388.

As well, here are photos of 2581 and 3082 captured in Erinwoods the past couple of days:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vehicle-images/8703206606/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vehicle-images/8702084579/

Today , Went to Greenview Industrial where most of the First @ Student Canada buses are stored and I got around 200 shots. They will be eventually uploaded on my Flickr page. Apparently most of the shots aren't great.

When I first went to Greenview Industrial there were signs about security in the area and roving patrols. Now that I think about it I don't remember any signs of them anymore. Has anyone else noticed them recently?

Today , Went to Greenview Industrial where most of the First @ Student Canada buses are stored and I got around 200 shots. They will be eventually uploaded on my Flickr page. Apparently most of the shots aren't great.

Why do you spell First Student Canada as First @ Student Canada? But yeah, images would/will always be appreciated!

When I first went to Greenview Industrial there were signs about security in the area and roving patrols. Now that I think about it I don't remember any signs of them anymore. Has anyone else noticed them recently?

Having been to this location numerous times, I have never seen a patrol car or other forms of security, but there are several signs posted throughout the area.

I've only seen one of those signs. People were watching me taking photos. Nobody seemed to care. When I went to Spring Gardens earlier today one of the fences were open and two security guys wrote down my dads license plate and followed me because they thought I was trespassing. I only walked around the fences beside 32nd Avenue and the back of the garage taking photos. I walked into a couple bus yards in Greenview , Someone was watching but they knew I was only taking pictures.

I've only seen one of those signs. People were watching me taking photos. Nobody seemed to care. When I went to Spring Gardens earlier today one of the fences were open and two security guys wrote down my dads license plate and followed me because they thought I was trespassing. I only walked around the fences beside 32nd Avenue and the back of the garage taking photos. I walked into a couple bus yards in Greenview , Someone was watching but they knew I was only taking pictures.

Wait, you went into First Student Canada's yards?!

Yes , One where the retired coaches are and one where they had some new buses stored.

But yeah, if one wants to go into the yard "legally", you should go into First Student's office and ask them for permission. However, it is perfectly fine to take pictures of buses that are parked in public places (such as North Pointe). However, the first time I was at the Main Yards, I unknowingly drove into the body shop area behind the office and the workers just smiled as I took pictures.

Please do not do that... trespassing is not welcomed on this board as well as not welcomed by First Student. My photos have all been taken of First Student buses from outside their property.

But yeah, if one wants to go into the yard "legally", you should go into First Student's office and ask them for permission.

I actually asked permission to go in the retired buses yard. For the new buses I just tooked one shot of one bus and that was it. I didn't mean to make any problems.

At Spring it looked like you were in the employee parking lot. Although it is not fenced off it is still a secured location shared by transit and roads.

I actually asked permission to go in the retired buses yard. For the new buses I just tooked one shot of one bus and that was it. I didn't mean to make any problems.

May I ask, who did you ask to get permission? I just would like to know so that I know who to ask next time I go there.

At Spring it looked like you were in the employee parking lot. Although it is not fenced off it is still a secured location shared by transit and roads.

My father parked on the far end parking lot. Your most likely correct. I didn't see a sign that said employee parking lot.

Well, if that's the case, you didn't indicate that earlier... which is why all these responses have occurred. Please let us know the fact that you got permission in the future so you don't have to go through this.

Well, if that's the case, you didn't indicate that earlier... which is why all these responses have occurred. Please let us know the fact that you got permission in the future so you don't have to go through this.

So if you get permission, you can upload photos? Anyway, let's stop the discussion of this to avoid filling up this thread with a bunch of questions about trespassing, permission, and transit related discussion.

May I ask, who did you ask to get permission? I just would like to know so that I know who to ask next time I go there.

I didn't get a name. One of the ladies was driving one of the buses and I asked her if I can go in one of the yards and she said only for a few minutes.

Greatcoinz, I just want to let you know that no one on here is trying to give you a hard time. We all understand how easy it is to go for that one shot in the excitement of seeing something cool or interesting. I know you are young, compared to most of us at least, and most of us have had situation happen that have bitten us in the a**. Although I, and others on this board, work in the transit industry there are things we see that we don't post about, there are things that we photograph that we don't show to people. Just remember that and you will be ok, whether you work in transit or not.

But didn't he get permission from someone (ex. yard manager, mechanic)

I mostly took photos outside the fence. The yards were all open. They weren't fence off. If I'm causing this amount of confusion I'll just not upload the ones that look like I'm inside First @ Student Canada property. I mostly took shots through one of the little holes in the fence. Sorry to create too much confusion.

Greatcoinz, I just want to let you know that no one on here is trying to give you a hard time. We all understand how easy it is to go for that one shot in the excitement of seeing something cool or interesting. I know you are young, compared to most of us at least, and most of us have had situation happen that have bitten us in the a**. Although I, and others on this board, work in the transit industry there are things we see that we don't post about, there are things that we photograph that we don't show to people. Just remember that and you will be ok, whether you work in transit or not.

Thanks D40LF.