TTC Application Process

ericgu22

You are incorrect. My badge is lower than my training classmate yet I pick before them in sign up. I asked the Day General, she said because I beat my training classmate to the medical, my seniority is higher than my classmate. That's the difference betweening doing a late relief verus doing night bus on my first month in.

I believe medical matters if you start the same day but if you start two separate days it means squat is all I'm saying.

You are incorrect. My badge is lower than my training classmate yet I pick before them in sign up. I asked the Day General, she said because I beat my training classmate to the medical, my seniority is higher than my classmate. That's the difference betweening doing a late relief verus doing night bus on my first month in.

Leyland, when you say lower you mean lower number badge number correct? Therefore you would pick before your partner. If you all started the same day then badge number should go in numerical order.

You haven't been reading the threads, you should start on that

I am reading the thread but there is so much to read. Plus there are lots of posts in the thread that are not even related to the application process. This is the reason I posted my query.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!!

Just finished my interview, pretty confident that I did well though I could have answered some questions better. All and all, it wasn't as intense as I thought, though I wouldn't say it was easy. Should know the result within a month.

Good job. All the best!!

I just went yesterday for documentation signing, pictures and uniform fittings and went great.

I noticed earlier some posts on badge numbers and seniority.

The badge numbers were assigned to us on documentation day, they were in numbered order down the list and it does goes by your medical date but you don't get your badge number until documentation date.

So in my group of 12, I was number 10 (which kinda sucked), so depending on your documentation date and when your medical is it will determine your spot on the list of 12, you will only gain seniority with that group of 12 if your medical was done months before and not with people already started or had documentation signing.

I was told at documentation I probably won't get a call until March or April 2015

I just went yesterday for documentation signing, pictures and uniform fittings and went great.

I noticed earlier some posts on badge numbers and seniority.

The badge numbers were assigned to us on documentation day, they were in numbered order down the list and it does goes by your medical date but you don't get your badge number until documentation date.

So in my group of 12, I was number 10 (which kinda sucked), so depending on your documentation date and when your medical is it will determine your spot on the list of 12, you will only gain seniority with that group of 12 if your medical was done months before and not with people already started or had documentation signing.

I was told at documentation I probably won't get a call until March or April 2015

Excellent feedback, thank-you very much! :)

sorry what i meant was I had a higher number. I shouldn't post stuff like 4 in the morning.

Something weird there. If you all started the same day it should be in order of badge number lowest to highest. If it works to your advantage I wouldn't pursue it because I know a similiar case where a clerical error led to one op picking before another for a few boards. Finally when that op asked obviously he was new and didn't understand everything going on but after they looked into it they realized he should have been ahead of the other and being junior that meant night bus or no night bus.

Something weird there. If you all started the same day it should be in order of badge number lowest to highest. If it works to your advantage I wouldn't pursue it because I know a similiar case where a clerical error led to one op picking before another for a few boards. Finally when that op asked obviously he was new and didn't understand everything going on but after they looked into it they realized he should have been ahead of the other and being junior that meant night bus or no night bus.yes

also he/she may be one choice away from their ideal work. Aside from the seniority ranking, it is always to get everything out of the way in order to get your application process sooner.

I am reading the thread but there is so much to read. Plus there are lots of posts in the thread that are not even related to the application process. This is the reason I posted my query.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!!

Good job. All the best!!

Hi mani555

I signed conditional on 22nd of August.

I m still waiting for Documentation. And I know one more guy who is slso waiting.

Don't worry they will definitely caĺl us.

Hope this help. I m following this thread since long time and each case is different.

Hi mani555

I signed conditional on 22nd of August.

I m still waiting for Documentation. And I know one more guy who is slso waiting.

Don't worry they will definitely caĺl us.

Hope this help. I m following this thread since long time and each case is different.

Thanks for the reply BETTC. It really helped. I am okay with waiting but am just concerned if everything is in order.

Thanks once again and all the best!!

Regards

mani555

Just got a call from one of my references to say that they have been contacted, is this a good sign?

I would suspect your training will commence early in the new year. Usually references are contacted within a couple weeks of your start date but being this late in the year I am sure you will be in one of the first classes of 2015.

I would suspect your training will commence early in the new year. Usually references are contacted within a couple weeks of your start date but being this late in the year I am sure you will be in one of the first classes of 2015.

I haven't received a conditional offer yet, I just had my interview on Thursday the 27th of November.

Only if they gave you a good referral.

They said they did, I guess I'll find out soon enough. Is it normal for them to contact references before they give you an offer? I've read in past posts that some people authorized reference checks after their conditional offer signing. I authorized mine right before my interview.

They said they did, I guess I'll find out soon enough. Is it normal for them to contact references before they give you an offer? I've read in past posts that some people authorized reference checks after their conditional offer signing. I authorized mine right before my interview.

Hey TTCOpITM......you are right behind me in the process.

I had interview on Oct 17. I also authorized my references on the day of my interview.

Only 3 of my 4 references were called and were called in week four (following the interview).

Week 5, I was offered conditional over the phone by HR on the Monday, and contacted by administration

on that Friday to set up conditional signing and medical date.

So my references were called before the conditional offer and my medical was done before signing the

official conditional paperwork.

Hope this helps but it sounds like positive news if your references are being called.....Good luck!!!

ImHopin2

hey TTC i had my interview Sept.29 done conditional and medical, now just waiting for police clearance and its been over a month so expect a very long wait for training start date. I hipe this helps.

Hey TTCOpITM......you are right behind me in the process.

I had interview on Oct 17. I also authorized my references on the day of my interview.

Only 3 of my 4 references were called and were called in week four (following the interview).

Week 5, I was offered conditional over the phone by HR on the Monday, and contacted by administration

on that Friday to set up conditional signing and medical date.

So my references were called before the conditional offer and my medical was done before signing the

official conditional paperwork.

Hope this helps but it sounds like positive news if your references are being called.....Good luck!!!

ImHopin2

Thanks so much ImHopin2, your information has been very helpful. It looks like the process is proceeding in the same order for me as it did for you. I wonder if I could receive the call for the offer as early as next week.

hey TTC i had my interview Sept.29 done conditional and medical, now just waiting for police clearance and its been over a month so expect a very long wait for training start date. I hipe this helps.

Thanks Azriel28for the info. Yeah, I'm bracing my self for a very long wait for training start date. All that really matters to me right now is that I receive a conditional offer. Once that happens and I do my medical and police checks, I'll be content to wait for training. I don't expect to start until at least June anyway seeing as there are many people ahead of me that still have not received a start date. Good luck!!!