TTC Application Process

ericgu22

You're going to get pics taken for id, uniform measurements and you'll be filling out a phonebooks size mountain of paperwork. Good times.

Would that be the Yello pages or the White Pages phone book? Just kidding Thanks for the info, I look forward to the carpal tunnel when my time comes.

Congrats to all who have made it threw this process and are training and or waiting to start training.

Once again thank you to all the op's for their words of wisdome and to the applicants who post their progress and give some insight into what's instore for us waiting.

I'm going documentation on Monday, the recruiter was suppose to send me a email regarding what I need to bring. Have no recurve the email, so I'm wondering if the members that went to doc can give me some info on what I need to bring. Thanks

* Drivers Licence

Drivers Abstract (Your Abstract must not be more than 6mth old)

* SIN Card

*A VOID cheque or Direct Deposit form from your bank

*The Original Police Clearance Letter (received from Toronto Police Services, marked CLEAR on the top right hand corner)

* The Full Name and Date of Birth for your Spouse/Common Law Partner, and any dependants. Also the Employee Number (if you’re Spouse/Common-Law, is a current TTC employee)

* If your Spouse/Ex-Spouse has family coverage, (UNDER ANOTHER PLAN), Please provide the name of dependents that are covered.

* Name of Educational Institution your dependants attend, if they are a Full-time Student

* Name and Date of Birth for your Beneficiaries and Contingent Beneficiaries, for your Group Life Insurance (Part of your Benefit Package at TTC)

Yes!! Someone finally called me saying that I passed the interview! It took like almost 2 months because there was something wrong with "emailing" one of my references.

Also my original interviewer retired like 2 weeks ago and he forgot all about me which sorta delayed the process for me even more lol. The lady told me in couple of weeks someone will call you for dates for the medical and police clearence. She then said my last thing would be conditional. Hope everything goes well!

Yes!! Someone finally called me saying that I passed the interview! It took like almost 2 months because there was something wrong with "emailing" one of my references.

Also my original interviewer retired like 2 weeks ago and he forgot all about me which sorta delayed the process for me even more lol. The lady told me in couple of weeks someone will call you for dates for the medical and police clearence. She then said my last thing would be conditional. Hope everything goes well!

Congratulations

Just got an email saying that MTO approved my medical and that someone should call me for documentation within the next month or so. I should start training sometime in either March or April!!! I'm so excited!!!

COngrats TTCOpITM

That's right if you're heading to Birchmount. Not listed above, you can get pulled to do a Line 1, 2 or 3 shuttle at a moments notice as well.

Thanks a.dicion for info

Just got to sign conditional today...

Congratulations TTC-2015

Hi Buddies, I saw in one thread " Documentation takes more or less 4 hours". What are you going to be asked? and what kind of activities in the documentation? Can you give us more explanation.

you are going to sign your life off with TTC :) getting your employee number

Congratulations..everything took two months to go to next step in TTC in my case .

Thats amazing dude!!! Congrats. Lets hope training goes well for you!

Just got an email saying that MTO approved my medical and that someone should call me for documentation within the next month or so. I should start training sometime in either March or April!!! I'm so excited!!!

Thats amazing dude! Congrats! Lets hope everything goes well for you!

Completed day 5 of training yesterday. Instructors are excellent and driving is fun. Good luck too all my friend here :)

could you please give me some idea of what time to what time the training schedule is? Also how is the lunch break works? First day we go to 1138 Bathurst do we stay all day there or we move to our division? Do we get our photo ID the day one? or we still need to use token to go to training whole month?

could you please give me some idea of what time to what time the training schedule is? Also how is the lunch break works? First day we go to 1138 Bathurst do we stay all day there or we move to our division? Do we get our photo ID the day one? or we still need to use token to go to training whole month?

Training is 7-3. They say be 15 mins early. At least half hour break for lunch. ID on day 1, gets you free transit and parking at a few stations.

Day 2 at your home division.

Your day begins at 7 am and ends at 3 pm. First day at 1138 Bathurst and 2nd day onwards your home division. You will get a training schedule you need to follow for next 25 days. You will be reporting to bathurst office for your assessments but will be spending major time at your home division. You will get your photo ID on day one and loads of study material so bring a big bag preferably the one with wheels so you dont have to carry it around. Lunch breaks depend on the instructor. My instructor wants us to spend as much time in driving as possible so we take our lunch inside the bus. We are two trainees so when one of us is driving the other can have lunch. Remember, spending more time in driving is more important than lunch. Also, make sure you review your notes and study material everyday. Dont be complacent. Training is fun and you will surely enjoy it. All the best!!

P.S. NEVER BE LATE. Be there 15 mins before the class start time.

Your day begins at 7 am and ends at 3 pm. First day at 1138 Bathurst and 2nd day onwards your home division. You will get a training schedule you need to follow for next 25 days. You will be reporting to bathurst office for your assessments but will be spending major time at your home division. You will get your photo ID on day one and loads of study material so bring a big bag preferably the one with wheels so you dont have to carry it around. Lunch breaks depend on the instructor. My instructor wants us to spend as much time in driving as possible so we take our lunch inside the bus. We are two trainees so when one of us is driving the other can have lunch. Remember, spending more time in driving is more important than lunch. Also, make sure you review your notes and study material everyday. Dont be complacent. Training is fun and you will surely enjoy it. All the best!!

P.S. NEVER BE LATE. Be there 15 mins before the class start time.

Don't worry driving is the easy part. Dealing with the public and their constant criticism is the most challenging part. I found the training to be quite enjoyable and the instructors were excellent. Enjoy the early finish and weekends off while you can. Just watch out for an instructor whose name starts with a G.

Hahaha it was the "A" that was the hard one while I was going through training.

Trust me "The G" is the worst one. PM me if anyone wants to know.

Any tips for day 16?

Stay cool, don't panic and if you make a mistake don't let it bother you. The route can be easily found out so if your familiar with it before hand it helps....I believe anyways. Cover your brakes, railroad crossing, cross walks, big alternate, easy round about turn...etc...if you do it at Wilson.

Don't worry driving is the easy part. Dealing with the public and their constant criticism is the most challenging part. I found the training to be quite enjoyable and the instructors were excellent. Enjoy the early finish and weekends off while you can. Just watch out for an instructor whose name starts with a G.

Thanks for the info. My instructor is neither A nor G, and he is excellent. I guess I am lucky :)