Portland TriMet

Nabinut

18 hours ago, RoseCityBusMan said:

Yeah. Trimet could repair it and repaint it (like Max Car 235) or it will become the first Gillig BRT of Trimet to be retried. I see the latter being likely.

Nope it's getting totaled, and 3244 is getting totaled aswell

3244 is the frist one to get retired, 3145 is the 2nd

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Trimetwes Fan1003 said:

Is there a reason the RDCs engines would be running when they are not being used in service. Went to the WES commuter rail yard yesterday and the RDCs had their engines running.

they just run them when they are working on them

• Thanks 1

Do you know what cars are they. 

Trimet likes to do weird stuff with their branding. For example, 233 is a Type 2 but Trimet put Newer logos on the side of the train.

IMG_20231015_170211.thumb.jpg.255d9db4f45db3f65e288cc02cfc8566.jpg

They did the same thing to 116. They also did it to a 2400 bus aswell. Even the signs aren't safe with a sign at Sunset Transit Center. Trimet oddly decided to redo all the logo on the Type 2s in the front for some reason. I'm curious why they do that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RoseCityBusMan said:

Trimet likes to do weird stuff with their branding. For example, 233 is a Type 2 but Trimet put Newer logos on the side of the train.

They did the same thing to 116. They also did it to a 2400 bus as well. Even the signs aren't safe with a sign at Sunset Transit Center. Trimet oddly decided to redo all the logo on the Type 2s in the front for some reason. I'm curious why they do that

It's probably because TriMet wants to phase out the old logo. the last time i saw is type 2 with the old logo on the front was in 2018. Most type 2s still have old logos on the sides tho. 

9 hours ago, Trimetwes Fan1003 said:

I just saw a type 2 or 3 in a phase 4 wrap. the fronts were still white.

7 hours ago, RoseCityBusMan said:

They did the same thing to 116. They also did it to a 2400 bus aswell. Even the signs aren't safe with a sign at Sunset Transit Center. Trimet oddly decided to redo all the logo on the Type 2s in the front for some reason. I'm curious why they do that

It's car 250. They have wrapped it into the new paint scheme. This matches the information that TriMet has already shared on social media. (and btw, TriMet doesn't officially call it 'phase 4')

https://t.co/rfvsrKn2hu

• Sad 1