Valley Metro (Phoenix)

ABQ RIDE

I wonder if the RPTA will be receiving any more Gilligs.  Considering that Valley Metro mentioned that the New Flyer contract enabled them to receive more buses, this makes me wonder if they are dissatisfied with their latest batch of Gilligs and decided to replace the remaining batch of 2006 C40LFRs with New Flyer XN40s.

I think the wording was poor. The "New Flyer contract" might refer to the order announced a year ago for 10 XN60s (8521-8530) plus 11 XN60 options.  The options would "enable them to receive more buses."

Then again, the 2017 New Flyer contract planned for 11 XN40s in 2018; maybe those are the "more buses".

On 3/15/2018 at 8:10 AM, The XDE60 said:

Spotted 8105 on the 41E this morning. Has anybody seen a number higher?

Found #8113 operating on 60 Bethany Home today, Been noticing 60 footers on the 60 lately. At least 1 mostly on Fridays and once in a while during the week, most of the time there are Gilligs and 2007 D40LF. On the weekends sometimes there is a NABI.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, 3we said:

It's common on Southern and University. I don't know if that group has been assigned to Baseline.

Meanwhile, today on Ray Road, 6772.  On Monday, 6776

I wonder how many buses out of Mesa currently operate on the 77.  77 is mostly from Tempe, with only a small number of buses from Mesa.