2006-2007 Edmonton and area spottings

M. Parsons

• Board Admin

Rode 1034 again - I couldn't hear anything coming from the motors again. I'll have to ride a "normal" one home later to compare. I don't know if they disabled them temporarily to see if that would fix the light problem, but it didn't. :)

Addition: I did hear fans on 1011 riding home today when stopped at a station, but I could be totally wrong. Next time someone rides 1034, tell me if I'm crazy or not. :D Also, it has been running as the centre car lately (James).

SCT 914 rolled in on driver training, with 1001 and a older LFS already in the transit centre as well. Would have made for a nice picture.

Back to the usual spottings report:

The hybrids are back in service on the 106.

6005s2zc9.th.jpg

My usual 106 GM was 4005 today.

4005s2bq2.th.jpg

Rode 628 on the 109 and saw the grey seats and black front.

628s2fd3.th.jpg

And no sign of 229 or 597! I guess this is the beginning of a new time (I liked it before, though) :)

Also, it has been running as the centre car lately (James).

It was the lead car yesterday!

Not sure if James mentioned it on here... a little while ago #1034 was out all by itself. At least until the afternoon bump up.

It was the north. I'm not sure exactly how they make up trains in the garage, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just added a car onto 1034's north end.

It was the lead car yesterday!

Not sure if James mentioned it on here... a little while ago #1034 was out all by itself. At least until the afternoon bump up.

It was the north. I'm not sure exactly how they make up trains in the garage, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just added a car onto 1034's north end.

That i belive would have been Jan 1st...maybe it was the 6th.. but it was by itself!

• Board Admin

Strathcona County Transit:

870 on Driver Training.

ETS:

138, 139

257 and 129 on route 3.

181 got changed over with 170.

My post-secondary pass just says "Monthly" on it. Is there any distinguishable between a Post Sec and Adult Monthly now? Or did the person give me the wrong type? :)

John had unit # 180 on the Route 3 this morning. Geoff is back from his vacation. I REALLY hope he signed the Route 3.

My post-secondary pass just says "Monthly" on it. Is there any distinguishable between a Post Sec and Adult Monthly now? Or did the person give me the wrong type?

Where did you buy the pass and how much did you pay ? If you bought it at U of A and paid $54.00 then that is what distinguishes it from the Adult Monthly Pass. Most likely you were given the wrong pass. AFAIK the post secondary passes still have 'Post-Sec' written on them. They (Post-Secondary passes) have the same restrictions (or non-restrictions) as the Adult Monthly pass.

• Board Admin

Of course I bought it at the U of A for $54, I'm asian, remember? :)

The cashier even asked if I was buying an Adult or Student one, and I did pay the right price, so maybe they ran out. That was the whole reason I was wondering...Why would they ask and give me the wrong one? :D

After reading this, I of course went to check my U of A pass. On the front, it too just says monthly. however, on the back about a third of the way down (under the bus and LRV icons, and below where it says "2007 Adult monthly Pass Transferable"), there is a green bar interupted by a small circle near the right edge. Inside the circle there is a PS, which I guess is the only distinguishing feature between an adult and post-secondary pass now.

Of course I bought it at the U of A for $54, I'm asian, remember? :)

The cashier even asked if I was buying an Adult or Student one, and I did pay the right price, so maybe they ran out. That was the whole reason I was wondering...Why would they ask and give me the wrong one? :D

• Board Admin

Ah, I didn't pick up on that. Subtle.

There wasn't really a point on having Post Sec on the other ones anyway. It's not like the driver cares you paid 5 bucks less a month for it.

So I take it you got let off early from your 1400 class. :)

Yeah, first class so the syllabus got handed out, usual talk about not plagirising, and an overview of the course, and we were set loose.

Ah, I didn't pick up on that. Subtle.

There wasn't really a point on having Post Sec on the other ones anyway. It's not like the driver cares you paid 5 bucks less a month for it.

So I take it you got let off early from your 1400 class. :)

I swear that the bus gods were doing me a favor today in light of this new 220 bus order thing. I rode nothing but GMs today. They were 650, 320, 951, and 732.

Also, it appears that the electronic number box on the Hybrids is actually being used for something. Today on the 106, the box was displaying 106:

p1090482gr5.th.jpg

• Board Admin

Interesting! If it was doing its proper job, it would be display 1060#, # being the run number. However, those boxes only fit 4 numbers, so I'm not sure what they would display. :)

Does anyone know the run numbers that the hybrids are usually on?

A fire at 95 Street and 107 Avenue this evening. Most of the Route 5's got C/O ( I think a couple may have stayed trolley). The road was opened both directions just after at 2000. Most of the Route 5's got C/O with artics coming off the Route 9. I caught Unit # 4902. The nice guy with the short black hair (Run 504) was driving it. He said it was Jason's bus earlier. During my 'short' wait at WTC I talked to Pally & Sergio on the Route 128.

Since there was no wire break/power outage, they could have ran the Route 5's along 97 Street to 111 Avenue in both directions. But that is just my thought on the subject.

After a while they started C/O the artics. Instead of changing them back over to trolleys (like they should have) they were C/O them with D40LF's.

Unit # 128 on the Route 3 has a R/S headlamp out.

John had Unit # 180 this morning and Laura Lee had Unit # 160 on the Route 5.

A fire at 95 Street and 107 Avenue this evening. Most of the Route 5's got C/O ( I think a couple may have stayed trolley). Most of the Route 5's got C/O with artics coming off the Route 9.

And of course i had to be at a meeting when artics would have come by my house.. would have been some neat photoshopping to turn them into trolley artics

And of course i had to be at a meeting when artics would have come by my house.. would have been some neat photoshopping to turn them into trolley artics

Well, you could do that with any artic pic :huh:

You can get them anywhere along the route 9, and if you time it right, parts of Jasper Ave as well.

Weather is crazy this morning. Many accidents, Many delays. LRT is running on reduced speed of maximum of 50km/h! However as usual Trolleys on the 5 on time!

Here is a picture of a GITS (GMC's in the Snow)

gits1.JPG

Here is a picture of a DITS (D40LF in the Snow)

4273_1.JPG

And BEST OF ALL!! TITS!!! (TROLLEYS IN THE SNOW!)

trolley1.JPG

All pics taken this morning and may not be used without my permission! Thanx!