2006-2007 Edmonton and area spottings

M. Parsons

Not much (again) from today...

Did see more LRV's that have been repainted with the grey fleet numbers added to the side near the middle.

Specifically, 1008, 1018 and 1029. I'm sure it's safe to assume that 1011 and 1017 have them as well.

601 is still the only streetcar on the High Level Bridge line. While it sounds like 930 is close to coming out, they probably don't have the time to be training motormen with the Fringe on.

A 2XX (I think he said Unit # 202) out on training today. Yesterday they had a couple of trolleys out doing training, # 124 & 143. The instructor decided to let the young 'uns have the Belgravia experience. So they turned West onto 76 Avenue :) . Big OOPS. Power is shut off there for LRT and Station construction.

Unit 233 is out on training today (sitting just up from my office!!) and i noticed it is missing drivers side ad in the ad rack.

Unit 130 is outside of city hall right now. also working training. sitting with poles down rope hanging a bit out of the retrievers (which look like they are new) and transfers for yesterday sitting in the transfer holder.

I also noticed that 130 is missing its passenger side ad in the ad rack but has one in the driver side.

This also means power is back on to this section!!

I will post pics tonight when i get home or after that!

Unit 233 is out on training today (sitting just up from my office!!) and i noticed it is missing drivers side ad in the ad rack.

Unit 130 is outside of city hall right now. also working training. sitting with poles down rope hanging a bit out of the retrievers (which look like they are new) and transfers for yesterday sitting in the transfer holder.

I also noticed that 130 is missing its passenger side ad in the ad rack but has one in the driver side.

This also means power is back on to this section!!

I will post pics tonight when i get home or after that!

OK Lets try posting now. wouldnt let me last night lol.

130_640x480.JPG

233_640x480.JPG

Not much (again) from today...

Did see more LRV's that have been repainted with the grey fleet numbers added to the side near the middle.

Specifically, 1008, 1018 and 1029. I'm sure it's safe to assume that 1011 and 1017 have them as well.

601 is still the only streetcar on the High Level Bridge line. While it sounds like 930 is close to coming out, they probably don't have the time to be training motormen with the Fringe on.

I was on 1017 today and it had the grey numbers too

Looks like it could use some paint, too. Weren't all the 2xx low floors supposed to have been rebuilt by now?

they were supposed to. i think theres only 2-3 that are not done.

ETS 1017-1008-1018 were all in one consist today (all repaints).

#130 left from Coliseum signed up as a route 5, but with no passengers. Seemed to be on time... Maybe 5 minutes late. The bus then violently dewired while going through the curve at the east end of the terminal.

170 was northbound on 101 St at 107 Ave not in service at 16:25.

Saw Strathcona County Transit #603... some sort of cutaway... Champion body.

Had seen one from a distance a week or two ago in Millwoods but couldn't confirm what exactly it was, or if it was even a Strathcona unit.

ETS #5001 was out and about again. It seems to be the same driver with that bus anytime I see it so maybe he really likes it...

Later on saw it again (this time in Millwods, first time was in Downtown).

I am assuming it is running on some of handi bus type service.

Pic attached, as well as a pic of 1036 sort of showing the added fleet numbers.

And might as well include a pic of one of the new crossings on Jasper Ave and 101 St.

Spotted 920 out yesterday with a piece of new skirting behind the rear passenger door, BUT it was not painted, left in plain metal. Same deal with 348, it has the skirting in between the front tire and the front door also replaced, but again left bare

920's had that for awhile. http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/ets1978...307n/ets920.jpg

An interesting one I just noticed today... although someone may have mentioned it before...

Is #144. It had the panels replaced between the front and rear wheel on the passenger side. They didn't paint the panels white but rather just applied the decals over top of the unpainted panels.

http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/etsbbc/...121St102Ave.JPG

It was certainly an improvement over it's prior look though! http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/etsbbc/ets144.jpg

144's had that for a while. The last two panels on the driver's side have also been replaced.

920's had that for awhile. http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/ets1978...307n/ets920.jpg

An interesting one I just noticed today... although someone may have mentioned it before...

Is #144. It had the panels replaced between the front and rear wheel on the passenger side. They didn't paint the panels white but rather just applied the decals over top of the unpainted panels.

http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/etsbbc/...121St102Ave.JPG

It was certainly an improvement over it's prior look though! http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/etsbbc/ets144.jpg

Sorry... one that I forgot from yesterday....

The north tent at Ferrier had a row of LF's on the southside only of the tent when I went by at about 13:15.

It was closed up by the time I was heading home... 17:15 or so.

Time to update Barp now I think... Anyone got any ideas? :P

Nope, the passenger side was done at the same time as the driver's side, back in May 2006.

I remember your posts about 144 Michael, especially about the drivers side. The passenger side looks more recent, perhaps a recent development?

As for 920, has it really been that long? Guess I haven't seen the passenger side for few years...

1034 has a messed up component (that I can't remember the name of off hand, but, I want to call it a static converter or motor generator set) that normally allows electricity to be supplied to such things as the lights. Since it's messed up the lights go off each time a section insulator is crossed. :P

Much... like... say a Brill trolleybus... PCC streetcar of G-1 subway car.

I'll post a link with a video clip or two in a short little while.

Strathcona #952 has a "Strathcona County" metal logo thing (much like the new New Flyer logo) near the front door... Again... will post a pic later.

754's was back out today on something out of Clareview.

135 was on a route 3.

4114 was on a route 71 today. This was a Mitchell bus... 71 is a Ferrier run.

Edit: Right then. Links to the videos: http://www.barp.ca/MTV Stands for Martin's Transit Video's. I'm so funny.

They are the last two. The first one is just 180 going through some special work.

And the pic of that Strathcona logo is attached.

The kids these days have a lot more at thier disposal and know how to use stuff to their advantage. What did we have, a slide rule (which I never understood but was fun to play with at the time), and sharp pointy things in the geometry set ! That pointy thing has helped get many corks out of bottles in a pinch. :P

Saw Kelly driving a 5 trolley yesterday. Saw Dennis on a 3 with a D40LF. I think all the 3s I saw were D40LF today, but there were trolleys on the 5.

Yesterday, I believe The Kel-Meister had Unit # 157. Dennis had Unit # 132 and Pally had Unit # 180.

Today, Route 3's were all D40LF, Mitchell bookout, you know :P

The Route 5's that I saw while hanging around downtown before work were Unit #'s 124, 151, 168, and 177 :P

Interesting to note that this database associates the entire order of 4438-4477 to 2004.

The entire order was given 2004 serial numbers.

Most of the buses, if not all, were largely built in 2004. Especially the bodies. The final finishing might have been the only work done to those buses in 2005.

My personal opinion is that they are 2004's, however, on my website I did list them as 2004/05.

However, ETS #4477-4522 were pretty much entirley built in 2005, although, delivery stretched into early 2006.