Car Free Day 2009

SMS

If I was you, I'd go to Levis. When we will received the Novabus LFS 2009, in October-November, #9044 to #9053 are slated to be retired, so If you want to ride them for the last time, it would be the good moment to do so.

9053 is already gone... Only 9044-9047, 9049-9050, 9060 and 9162 in that category are still active.

To promote the new lotto MAX lotery, Loto-Quebec is giving away free day passes valid for STM, RTL, STL and AMT on Sept 22, 2009 only. I couldn't find something official about it online but I found this: http://www.grattecenne.com/2009/09/coupons...nmetro-gratuit/.

In the bus driver room at RTL there's a sign about this promotion and were are told to let everybody in for free even if someone doesn't have a pass. This means RTL is free on carfree day :P

You can now get the free pass online:

English:

http://general.loto-quebec.com/loteries/mu..._voiture_en.pdf

French:

http://general.loto-quebec.com/loteries/mu..._voiture_fr.pdf

Alex

Okay, so Matt and I went to the STM booth at Phillips Square, and there was literally nothing there but the Funambus. No real freebies or anything of interest there. Total waste of time, especially given the crappy weather. There was also a Transdev Limocar coach (886059) parked at St. Catherine & Bleury, but there was no information booth around it or anything. The whole event pretty much sucked because of the weather and the presentation. It was very lacking in quality, and so on.

Okay, so Matt and I went to the STM booth at Phillips Square, and there was literally nothing there but the Funambus. No real freebies or anything of interest there. Total waste of time, especially given the crappy weather. There was also a Transdev Limocar coach (886059) parked at St. Catherine & Bleury, but there was no information booth around it or anything. The whole event pretty much sucked because of the weather and the presentation. It was very lacking in quality, and so on.

Ok, so it's probably not worth going today? I guess that'll save me 2 hours in traffic to get there. Thanks for the heads up.

Ok, so it's probably not worth going today? I guess that'll save me 2 hours in traffic to get there. Thanks for the heads up.

Nah, you'd best not bother. I'd say you should go and take advantage of today's free transit day. Get yourself one of those Loto-Quebec passes, and enjoy :)!

OK Alex and I went to Huntingdon and Sorel! Sure is nice to take time off whenever I want! As expected Huntingdon was nice and quaint and Sorel was a dump!

The action isn't over as I am returning to the RTL for action with Tristan!

After arriving at Longueuil SMS and I rode to TCV where I left to pick up my girlfriend for some evening fanning (she's somewhat of a transit fan too!)

We were originally supposed to go to St-Jerome, but ended up going to Ste-Therese and then SURFing back to Montmorency.

That's 301.7 km of CIT fanning today (equivalent to TCV / Kingston, ON). I think it's a new record for me!

Alex

Total garbage this year. Horrible. Even the free tire pressure checker is horrible, it broke in 2 seconds. :)

Total, total, total garbage.

With a coupon, I took the 12h30 train to St-Hilaire (the last time I rode that line was when they cut the CN train 20 years ago) and I was back at 14h30.

When I got to Ste-Catherine, most exhibits were packed-up!!!

I noticed AMT head-honcho Joël Gauthier pompouslifying about the event somewhere near the Moche Musique building.

So I went to Dorion instead; I had the totally unexpected pleasure to ride in an 900-series old gallery train.