King County Metro - Seattle, Washington

Orion VIII

On 1/27/2024 at 10:14 PM, Flippy1205 said:

On January 24, trolley 4311 collided with a car and lodged itself inside an indoor skatepark.

PXL_20240128_001046156.jpgPXL_20240128_000757279.jpg

These pictures were taken by Wikipedia editor SounderBruce today, since the bus is still there.

Thankfully, nobody was hurt from this event. However, the skatepark is currently scrambling. If you have some spare change, consider donating to the skatepark so they could get back on their feet.

and now it's still there, but covered in graffiti

• 4 weeks later...

King County Metro is going to be building a bus base specifically for Battery Electric buses. It will include maintenance facilities and charging infrastructure that will support 120 next generation buses which will arrive in the next few years. It is scheduled to open in 2026, and will be focused on serving the communities of South County

Source:

https://www.masstransitmag.com/technology/facilities/press-release/53098578/king-county-metro-transit-king-county-metro-breaks-ground-on-first-electric-bus-base-facility

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/lawmakers-county-agencies-more-electric-buses/281-685ccc16-3b42-47dd-bb6d-5a5d3e68fc86

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

Did it had mechanical issues? 

I don't know the actual reason why they're parts buses, but chances are it's something to do with the fact they're prototypes.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2024 at 1:50 PM, Flippy1205 said:

I don't know the actual reason why they're parts buses, but chances are it's something to do with the fact they're prototypes.

There's also the recent issues that Proterra has had which I've heard has been making it difficult to acquire parts from Proterra (up in Everett, apparently one of their newest Proterras, B0808, is temporarily being stripped for parts to keep their other Proterras running until they can get new parts)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So has Phoenix Motorcars been able to get parts supplied for the Catalyst since the they acquired the bankrupt Proterra?  Obviously not as it sounds as if parts can't be secured from them even though they must be continuing to manufacture the newer ZX5 model line?

I haven't been keeping up with the news since they declared bankruptcy last year and were acquired by Phoenix.