What are you eating right now?

Kenster102.5

Started off with a refreshing Tom Collins and bruschetta.  Went on to a chicken breast stuffed with feta and spinach in a brandy and mushroom cream sauce with garlic mashed potatoes, carrots and broccoli and a bottle of Pinot Noir.  Finished off with a wild berry crumble cake.

God bless them for leaving the skin on the chicken - so hard to find places that still do that - its literally the best part - crunchy and salty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nasi Goreng (East Indonesian rice dish). Bought the frozen 'heat 'n' eat version from Dutch Delicious Bakery & Deli. It contains rice, LOTS of Pork Tenderloin chunks, cabbage, carrots, onions, leeks, bell peppers and spices, along with some peanut sauce. Then I added some jalapeno pepper slices, hot sauce and a couple fried eggs (seeing as how I have some eggs to use up). Served piping hot, it was very tasty.

P5070001.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Nasi Goreng (East Indonesian rice dish). Bought the frozen 'heat 'n' eat version from Dutch Delicious Bakery & Deli. It contains rice, LOTS of Pork Tenderloin chunks, cabbage, carrots, onions, leeks, bell peppers and spices, along with some peanut sauce. Then I added some jalapeno pepper slices, hot sauce and a couple fried eggs (seeing as how I have some eggs to use up). Served piping hot, it was very tasty.

P5070001.JPG

I always preferred Bami Goreng - same thing but with egg noodles.

If you ever want good Indonesian food - Holland is the place to be.  Used to always stop off at this gas station just outside of Amsterdam on the A2 - they had these deep fried Chicken Satay Croquettes - they were the absolute bomb.

There's a place at Silver Star Resort in Vernon called The Bulldog Cafe, the funny thing is, they also have a location downtown Amsterdam just outside of Central Station.  Anyway, they actually have a lot of dutch fare like Nasi Goreng, Satay, Lumpia and Bitterballen.

One thing I really miss about Holland, are Frikandellen - not as good as Currywurst in Germany, but a close second ...

Patat_speciaal_and_frikandel_speciaal.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, 9924 said:

One thing I really miss about Holland, are Frikandellen -

The Dutch Delicious Bakery & Deli have Frikandellen. They are always available on a bun, but once in a while they have them in a 'sausage roll' format. Yum.

I do recall going to an East Indonesian restaurant when I was in Holland, however that was 57 years ago. I don't remember much of the food, however what does stand out in my memory was the need to use the restroom and the waiter took me to the 'Heren' (Men) room. With my short hair he must've figured I was a young lad. LOL.  Funny how time distorts memories and things that are not of consequence always end up standing out the most.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lunch - Went to the Butchery to buy some eggs and of course can't leave there without the Smash Burger. Beefy, Cheesy, Onion-laden goodness.

Supper - Green salad with Three Diamond Dressing drizzle, and Salmon Salad on a Kaiser Roll.

P5080001.JPG

P5080001.JPG

P5080003.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At Bayshore shopping centre food court, Subway

Footlong toasted classic italian bread steak n bacon with double both meats, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, black olives, red onions, sweet and sour bbq sauce, and garlic aioli And a large 7up to drink

IMG_8502.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Garlic Italian loaf with Liverwurst, German Butter Cheese, tomato and organic Pea Shoots.

Greens with tomato, grated three cheese blend, crispy onion and Three Diamond Dressing drizzle.

Lemon Cedevita (Croatian vitamin / energy drink)

P5110001.JPG

P5110002.JPG

P5110003.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

House salad, veal parmigiana with creamed spinach and penne/marinara sauce, washed down with about a litre of complimentary house red.  The cannelloni is usually my go to, but decided to change up the menu a bit - haven't had their veal parm in about 8 years.

IMG_2927.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1