What are you eating right now?

Kenster102.5

I originally was going to get groceries today because of one elevator being NIS and the other one being booked for a Move In/Out on Saturday, however the NIS one has been repaired so I can use that one on Saturday. So decided I would go for lunch at Three Vikings. Seems like ages since I've been there. They have new kitchen staff and the food isn't as marvelous as it used to be. Pretty sure they have lost some of their regular patrons.  Some menu items are still good though.

The owners were serving, so to make up for the loss of patronage they cut back on wait staff.

I ordered a 1/2 pint of Irish Red Ale (server brought me a 16oz, but charged me for a 10oz).

I had a Tortilla Soup to start (not shown), it was OK, not the greatest though, could have been warmer.

Then I had the Mushroom Swiss Burger (sans bun). This month they are donating a $1.00 to the Food Bank for every Mushroom Swiss Burger sold.

I asked for Curry Fries on the side, but alas they took the Curry Fries off the menu. I am saddened by this, but I suppose no use keeping it on the menu if only a couple of people order it.  So I settled for the ketchup and gravy mix.

Photo3501.jpg

Photo3505.jpg

• Like 1

A kind neighbor brought over some home made chili. She didn't like it, called it gross and too salty. She added some chicken noodle soup to it to drown out the salt (didn't have the heart to tell her that chicken noodle soup is also salty). There is a nice ratio of ground beef to beans compared to store bought where you need a microscope to detect any morsels of meat. Other than the saltiness, it is mostly quite adequate.

P3040001.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Squishy Bus said:

I ate some toast, orange juice, and cereal this morning! Quite good, if I do say so myself!

(My favourite part of the meal, is when I put some fresh honey on the cereal, helps it taste nicer!) 

@captaintrolley It works! Try it on Rice Krispies! :D

2 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Still have lots of chili in the jar that my neighbor brought over.  Made some Chili Cheese Nachos. Quite tasty actually.  Still have 1/3 jar left of chili.

P3050001.JPG

Yum! I have something you'll enjoy!