Ottawa Region Emergency Vehicle Discussions.

a bit off topic but can anyone identify which cities the following two vehicles belonged to before City of Ottawa took over everything.PA210057.JPGPA210049.JPG

The first one is actually Gloucester, but the second one either Cumberland or Nepean, or something else, I'm not sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

For anyone who has thought that the plane that randomly flys around high profile events is a police plane, they are indeed correct.

In 2001 the province and federal government bought a Cessna for the Ottawa Police Service. There is an image of this plane right on the City of Ottawa's website under the Aerial Enforcement page.

Reason they have kept it looking like a civilian plane is so when you see a plane, it looks civilian. Also when flying over in search of drugs, it looks like a civilian as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are they still used as spares/reserve fleet?

The Brontos are decommissioned, the Pacific in the below photo has been scrapped.

AFAIK yes there are still Reserve units at stations. I plan on doing a bit more fire truck photography and will be able to get a straight answer.

Here is the line up at Station 81 (Stitsville)

L81-Pierce Lance ex?

IMG_7083.JPG

P81B- 1999 International/Superior

IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7085.JPG

A unassigned rescue- International/AFI

IMG_7086.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

P81- 2002-2004 HME/Fort Gary

IMG_7091.JPG

T81- Freightliner FL80/??

IMG_7092.JPG

IMG_7094.JPG

To answer your previous question TheAverageJoe: Reserve is not used on the station magnet on the trucks anymore, they now use a "B" like in the pictures above.

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Here is the line up at Station 81 (Stitsville)

A unassigned rescue- International/AFI

IMG_7086.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

You know, I poked my head in here to see if anyone knew what happened to the old City of Nepean rescue that used to stage out of Barrhaven, but that's completely it. No doubt in my mind. Looks like it's been nicely updated since the late '90's. It used to have single red beacons on the little platforms on either side of the rear doors. Good to see it still around. Still my favourite rig.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...